The Reluctant Hen

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by Frogbitch, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Frogbitch

Frogbitch

With one week to go, my MOH is fit to explode.
    Four people still haven't replied, but are telling my colleague that they're going.
    I bought a dress though!!! Now I just have a week to get it altered to fit me.

Frogbitch, Jul 20, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Frogbitch

Frogbitch

I was planning on going to a local dressmaker to get my hen outfit altered today, but we had to wait in for the pc repair guy, and he didn't turn up till 6pm.
    I can't see me getting it done in time now, so my MOH has offered to buy the dress from me, or change it for one she was planning to wear herself.
    If that fails, I'll probably wear a skirt I've had for ten years.
    I'm a little more excited about the whole thing now, even though some people on the guest list are being a real pain to my MOH.
    How did going out or dinner get so complicated??

Frogbitch, Jul 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Frogbitch

poppleminster

Annoying about the pc repair guy coming so late in the day. Glad you're looking forward to it a bit more and I hope the irritating people are nicer to moh on the night. I suggest an electric cattle prod and if they start being annoying, zap them! :angry:

poppleminster, Jul 22, 2010
  4. Frogbitch

juliak

People are such pains in the butt aren't they!!!

My night went well, I hate veils and L plates etc too. Luckily I ended up with one balloon which I was happy with! We had a lovely meal then on to a bar for the rest of the evening. We did have quite a few to drink but certainly weren't laddette types (don't worry vhc), we danced and chatted a lot! My friend did make up a questionnaire about Spence for me to answer and picture boards where I had to guess which pic was of one of Spences' body parts (all clean, nothing saucy).

[​IMG]

My Best friend Jenny, me and my stepdaughter to be!

juliak, Jul 22, 2010
  5. Frogbitch

Mrsg2b2011

Ah Ju sounds like you had a fab evening!! xxx
    Frogbitch I am really glad you are getting excited now its just such a shame your friends can't treat your MOH with the respect she deserves! Hope they are better behaved on the night!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 22, 2010
  6. Frogbitch

VikingWife

I am not having a hen do. :)

VikingWife, Jul 22, 2010
  7. Frogbitch

juliak

Must admit, mine didn't feel like a hen do, don't know whether it was just me or not. It just felt like meeting up with the girls for a get together (although all wearing headwear of sorts), I never go out usually so maybe it just felt a bit strange due to that.....?

juliak, Jul 22, 2010
  8. Frogbitch

Becky

Glad you had a good time Julia! In my opinion it would be a good thing for it to not feel like a hen do, but that's just me :)

Becky, Jul 22, 2010
  9. Frogbitch

juliak

Oh no Becky, believe me I wasn't complaining!! x

juliak, Jul 22, 2010
  10. Frogbitch

Frogbitch

My hen is to tomorrow, after my first proper dress fitting, and I really can't get into the spirit of it. Russ and I shed a few tears for the loss of our poor puppy tonight, and the idea of celebrating just doesn't seem right. Maybe I'll snap into it tomorrow.

Frogbitch, Jul 30, 2010
  11. Frogbitch

Frogbitch

Ok, I'm off out in a minute.
    I get the feeling I should have bought tit tape!:)

[​IMG]

Frogbitch, Jul 31, 2010
  12. Frogbitch

MrsBoucher2B2012

you look great hun hope you have a good night

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jul 31, 2010
    Frogbitch likes this.
  13. Frogbitch

iPrincess26

You look beautiful, enjoy your night xx

iPrincess26, Jul 31, 2010
  14. Frogbitch

Becky

You look great! Hope you had a good night :)

Becky, Aug 1, 2010
  15. Frogbitch

Frogbitch

It was a good night thank you.
    I started off at my MOH's Mum's house for drinks and nibbles, with my Mum and my MOH's family. The sun managed to come out, and we sat out in the garden.

Then we went to one of my favourite restaurants in town. We ate 2 courses, then the owner brought out a plate of cupcakes that my MOH's sister had made for us all.
    It was supposed to be a surprise, but my colleague (the one who caused all the hassles), let the cat out of the bag at work.

There was a definite divide on the table. The work lot kept to themselves and my family all sat at the other, but I think everyone had a good time.

Towards the end of the meal, my colleague announced that she'd arranged for a lock in for all of us at her local pub, where the guitarist from my favourite (and closed down) pub had been playing all night.
    The last thing I wanted to do was go to a grubby, working man's pub dressed up in my best outfit. Yet again, she completely misunderstood the sort of evening I wanted.
    It was really nice of her to try and do something for me, but she had taken it for granted that I would want to go, and then had to leave herself so as not to lose face with the landlady of the pub.
    She even rang my mobile about half an hour after we'd left, so I'm guessing she thought she could change my mind.
    Ah well, all I know is that I have a raging headache this morning, and a huge spot on my chin!

Frogbitch, Aug 1, 2010
  16. Frogbitch

Frogbitch

Russ had his stag do today. They are all going go-karting, then off for drinks in Bournemouth.
    He's so excited!

Frogbitch, Aug 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question