Team Coopitt Become "the Coopers"

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by MrsC2Be, Sep 16, 2012.

1. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Alright ladies?!

I didn't really get much of a chance to get anything down on here before we bogged off to Sicily 2 weeks ago, after our wedding on the Friday.

We're still waiting for our professional pics, so won't do all of this yet, but can at least make a start.

We had an absolutely amazing day - the weather was better than expected and managed to hold off raining until we'd finished our photos, after which it lashed it down!

So I took two days beforehand off work to get last minute things done - Wednesday was fairly chilled out, a few last minute bits of shopping with a friend and some packing. Thursday however was horrendous. My Mum, sister and me had a lovely morning getting our nails done and pedicures, which was lovely and chilled out. But then we had to go and collect my dress, the bridesmaid dresses, see the cake (amazing), collect the rest of the favours etc etc before going home to collect everything, drop it all off at the venue and then head back to the hotel for dinner with our families! Phew!

The one thing that saved us here was delegating. I originally planned to do a lot of it myself, but in the end my sister was a god send and really helped us out. As did the other bridesmaid who ran me a gorgeous bubble bath and pampered me a bit before we went for dinner.

25 of us all ate at the hotel on the Thursday night, all family and some very close friends. The meal was great and a nice way for our families to get to know each other a bit better before the big day.

There'll be more to follow in the next few days, as I slowly get back to normal :D x

MrsC2Be, Sep 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsC2Be

Becky

Woo you're back! :D

Congratulations again, and so pleased to hear you had a great day, and can't wait to hear more about it xxxx

Becky, Sep 17, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsC2Be

MrsBrown

I love your photos on fb!!! Honeymoon sounds fab too. :)

MrsBrown, Sep 17, 2012
  4. MrsC2Be

MrsT_2be

Congratulations!

Hope it all went well? :) How are you getting used to being a Mrs?

People had to keep correcting me calling my husband, my 'partner'..! :p

MrsT_2be, Sep 18, 2012
    Helen likes this.
  5. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

So we're having a bit of an issue with the photographer...

There were two of them there on the day (brilliant). One of them is clearly responsible for doing the majority of photo processing/editing blah blah and he said to me and Neil on the day, that he goes away just before we get back from honeymoon so he will have them all sorted for us to see before he goes away.

We get back, he's gone away and we hear nothing. Neil contacts them, the woman there does a fantastically poor bit of customer service (you know the one where they say they'll phone you back and then they don't.... three times?!) and it turns out he hasn't even started them, let alone finished.

We never expected them to be ready so quickly, but we should at least have something to show for what we've paid (because he said we would have!) especially seeing as they've cashed the bloody cheque. Grump.

MrsC2Be, Sep 24, 2012
  6. MrsC2Be

Frogbitch

I was promised pics in two weeks. It took more like 6.

Frogbitch, Sep 25, 2012
  7. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

That's the thing - i was prepared for a wait. If he'd not said anything I wouldn't be bothered. The not calling back thing irritate me though, it's bloody rude!

MrsC2Be, Sep 25, 2012
  8. MrsC2Be

Becky

Oh no, that's a pain! :( Do you know when he's back from holiday? I hate it when companies make unrealistic promises - if they are in any doubt about whether they can deliver then they should say so. I much prefer honesty!

Hope you get to see them soon xx

Becky, Sep 25, 2012
  9. MrsC2Be

Helen

Agreed, why don't they just say 6 weeks to start with, then if they get them done sooner you are pleased rather than annoyed and disappointed when it gets put back.

Both our Canadian and UK photographers were brilliant, the Canadian photographer got our pictures to us before we left (amazing to be able to take them home with us), she asked us for a list of places we were staying and the dates and when we checked in to one place they were there waiting for us.

Helen, Sep 25, 2012
    MrsC2Be likes this.
  10. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

So although we're still waiting for our professional photos, Neil's Dad took some really good ones (he's a bit of a dab hand with the camera actually).

Have attached a few here as a sneak preview :)

Attached Files:

MrsC2Be, Sep 26, 2012
    MrsT_2be, Zoe and Frogbitch like this.
  11. MrsC2Be

MrsBrown

I lobpve the photo with the confetti! You look very happy in all off them like you couldnt stop smiling!

