Team Coopitt Are Getting Married!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsC2Be, Jan 23, 2011.

1. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Seeing as I have so long to wait til I get married (586 days and counting!) I thought I'd get a bit of what we've sorted so far down, so I can watch it slowly grow into a super duper wedding (hopefully) :D

So, as the title suggests, we are Team Coopitt (Cooper and Hewitt). This came about as a result of some alcohol, so please don't hold our loserishness against us, because in face we think we are super cool.... ha. As some of you already know, a Cooper marrying an Alice leads to a highly amusing name and the possibility that people will sing Poison at me for the rest of my life, or at least my mate Dom will. I have however decided to roll with the punches and laugh at myself and change my name anyway. Hardcore. :lol:

After much faffing about deciding whether us as a couple would actually work, we got together at the beginning of 2009 and engaged 5 months later in June. Cue a long engagement while we save up for said wedding.....Anyway below is my lovely engagement ring, which I hope to get my wedding ring matched to. :)

Attached Files:

MrsC2Be, Jan 23, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

We pretty quickly set about finding somewhere to get married and although OH's family are pretty regular church goers, I am most definitely not, so we decided against a church wedding. This meant a search for somewhere lovely where we could have the ceremony and reception all in one place. Unfortunately we live in Cheshire and as lovely as that is, it also makes things expensive, meaning we wrote off a good few places due to being way out of our budget.

I then stumbled on Adlington Hall, where it turned out one of my badminton buddies got married. She couldn't recommend it highly enough, so I thought we'd check it out and it is perfect for what we want and affordable. The actual hall itself is pretty grand and probably a bit too fancy for us (as we are definitely not fancy) so we've gone for the Hunting Lodge, which has been converted and is absolutely lovely.

Hunting Lodge We'll be having reception drinks out the front (fingers crossed for the weather) in between the ceremony and the meal. If the weather holds we'll be able to get lovely photos outside too, but if not there are lovely places to have photos done inside too, so all bases covered! Also, if we're allowed I want to get croquet and giant chess outside for our guests while we go off for photos - it'll keep people busy and fit in with the Alice in Wonderland theme perfectly.

Staircase I love this staircase for pictures.

Reception and this is what it should all look like set out for a reception. I was thinking against chair covers, but now I've seen both with and without I think I prefer them with (dammit!) Thoughts?

The ceremony will be set up facing the big window at the end of the room which I like too :)

MrsC2Be, Jan 23, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsC2Be

airy_fairy

since you have nice chairs - instead of the horrible stacking sort most places have I'd go without the chair covers - more money for other pretty things!!!!!!!!! suppose it depends what you decide to do for your decor :)

airy_fairy, Jan 23, 2011
  4. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

To be honest, we'll probably keep it fairly simple, because I quite like the exposed brick of the actual building. We get flowers for the room included as part of our package and by the time we've Alice in Wonderlanded things up a lil bit we won't need much more I don't think. I quite like those chairs, I think they go quite well with the rest of the room and my first instinct was to keep them without covers :)

MrsC2Be, Jan 23, 2011
  5. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Even though it's so far away, I had an impulsive moment and bought my dress already. I'd tried quite a few on when I had my Mum and BM's with me when we were at a wedding show and had a fair idea of what suited me and what I was looking for. On another trip to a smaller fair, I made an appointment with a local dress shop to try some stuff on when my BM could come with me. We then had to change it, I was passing with my Mum, said I'd pop in to get a new appointment and ended up trying on dresses there and then :) I love my dress and as soon as I put it on I knew I loved it :lol:

I can either have it with or without a halterneck strap. I'm possibly gonna be a maverick and have the strap put on for the day and whip it off for the evening, as the lady at the shop said she'll make it for me for free, along with all the alterations - bargain! :D

Attached Files:

MrsC2Be, Jan 23, 2011
  6. MrsC2Be

airy_fairy

Beautiful :) I really like the different fabric layering :lol:

airy_fairy, Jan 23, 2011
  7. MrsC2Be

poppleminster

Yay a Coopitt thread :)

Took you long enough woman! I like the chairs both ways. It's so easy to get sucked into expensive things we don't really need but.... it's worth it if you really like them. If there is any chance you'll look back at photos and wish you'd had them then go for it.

xxx

poppleminster, Jan 24, 2011
  8. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Well we had discussed it and originally we said we weren't bothered, because it's a huge expense for 80 odd chairs and doesn't neccessarily add that much to the overall look of the room. I keep changing my mind, but I don't think we'll go for them.

MrsC2Be, Jan 24, 2011
  9. MrsC2Be

poppleminster

The chairs do look nice anyway and they go with the look and feel of the room too. If it's not an instinctive thing you want then it's probably just wedding pressure getting to you! xx

10. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

At like £300 extra I think we can do without lol

MrsC2Be, Jan 24, 2011
  11. MrsC2Be

poppleminster

Ouch. Too right. :) Buy knitted favours instead... heehee I am soooo not conventional :)

12. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Well, speaking of favours, at the moment I'm up for making some little jam tarts as favours. Some coloured tissue and cellophane round them and they'd fit perfectly with the theme. And an old-school luggage tag attached to it as place settings. I think... No doubt I'll change my mind again lol

MrsC2Be, Jan 24, 2011
  13. MrsC2Be

Helen

I like your chairs without covers.

Love your idea of jam tarts and luggage tag place setting favour combination, I think that will look fab :)

Helen, Jan 25, 2011
  14. MrsC2Be

poppleminster

Jam tarts rock! If you go to a baking shop you can get those really small heart cutters and could put little hearts in the centre made from pastry :)

poppleminster, Jan 25, 2011
  15. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

I found a set of 3 different sized heart shaped cutters in Home Sense (home version of TK Maxx) and snapped them up for 2 quid :) bargain!

MrsC2Be, Jan 25, 2011
  16. MrsC2Be

Helen

I really want to eat a jam tart now lol :)

Wonder if I have enough jam to make a batch.... :)

Helen, Jan 25, 2011
  17. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

I'm gonna have to make test batches to practice them not looking lopsided and wonky like normal lol

My badminton team can be the guinea pigs :) or I'm gonna get really fat lol

MrsC2Be, Jan 25, 2011
  18. MrsC2Be

poppleminster

I might be joining your badmington team...

poppleminster, Jan 25, 2011
  19. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

We play lots of badminton, eat cake in between games, go to the pub and eat crisps after matches and have regular team curries. We like eating and the sport becomes neccessary to prevent obesity :)

MrsC2Be, Jan 25, 2011
  20. MrsC2Be

Helen

Sounds like my sort of badminton team :) :)

Helen, Jan 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question