Think I Have Found The Dress.....

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by SnugglesGirl, May 25, 2010.

1. SnugglesGirl

SnugglesGirl

Hello!

I am going to a wedding dress shop this coming Saturday to try on a dress for the second time......as I "think" its the one......probs tried on about 20 so far...and had 2 faves and then found this dress which seems to have gone to the top of my list and really excited to try it on again.......my only worry is....if I think its the one do I buy at the weekend or should I still try another shop to just make sure.....I keep saying "think" because I have been so overwhelmed with beautiful dresses and would probs have been more than happy wearing any one of the 3 on my short list......arrghhhh...haha.....

My number one dress at the minute is Pronovias - Levante...........and then the other two I really like are Sottero & Midgley ASM3158 and Ellis 11125

Any thoughts on the dresses would be great girls.......[​IMG]

SnugglesGirl, May 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. SnugglesGirl

juliak

Don't know if this is going to be at all helpful, but I must admit snugglesgirl that I immediately fell in love with the Ellis dress when I looked at the pics! Obviously that's just my opinion, in my taste, tho I think they are all gorgeous dresses. You're going to have to try them all on and decide which you feel more comfortable, confident and special in, good luck!

juliak, May 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. SnugglesGirl

SnugglesGirl

Problem is they all felt great...haha!! I dont really like any of the model photos of these dresses so keep looking for real brides.......and much prefer these piccies...couldnt take piccies of myself in these 3 dresses so very hard remembering which had the edge..which is why I am trying the Pronovias again....it will either be ruled out or very much ruled in I think.....whoever said wedding dress shopping would be simple was telling porky pies..haha!! xxx

4. SnugglesGirl

Mrswalton2be

I think you just know when its the one for you! I know that happened to me! [​IMG]

Mrswalton2be, May 25, 2010
  5. SnugglesGirl

SnugglesGirl

Think I am probs just worried about admitting "its the one" as there are so many beautiful dresses around and theres that worry you will find something nicer...and so far that has happened to me 3-4 times....haha! xx

6. SnugglesGirl

ilovepink1984

Hi SnugglesGirl. I like the look of all the dresses - sorry not much help!- but they will completely different on so its depends what you feel most comfortable in! I didn't really have a 'this is the one' moment. It didn't help that my mum, BMs and shop assistants said I had the figure to look good in all of them and they all suited me!! Lucky in one way I suppose but really hard when trying to make a decision! I went to 2 dress shops and tryed about 20 dresses on. In the end I found myself always referring back to the one I picked - Benjamin Roberts - saying things like 'the neckline isn't quite as nice', 'the train isn't as big' etc etc. I then went to try it on again and pranced around in it for about an hour whilst my BMs tryed dresses on, drinking champagne. It just felt right and was really comfortable and everyone was saying how at home I was in the dress. I didn't want to take it off and thats when I knew it was the one and paid half there and then!!

ilovepink1984, May 25, 2010
  7. SnugglesGirl

Becky

These three?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I like the first one best - it is gorgeous! [​IMG]

Becky, May 25, 2010
  8. SnugglesGirl

poppleminster

I love the first one, really beautiful. I like the other two as well but there is something really lovely about that first one that's unusual and classy and just stunning. I'm sure you'll look fab in whichever you choose. If you can't choose then maybe you should have all three... lol :)

poppleminster, May 25, 2010
  9. SnugglesGirl

MrsBoucher2B2012

So pretty. I dont think i can pick between them sorry no help

MrsBoucher2B2012, May 25, 2010
  10. SnugglesGirl

fizzymelon

I love that first one too, some thing about it, very classy and elegant!

fizzymelon, May 25, 2010
  11. SnugglesGirl

Mrsg2b2011

Wow they are all gorgeous!!! I especially love the 1st one. Ok going to really hate to do this to you now but did you try on the Maggie Sottero Cambria Marie? I am obviously going to love it as I am having my dress made & it will be inspired by it but when I look at all three of your dresses I see a bit of all of them in that dress. It is this link: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=cambria&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3277

When I went to try on dresses I didn't have anything like this in mind & when I tried it in I didn't have 'the one' feeling but like ilovepink said I just felt comfortable in it & everythime I think about wearing it on my big day I get excited so maybe thats the thing to do, think of your wedding day & imagine which one you see yourself in good luck hun let us know which one you choose xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 25, 2010
  12. SnugglesGirl

juliak

Ooh, actually I really like the 2nd one more now! Gosh, no wonder you can't decide! x

juliak, May 25, 2010
  13. SnugglesGirl

SnugglesGirl

OOh I will take a sneaky look at that other dress in a minute...just to confuse myself further no doubt...haha!!
    Thanks for all your replies.....really strange cos I havent had "the one" feeling that I thought but then I didnt think I would like so many and I didnt expect so many to look nice on me....knew they looked lovely on the hangar but I thought on me that would be another story! Doesnt help me either that my mum comes along and she likes everything...its lovely yet so bloomin difficult!
    I think my fave has to be the Pronovias....first piccie (thanks so much for the piccies) I thinki it has a bit of eveything going on that I like and yet the back is very simple...I think thats what is throwing me a little bit as I quite fancied tie back but that dress has buttons but did look nice and I am not even sure I would even try to change it....maybe I could ask for some sparkle on the back just to make it even more "me"....I think when I look at the 3 and tried the 3 on...the pronovias made me look how I imagined I would on my wedding day so maybe I wont get "the one" feeling....but just the feeling that I am happy with it.....and content....
    Sorry for the waffle...haha xxx

14. SnugglesGirl

vhc

i've fallen out with pronovias because they had a spokeslady from there talking about dresses last night on The Wedding Designers.

her rnglish grammar was appalling (no, she wasn't english as a foreign language, she just couldn't speak properly!)
    she said pacifically instead of specifically (how many brides get married in the ocean!!???)
    and other random annoyances that made it sound like she'd swallowed a salesman' jargon dictionary.

awful.

so for that reason alone, i would go with dress 2 or 3....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

vhc, May 26, 2010
  15. SnugglesGirl

ilovepink1984

Vhc - I'm glad I'm not the only one. Bad grammar really gets on my nerves! [​IMG]

ilovepink1984, May 26, 2010
  16. SnugglesGirl

Helen

They are all lovely :) hope you can manage to decide!

Helen, May 28, 2010
  17. SnugglesGirl

SnugglesGirl

Hi Girls....
    I am so upset..I have broken my arm...night before last! Off work...arm in plaster...cant move my right arm or hand at all....cant do a thing....and most importantly cant try Levante on again on Saturday...had to cancel appointment and they are selling the sample so might be sold by the time my cast is off...6 weeks!!!! I might sound daft but mite just pop along and have a look at it again....not sure I can try it on with my arms above my head....really sad now...[​IMG]

SnugglesGirl, May 28, 2010
  18. SnugglesGirl

Helen

Oh no poor you :( hope it isn't too painful.

Helen, May 28, 2010
  19. SnugglesGirl

juliak

I'm really sorry to hear about your arm, how did you manage to break it? It's definitely not daft to go and look at it again, go for it.
    Hope you have a speedy recovery. x

juliak, May 28, 2010
  20. SnugglesGirl

SnugglesGirl

I slipped down the stairs in killer slippers.......it was a long time coming.....
    I may call thr shop in the morning and see if i can pop along to browse.....if i could step into the dress i wold probs be okay but with my hips i cant see it happening...[​IMG]

SnugglesGirl, May 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question