Your cake is just amazing, I bet you didn't want to cut it!!!!!!

MrsBrown, Sep 27, 2012
  12. MrsC2Be

Becky

I'm loving the sneak preview!! Agree with MrsB that the confetti shot is gorgeous, and looking at your cake makes me wish we'd had one! Don't think I've ever seen such an amazing wedding cake! x

Becky, Sep 27, 2012
  13. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

It was a million times better than we were expecting - they really went to town on it. Definitely a shame to cut it up though!

MrsC2Be, Sep 27, 2012
  14. MrsC2Be

Helen

Looks like you had a great day. Loving the photos with the car and the cake pics :)

Helen, Sep 27, 2012
  15. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

We have photos - Yay! Although now we have to choose which we want to put in our album and I have a feeling it's going to take a while because there's loads we love.

Anyway....

Friday morning came around and I was adamant I still wasn't nervous. Then I realised I'd not given the best man Neil's wedding present the night before.... panic! Luckily one of my lovely friends wasn't coming to get her hair done with us and went off to deliver it to him at his hotel while we went off to the hairdressers. In fact, she was a god send on the day and was pretty much an unofficial bridesmaid.

Then I went to get my Mum from her room so we could all have breakfast together and she gave me Neil's present and card and I completely went to pieces! He'd bought the same card for me as I had for him (good taste!) and it was so lovely I just burst into tears. He got me a lovely bracelet which I ended up wearing on the day :)

When we got back from the hairdressers, it was all go - one of my bridesmaids is a project manager so is super organised and had everything planned out for timings for us to be ready. She did my make up for me with, as she'd been with me when I bought a load of stuff from Estee Lauder and had a practice with the lady there. (I can't recommend their foundation highly enough, it was perfect all day).

Attached a few photos my friend took while we were getting ready - I'm glad we didn't have a proper photographer there, I think it would have freaked me out, as I started to get a bit nervous by this point!

Attached Files:

MrsC2Be, Oct 11, 2012
  16. MrsC2Be

Becky

That is so sweet about the card!! What a great sign on your wedding day - you know he is the perfect match for you (not that you didn't know that before, nice to have a confirmation though!)

Can't wait to see the photos! How many have you got and how many do you need to narrow it down to for the album? Do you get to keep the digital files?

Becky, Oct 11, 2012
  17. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

We've got 300 odd. We're getting a 30 page album, so basically it depends on which overlays we choose as to how many photos we can fit in. We've got a DVD with all of them on, which is ours to keep. Pretty handy as it means we can give the photos that people want to them to get printed.

Think we're going to start by binning the ones we definitely don't want and work from there. It may take a while!

MrsC2Be, Oct 13, 2012
  18. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Our wedding car was fantastic - the driver was so lovely, he put me at ease right away. The car went for Neil and Best Man first from their hotel, then over to where we stayed to collect the two ushers and ditch their stuff. He then did another two trips for Neil's parents and the grandparents and then came back for me, BM's and my parents. This is us arriving :)

Hewitt 024.JPG

Beforehand the boys had their photos done. My little cousin Max was our page boy and he was absolutely brilliant on the day. He looked so cute and he was brilliantly behaved, he loved the responsibility!

Hewitt 009.JPG

Hewitt 003.JPG

Hewitt 006.JPG

My lovely husband :D
    Hewitt 015.JPG

When we arrived we were given the flowers, which was the first time I'd actually seen our bouquets. They were lovely and exactly what we wanted.

Hewitt 001.JPG

MrsC2Be, Oct 13, 2012
    Zoe likes this.
  19. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

By the time we got there I was actually really nervous. The registrar met us and asked me and my Dad all the standard stuff and ran through what we were going to do. I was a bit worried that we'd not had a rehearsal and nobody would know what they were doing but the registrar and the manager at the Hunting Lodge really looked after us.

We had a few photos before we went inside which are some of my favourites:

Hewitt 034.JPG

Hewitt 037.JPG

Hewitt 040.JPG

MrsC2Be, Oct 13, 2012
    Zoe likes this.
  20. MrsC2Be

Helen

I love the bright yellow in your bouquet, really stands out :)

That was very good of them to do so many trips for people too.

Helen, Oct 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question