Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

Discussion in 'Best Buys and Bargains' started by MrsC2Be, May 28, 2011.

1. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Apologies if someone else has already posted this, but I've been having a nosey around for ways of saving money on vital wedding kit having lost my job recently and halted all saving....

You can exchange £10 worth of Tesco clubcard vouchers for £30 worth of reward tokens, for whatever of selected stuff you want. The one that grabbed my eye was for Goldsmiths. We're going to save up our vouchers to go towards our rings. Clubcard vouchers have like 2 year expiry dates, so even ones we have now can go towards it. Score!

There's loads of other stuff you can get too tho, hotels, air miles, holidays etc etc worth a look :D x

P.S. I actually hate Tesco coz they're taking over the world and putting small, independent business (like the one who employed me) out of business coz they can't compete. I'm going to screw them for as much as I can, once Neil buys his petrol from them for the next year :D

MrsC2Be, May 28, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsC2Be

poppleminster

I'm a tesco veteran. I furnished my entire home with mfi fitted stuff to increase it's value before selling it. I've saved a fortune over the years but the system is clever now. Beware of goldsmiths only because they sell the same quality as their cheaper chain sister branches but at much higher prices so that they can make drastic reductions. The vouchers are only valid on full price stuff. You can get a good deal but bear in mind that you would get the same item a lot cheaper anyway if you shopped around. Worth doing if you wont use the vouchers for anything else. Well spotted xxx

poppleminster, May 29, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Scratch that, we'll have to find some other use for the vouchers, we've been and bought our rings from Beaverbrooks. My engagement ring is from there and we've always been really impressed with the service. Spent way over budget, and Neil's is more expensive than mine (considerably!) but I don't care lol

Oh and I've since read a load of crap reviews about Goldsmiths, particularly in relation to customer service.....

MrsC2Be, May 30, 2011
  4. MrsC2Be

poppleminster

Glad you found rings :D I did spend some vouchers in Goldsmiths once but you have to spend over £250 to use the vouchers and not sale items. In the end I got some diamond earrings that were half the price in Sammuels down the road so I wasn't impressed.

xxx

poppleminster, May 30, 2011
  5. MrsC2Be

MrsMay2011

MrsC, you're right you can get some great deals with clubcard vouchers. Chris bought my eng ring using a 0% Tesco credit card, which he then paid off immediaetly. But this netted us looooooads of clubcard points which we managed to use for a mini-break in Ibiza!

I also exchanged £30 of Clubcard vouchers for £120 of Goldmiths vouchers (back end of last year when it was still 4x face value) and got my BM gifts. They must have relaxed the min £250 spend?

More recently we had about £12 worth of vouchers left, and bought a £15 white letterbox thing to use as a postbox at our reception at Tesco.com so only had about £3 left to pay.

So deffo crack on with the plan of garnering as many points as poss, as they can come in handy!

MrsMay2011, Jun 1, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question