The Best Man.....

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by lauriex, Aug 24, 2011.

1. lauriex

lauriex

....So tonight, Neil has gone to play pool with his second eldest brother, Gary...

He is planning to ask him tonight to be his best man, Im sat here at home busting with excitement waiting for them to come home! Will let y'all know what he says once he's home!!!

Booo yaa! :D

lauriex, Aug 24, 2011
    MrsBoucher2B2012 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. lauriex

poppleminster

How did it go? :)

poppleminster, Aug 24, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. lauriex

Becky

I hope it went well!

Becky, Aug 24, 2011
  4. lauriex

lauriex

hey Popple and Becky,

Neil's brother was overwhelmed at being asked..Even had a little cry! lol!! Everyone is delighted that he said yes to being Neil's best man :)

Only a few probs lie ahead......Neil is concerned that a few noses might be out of joint because of this..He has 3 brothers in all. The one who is going to be his best man is the second oldest, he has always been there for Neil whereas the other 2 haven't.. :unsure:

lauriex, Aug 25, 2011
  5. lauriex

Babycake

Dont let people's nose being out of joint get in the way of the excitement!!

What is important is Neil is going to have the man that matters most to him standing beside him on his big day and thats all that matters!! If he has always been there for him he is the right man for the job!!

I have 2 sisters and only having 1 of my sisters and my best friend as the bridesmaids!! It is yer day after all...........

Babycake, Aug 25, 2011
  6. lauriex

Babycake

P.S How did u do the countdown to the big day on your profile?

Babycake, Aug 25, 2011
  7. lauriex

MrsBrown

Glad you are excited! Dont worry about the others they will be fine I am sure :)

MrsBrown, Aug 25, 2011
  8. lauriex

Becky

Laurie that's brilliant news! I'm sure the other brothers will understand (even if it is begrudgingly) given that your H2B is a lot closer to him than them.

Babycake - you can have the count down on the main forum index if you have inserted your wedding day on your profile. Click on your user name (top right on the menu bar), then 'My Profile'. There will be a black button on the right hand side saying 'Edit my profile', and if you click on that and scroll to the bottom of that page you can insert your wedding date.

Becky, Aug 25, 2011
  9. lauriex

lauriex

Well, Neil hasn't yet said anything to the rest of his family yet. Unfortunately his Best Man's girlfriend's (who is my BM) mum is in hospital. She has cancer and she caught pneumonia just before Christmas. It doesn't look like she'll be coming home. So it didn't really seem appropriate to mention anything 'weddingy' at this moment in time, we planned to have a little toast on New Year's Eve. We'll leave it for another time, I just hope that my friend is OK, she's close to her mum :(

lauriex, Jan 4, 2012
  10. lauriex

lauriex

My friend's mum sadly passed away this morning. Feeling helpless :(

lauriex, Jan 5, 2012
  11. lauriex

MrsBrown

Oh no.. Sorry to hear that. :( thinking of you and your friend.

MrsBrown, Jan 6, 2012
  12. lauriex

Becky

Aw I'm really sorry to hear that. I know it feels like there is nothing you can do, but remember that just being there for your friend will mean a lot to her.

Becky, Jan 6, 2012
  13. lauriex

lauriex

thanks girls :) we called round to her parents house last night. Her mum is at home, it was so sad. We were glad we went though x

lauriex, Jan 6, 2012
  14. lauriex

MrsC2Be

sorry to hear this, the fact you've made the effort to go will be a great comfort to your friend and they'll really appreciate it x

MrsC2Be, Jan 7, 2012
  15. lauriex

poppleminster

Bug hugs. Feeling helpless is horrible but a sign of how much your friends mean to you. Just knowing you're there will be a comfort to her. Somethimes there is just nothing you can say because all you want to do is make it better. The first week after such a close relative dies is shock so usually not remembered much as time passes, the key is to just get through each day and not expect anything of yourself so she might be a bit spaced out and irrational.

You could get a box and collect things that you know she'd love to see later on. Sometimes it's easy for people to try and clear out belongings and photos etc without thinking long term. If you can encourage her to create a memory box of things her mother loved and that make her smile then it's a healthy way to grieve as she can just open the box when she feels sad and needs to feel close to her mum. It might make her cry when she does so but sometimes that is just what we need.

Thinking of you lots, she's lucky to have a lovely friend that cares like you do xxxx

poppleminster, Jan 7, 2012
  16. lauriex

iPrincess26

So sorry to hear that. The others have said what I would've said so I won't repeat it.

Popple the memory box is a fantastic idea.

Big hugs to you all.

iPrincess26, Jan 7, 2012
  17. lauriex

MrsMay2011

So sorry Laurie, as others have said it sounds like she is lucky to have you as her friend x

MrsMay2011, Jan 7, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question