Table Top Fun?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by nahatalie, Apr 5, 2013.

1. nahatalie

nahatalie

Hi,

I've been thinking a lot about how to entertain guests while they sit down to a long, boring meal. I eould like something fun and interactive that a few people at a time on the table can enjoy. I've been to weddings where they had a quiz about the couple on the tables, but I find this quite narcissistic and I think it looks messy on the table. I also heard of people providing travel sized board games and I really like this idea but I don't know if there is room on the table for it, also where on earth do you put it and I don't want to let it detract from our unusual centre pieces (bonsai trees surrounded by flowers). And finally, I've seen those trivia question cards everywhere and they look nice, neat, inkeeping and the right size, but the questions are all really cheesy and about "love" and weddings. I think people will have quite enough cheesy rubbish having to endure the wedding as it is! The right thing for the tables just hasnt clicked and no amount of google searching is throwing anything up! Any ideas?! Thanks.

nahatalie, Apr 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. nahatalie

Helen

Could you make your own trivia questions and get them printed? That way you can choose what to have and avoid the cheese.

I love the travel board game idea, space can be an issue I agree.

To be honest I've never been to a wedding that has had a long and boring meal. Long yes but never boring, there have always been lots of people to talk to and lots of food to eat.

Do you think that by giving extra things to do that people may not pay attention/talk during the speeches?

Helen, Apr 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. nahatalie

Becky

I always thought it would be an interesting idea to write down one fact about each guest on each table, and to mix them up in the middle - then the guests have to figure out which person it relates to. It's a bit of fun and gets people talking who may not know each other :)

Becky, Apr 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question