The New Mrs Boucher - Wedding Report

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 28, 2012.

1. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Thought i would get a head start on the report.
    I am currently in a huge hotel room surrounded by all the wedding stuff relaxing, Gareth was very sweet and ordered me some champagne for the evening. I have so many pictures to add to the planning thread but i am currently very relaxed so wont be doing anything now apart from sleep.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 28, 2012
    poppleminster likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsC2Be

Have a super day tomorrow, enjoy your fizz (well done Gareth) and have a relaxing evening. I hope you both have a lovely day and advanced congratulations!

Looking forward to hearing all about it xx

MrsC2Be, Jun 28, 2012
    MrsBoucher2B2012 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBoucher2B2012

Helen

Have a fabulous day! Can't wait to see the photos :)

Helen, Jun 29, 2012
  4. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBrown

I hope you had an amazing day, can't wait for pics x

MrsBrown, Jun 30, 2012
    Frogbitch likes this.
  5. MrsBoucher2B2012

Becky

Congratulations!! Hope you had an amazing day, can't wait to hear all about it xxxx

Becky, Jun 30, 2012
    Frogbitch likes this.
  6. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Sorry this is taking so long, we are waiting for the disc of pictures from our photographer. Hubby is picking it up tonight after work so i can start the report now.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jul 12, 2012
    poppleminster likes this.
  7. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBrown

Yippeeee.. We are getting in patient ha ha! Hope you are enjoying being mrs Boucher.. Becky needs to change yr name!

MrsBrown, Jul 12, 2012
  8. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Well the day before was hectic, i spent the morning adding small icing flowers to the cupcakes and sorting the sweets into the glass jars and labeling tubs of sweets that were going on cake stands or in bowls. There was a lot of sweets to sort label and pack poor hubby was in hell, he avoided sweets and chocolate all of June because he gets bad spots when he eats sugary stuff.
    SDC14927.JPG
    Here are most of the sweets set up, there was another 3 jars and 4 colourful bowls to fill.
    SDC14942.JPG
    Most nerve wrecking moment of the day was carrying the boxes with the jars in up to the hotel room, 3 boxes and a bag full of breakable jars and dishes.
    SDC14932.JPG
    Some of the cupcakes before the flower addition

Gareth wanted to make a card box but make it look like something Abi had created so i let him run with his idea we ended up with this:
    SDC14931.JPG
    Everybody loved it.
    I also had a moment of horror when my printer ran out of ink, i can refill the cartridges but i usually end up staining my finger with black ink! Not the look i was going for the day before the wedding by some miracle i refilled it without any spillages and no stains and was then able to finish printing the order of service inserts. The covers were ready.
    SDC14937.JPG

Becky likes this.
  9. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

I have got an amazing mother-in-law she finished work early to pick Abi up and take her to their house so me and Gareth could start the epic five hour run around getting everything to St Mary's. Urgh just the memory of it makes me feel tired. We had to pick up some gifts for the best man and ushers, thank you flowers for the mums and a congrats bunch for my bridesmaid who was given an unconditional offer for the uni of her choice to finish her third year. Then off to town to pick up the bouquets, buttonholes and corsages before heading to St Mary's with the first load of stuff, unpacked the car into the huge hotel room i was staying in for the night. Next trip was to pick up the welshcakes and wedding cake from Llantwit and back to the hotel again, finally trip was from the house to the hotel with the dresses, games and wedding favours.

Since we need our car at St Mary's the day after the wedding Gareth's brother very kindly drove down to pick him up and take him over to their parents place where they and Abi stayed the night before the wedding. So me and hubby had time for a bit of food and a few pints before David arrived. I got up to my room just before ten and was shatter my plans were to hang up all the dresses, make sure the flowers had plenty of water for the night and have a hot bath and sleep.
    SDC14941.JPG
    Abi's and the girls dresses they all fitted no dramas there
    SDC14944.JPG
    Still love my dress
    SDC14947.JPG
    The bouquets and corsages
    SDC14948.JPG
    my garter that i crocheted

And of course you know that hubby ordered a bottle of champagne to be delivered as soon as he left.
    SDC14940.JPG

More tonight x

gildius and Becky like this.
  10. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBrown

Love ur sweetie table... Can't wait to see your dress.. Need to add you on fb!!!!

