'thank You' Gift Idea, Really Hard For One Particular Friend.

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsT_2be, Mar 6, 2012.

1. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Hi all,

I'm having a little dilemma on what to get my close friend, we've known each other over 20 years. She's already married so she helps me along the way from dress searching, decorate my small venue, lending me her tiara (borrowed), favours, lending her hoop underskirt to her car as our wedding car (she has a 2011 Audi A4 in white!!!) Nice and perfect wedding car. :D She doesn't know it yet but I'm going to ask her to be my witness!

She is one true friend and couldn't ask for a better friend than her. I like to get something so she can keep rather than a bunch of flowers, tho flowers are lovely.

Her husband is my chauffeur, their daughter of 6 gonna be my little bridesmaid and my friend's mum is helping with couple of things!!

So like I said it's my close friend thank you gift I'm having trouble on deciding. I have looked at an engraved glass plaque but i'm not 100% sure, part of me feel it's a bit cheesy so i've ditched that idea. :wacko:

Any ideas, much appreciated Thanks girls!!

xx

MrsT_2be, Mar 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsT_2be

MrsOliver2b

We got married in July and wanted to get our bridesmaids something to keep.

We bought them each a silver photo frame with friend wrote on it. The frames held about . pictures we put photos in of us together throughout our friendship and in the space for the biggest picture wrote a note thanking them for their help on our special day. They then can replace the note with a photo from the wedding.

Xx

MrsOliver2b, Mar 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsT_2be

MrsOliver2b

That should have said the frame held about 5 pictures!! Im on my phone and predictive text took over!!!

MrsOliver2b, Mar 6, 2012
  4. MrsT_2be

MrsBrown

What about a piece of jewellery? A nice chain or bracelet. She could wear it on the day and keep it knowing what it was purchased for. Doesn't have to be expensive either.

MrsBrown, Mar 6, 2012
  5. MrsT_2be

Becky

What's your budget? I agree that a piece of jewellery would be nice and you don't need to spend a lot.

Alternatively, how about an experience? I got my maid of honour a mini boudoir shoot as a thank you present - it was £40 (on offer - usually £100) and she'd been wanting to do one for ages! She also got to keep a photo afterwards, so it was good as both an experience and a gift to keep. It's not for everyone though!!

Becky, Mar 7, 2012
  6. MrsT_2be

Helen

I like the ideas suggested so far. A (real) silver photo frame is always a great gift as is a specially chosen item of jewellery. I love Becky's idea too, if you don't think she would like to do something like that then you could always get her a different 'experience' voucher or a holiday voucher or something along those lines.

Helen, Mar 7, 2012
  7. MrsT_2be

poppleminster

How about making her a scrapbook and including in it all the reasons you think she and her family are special?

poppleminster, Mar 7, 2012
  8. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

A bracelet sounds like a good idea and the photo shoot, I already gave to her for her 30th birthday gift. A nice frame also sounds a good idea.

Thanks for all your ideas. xx

MrsT_2be, Mar 9, 2012
  9. MrsT_2be

Natalie

Congratulations MrsT_2be - know that this is no longer relevant to you - but might help inspire other brides for ideas...

When my best friend got married last year she gave me and the other 2 bridesmaids beautiful clutch bags which matched our bridesmaid dress and had our names, the date + a 'thankyou for being my bridesmaid' message printed inside. She got them from an online company called [self promotion removed] - not sure exactly how much they cost but they were lovely - and i've used mine loads.

I'm thinking of having one made for my mum when i get married next year x

Natalie, Jan 23, 2013
  10. MrsT_2be

MrsGroves2B

I'm currently in the process of making keepsake boxes for my Bridesmaid and Maid of Honour, also doing the same for the parents but the box is smaller (will still have the same kind of things in but just a little smaller). Inside I've got (so far) a handmade invitation (only gave them to parents, Grandparents mainly, but a couple of others have them), a standard invitation, a save the date card, a little card for our Debenhams Gift List information, a box of confetti and a children's activity pack (favour). I am going to also add one of the favours, a copy of the Order of Service and some random photographs of the venue, etc.

We haven't got a lot of money so it's a cheaper alternative for a gift. I work at Hobbycraft on a Saturday so my staff discount has come in very useful! I've brought mâché boxes and gold paint, currently letting the last coat dry, then will decorate with embellishments, and have something in the middle saying something like "Our Son's/Daughter's Wedding" "Bridesmaid/Maid of Honour Memories" with our names and wedding date underneath.

I love keepsakes, doing the same kind of thing for us and letting the paint dry on one for my Hen Night things, I keep a copy of everything- kept my Hen Night wristband from the venue, all the banners, a couple of each type of balloon (purposely took them out and didn't inflate them!), etc. I think (or at least hope) it's the kind of thing they'd appreciate too.

MrsGroves2B, May 13, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question