The Big Bad Wedding Diet Is Upon Me!

Discussion in 'Weight loss and Fitness' started by lauriex, Jun 28, 2011.

1. lauriex

lauriex

So, I have been meaning to start to get in shape for the wedding since February this year. Unfortunately, all good intentions just went out the window what with being busy trying to finish decorating the house, work and all the other bits in between....As I have time on my side, I have decided that the word 'diet' is not going to exist in my plan. 'Diet' is a bad word, it just makes you feel like you're missing out on things that you're apparently not 'allowed'....Well, I am going to make changes, but they'll be changes for life. I have also decided against joining the gym, I am going to go cycling, power walking (I live near a mountain called the Cave Hill, there's lots of walk ways up it) I'm also close to the coast so its not going to be hard to find places to go walk abouts. I also plan to go swimming twice a week too. My mum plans on doing the cycling and power walking with me, she is part of the reason I have decided not to take up the gym - she is unable to use the gym due to medical problems :)

Now we're coming into July, I think its high time I got my arse in gear. With the way I feel about my weight now (Im size 14-16, used to be 8-10!), I am going to hate every wedding dress I try on, so if I get a head start now I can steer clear of the wedding shops and once I lose some weight I'll feel more confident to go in and try stuff on. I don't really see the point in trying dresses on right now, there's a good deal of time to go yet! So let the weight loss commence!!!! :lol:

lauriex, Jun 28, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. lauriex

MrsBrown

Good luck with it! Hopefully the weather will hold out for you with all that cycling and walking!!

You have plenty of time to go for dresses, but don't be too worried, I think that the right wedding dress holds you and sucks you in ha ha!! You are likely to hate a few dresses anyway.

Keep us posted!

MrsBrown, Jun 29, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. lauriex

Becky

That sounds like the perfect attitude, I'm sure you'll do great :) I'm with you on diets - get thin quick never works: inevitably you feel like you're missing out, and if you lost weight too quickly your body goes into 'starvation mode' so that as soon as you start eating normally again you pile it all back on.

The best way is a balanced diet and exercise - you go girl! :D

Becky, Jun 29, 2011
  4. lauriex

lauriex

Hey Becky and MrsBrown - thanks!

Im looking forward to the get go. Whether it's rain or shine I'll be out walking or cycling!! If I let the weather stop me I'll never do it!

The plan is to do it gradually and get back to my old size....Im the biggest I've ever been in my life, its Neil's fault...Ahem! lolol!! :D I can't do those faddy diets, they're complete rubbish. You're right in what you say, your body crashes into starvation mode - anything you eat is then stored as fat for your body to feed off..So instead of starving myself, I plan to stuff my face slim! hahahahaha!!

I work nights too, so I need to make sure Im really careful what I eat whilst at work! I'll take fruit salads and stuff with me :)

lauriex, Jun 29, 2011
  5. lauriex

MrsBoucher2B2012

i hate dieting i can never stick to them. I have to be really careful now that my gallbladder has been removed because i can now eat all the lovely fatty things like ice cream and chocolate

Hope the health kick is going well hun

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jul 23, 2011
  6. lauriex

martinnat9

Hey! Cycling and walking is fantastic way to lose weight. That's exactly what i did before the wedding and basically built it into my life. Even little things like taking the stairs at work etc definitely helped shed those pounds! Faddy diets are certainly faddy but finding what really works for you is the key. I piled on the pounds again after the wedding (too much celebrating and um..cake and wine!) so started a macrobiotic diet and it really suits me.Check out some info here if you not sure what it is http://www.webmd.com/diet/macrobiotic-diet Some people find it too strict or find it limiting but I love it. I found a site where you can order all sorts of healthy food and because you can filter by diet, I could easily see exactly what was macrobiotic rather than wandering aimlessly wondering what I was going to buy and how to make yummy meals..( found recipes on here too)http://www.thekindfoodcompany.co.uk/grocery Have a wee look and see what you think. Anyway, it's horses for courses and like Becky said the best way is a balanced diet and excercise! Good luck ;)

martinnat9, May 22, 2014
    Becky likes this.
  7. lauriex

zuko1004

Hi. Walking and swimming have really helped me.
    I've just started dress shopping so I was really nervous about being in my underwear and how the dresses would fit etc. All the normal hang ups.
    also done the clean 9 programme which was fabulous and definitely doing it again in a few months and before the big day. Happy to talk about that more too.

zuko1004, Aug 23, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question