MrsBrown, Jul 12, 2012
  11. MrsBoucher2B2012

Becky

It's so nice to hear how it all went! I remember the day before our wedding - soooo busy and stressful. Can't wait to read more! :D

Becky, Jul 12, 2012
  12. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsC2Be

Glad you had helpful people around in the days before - makes all the difference!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of it, what I've seen so far looks amazing :)

MrsC2Be, Jul 12, 2012
  13. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Sorry for the delay but i have been struck down by a throat infection/virus. The wedding pictures are amazing and i will get the rest of the report done soon i promise. I also had some good news a few days ago but dont have the time to go into more detail today.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jul 16, 2012
  14. MrsBoucher2B2012

Becky

Hope you feel better soon hon! Looking forward to hearing more about your good news :)

Becky, Jul 16, 2012
  15. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsC2Be

Sorry to hear you've been poorly, hope you get on the mend quickly hun. Neil is suffering with something similar this weekend, it's pretty awful.

Glad you're pleased with the wedding photos, can't wait to see them. Looking forward to hearing news :) x

MrsC2Be, Jul 16, 2012
  16. MrsBoucher2B2012

iPrincess26

Hope you feel better soon, seems to be doing the rounds as Tom has been struck with it too, typical when we both have a week off! Can't wait to see the photos and hear the good news!

iPrincess26, Jul 16, 2012
  17. MrsBoucher2B2012

Mrsg2b2011

Hope you feel better soon hunny!! Looking forward to hearing the good news too!! xx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 21, 2012
  18. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Sorry for the delay

Finally here it is.

So i woken up at 5:30am by someone opening up reception I failed at getting back to sleep so decided to get up and shower before heading down for breakfast.

On the way back to the room i went to check when i could start setting up the room, i almost had a heart attack when there was a mix up and the wrong room was to be set up for the meal. Thankfully it turned out the night porter had written out the wrong instructions but i still couldnt set up until nearly 10 so i tried to relax my room.

My mum and bridesmaids arrived to help set up at 10 and then we all started to get dressed and presentable. Andy our lovely photographer arrived early and had to wait until we had done our hair, i sat in a towel doing my make-up while Andy took pictures of the dress etc.
    DG 004.jpg
    the dress
    DG 009.jpg
    the shoes
    DG 013.jpg
    the mother's buttonholes
    DG 017.jpg
    my flowers

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jul 31, 2012
    gildius likes this.
  19. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

My mil and Abi arrived just after lunch then it was time to get the dress on, it was an interesting experience trying to get into the dress without touching my hair or make-up. Even more fun putting the garter on after the dress. Next it was time to get Abi ready while my moh wrote out her speech again after a minor accident trying tear the paper out of her note book.
    DG 019.jpg
    DG 030.jpg
    DG 033.jpg
    DG 035.jpg

Andy then left us to rush to the church to do some shots of Gareth.
    DG 054.jpg
    DG 077.jpg

20. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

The car arrived and i just about remembered to put my veil on, it stayed in places all day with the help of loads of hairspray and a few grips. There was a bit of drama getting into the car as my mum threw a tantrum over having to sit in the front with the driver. We all traveled from the venue to the church in the one car so that was 6 of us and the driver. The plan had always been my mum would sit up front in case the driver got lost or went to the wrong church (there are two st illtyd churches in llantwit a fair distance between them). However my mum being the pain she is didnt want my mil to sit in back with me, yes my mum is that childish. I put my foot down and she sulked for most of the day.

My moh rang the photographer when we were about to reach llantwit, the wedding before us had over run and there were still guests doing pictures :rolleyes:. So we went on a lovely little ride towards the airport, i wanted to go to the beach but was out numbered :lol:, once we got the call from Andy to say we could make our way to the church we made good time back to town. The driver almost took the wrong turning towards the wrong church so i was right to make my mum sit up front otherwise the wedding would of been even later starting.

We arrived at the right church and i have never been more excited in my life. There was a lot of stopping for pictures before we got through the church gates. Once in the doorway of the church we had a few moment to compose ourselves and sort the bottom of my dress out. My brother gave me away and he was the most nervous out of us all. Apparently my sil gave him a swig from a hip flask earlier on before we arrived as he was so worried and nervous bless him.
    DG 087.jpg

DG 092.jpg
    My favourite shot of me and Abi.

DG 106.jpg

Zoe likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question