Thank You Gifts- Completed!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsGroves2B, Jun 18, 2013.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Sorry, I'm invading the forum, but I'm just so excited and so anxious all in one that I have to do something, so focusing on all I've achieved- looking at the positives (let's see how long it lasts!)

I have completed the thank you gifts and nearly all of them are wrapped, with the exception of the one gift for each Usher, which are at my parents' house, and I'll be there tomorrow, and the boxes, as I need to add a completed order of service in each of them before I wrap them up, which, again, are at my parents' house.

So, here are the gifts. I've tried to keep them cheap but thoughtful:

Mother of the Bride gift- a little kind of compact mirror/photo frame:
    055.JPG

Mother of the Groom gift (same as Mother of the Bride gift):
    056.JPG

Page Boy gift- silver yo-yo:
    057.JPG

Everyone with a role (each parent, Bridesmaid, Maid of Honour, Best Man, Page Boy, Ring Bearer, two Nan's, the lady who's doing my hair and the lady who's doing my make up) had one of these Lucky Sixpences personalised with their names, thank you for whatever their role was, and our names and wedding date on the back (with the exception of the Ushers who have a different coin as I'd ordered them before I knew about these ones!):
    058.JPG

Usher's gift- Lucky Sixpence boxed:
    070.JPG 071.JPG

Best Man gift- mini photo frame and keyring set:
    072.JPG

Ring Bearer gift- mini photo album I've embellished and put photos on (not in):
    082.JPG 081.JPG

Parents' gift- a keepsake box handmade by me and filled with things from the day or relating to the day- a copy of the handmade invitation, a copy of the invitation we sent out for postal invites, a copy of the save the date card (only sent to those abroad or who live a very long distance from us), a box of confetti and a children's wedding favour. A copy of the order of service will go in each one when finished, but also I've put the little gifts for the Mother's and Father's and Lucky Sixpences for them, individually wrapped up and their role written on them:
    086.JPG 087.JPG 088.JPG 089.JPG 090.JPG 091.JPG 093.JPG 094.JPG

Bridesmaid and Maid of Honour gifts- like parents' box but longer and thinner:
    095.JPG 096.JPG 097.JPG 098.JPG 099.JPG 100.JPG 101.JPG 102.JPG

Bridesmaid and Maid of Honour additional gift- one necklace each, the plain one for the Bridesmaid and the one with sparkly gems for the Maid of Honour:
    103.JPG

In addition to these the Father of the Bride and Father of the Groom have had cufflinks and the Ushers have had cufflinks, both are the same (square and burgundy) but the font colours are different- Ushers are in white and the Fathers' are in a ivory sort of colour. I haven't got photos of these though.
    Also, our Grandparents have had a large silver photo frame each, and I've embellished them with "My Granddaughter's Wedding", "My/Our Grandson's Wedding" on the top and "29th June 2013" on the bottom, with a note inside written as a little verse saying that when we get the photos back we will send them a photo to put in it.

I like making things, and working at Hobbycraft certainly helps with this, but I've tried so hard to keep the costs down (and the Best Man's gift we brought a couple of years ago!)

xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 18, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Helen

Wow that is a lot of thank yous!

Trying to remember what we did now...

I didn't give my bridesmaids anything, to be honest they didn't do anything! I gave them their skirts and said they could wear whatever top and shoes etc they wanted, they were only there at the reception, not the wedding, so they did photos at reception and collected our guest book hearts after dinner. Thought buying their skirts was enough of a present.

Didn't give anything to husbands dad, he hadn't done anything or contributed. Gave him a tie and buttonhole to wear.

Best men, again only came to reception, did fabulous speeches and did help on the day, gave them a cow shaped helium balloon each. Gave them both waistcoats, ties and button holes.

My parents and sister did come to the actual wedding, we gave them small silly gifts that we bought when we were in Canada. Sister had same as bridesmaids, ie a skirt! She also had a bouquet. My dad had a tie and buttonhole. Mum didn't want anything in terms of flowers.

Didn't give gifts to grandparents? Not sure why it would be expected really, they didn't do anything, plus would be weird giving things to just my family as husband has no living grandparents. I took flowers from the reception to all our family graves afterwards. Once we had photos back we took them to show them and then had the ones they chose printed for them.

None of my family or friends would appreciate the traditional gifts, it just isn't their thing, hence why some of our gifts may seem a bit strange! Horses for courses lol. That was the hardest bit finding suitable things for people!

Helen, Jun 18, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Ours are all doing something, so with our 2 Nan's we got something. My Nan has paid most of the wedding and most of the honeymoon, Chris' Nan has paid for all the flowers, parents have all brought things.

I can see why you didn't buy yours gifts being just the reception and not doing a lot, if it was the same for us we wouldn't have done either

xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 18, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question