Sweetie Table

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by flo2310, Jun 24, 2010.

1. flo2310

juliak

GENIUS!!!!!

Think i'm going to give in and have a sweetie table at the evening reception......please don't tell Spence, havn't run it past him yet. Though the friends who are hosting the evening do have already said that they are using their chocolate fountain so I think it will be cool having sweets surrounding that. Also got bubble machines so am going to have them blowing over the dance floor I think!

juliak, Jul 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. flo2310

angelcake71

mr chip.co.uk or mrchips.co.uk sells glass sweet jars.. with lids.. quite good price too

angelcake71, Jul 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. flo2310

juliak

Asda are doing packs of three x 550ml kilner jars for £2.50!

juliak, Jul 18, 2010
  4. flo2310

MrsBrown

I soooo want a sweetie table!!!! I might have to work on H2b seen as he got his hog roast ha ha

MrsBrown, Jul 18, 2010
  5. flo2310

juliak

We weren't going to have one and I got all jealous about everyone elses but when I saw the kilner jars so cheap in Asda I had to do it! Spence doesn't know about it as I want to surprise him with it!

juliak, Jul 18, 2010
  6. flo2310

VikingWife

I have gone for large Martini glasses and fishbowls... I love sweets...can't wait to see it all set up:D

VikingWife, Jul 22, 2010
  7. flo2310

juliak

I love the martini glasses and fishbowls!!! If i'd have had more time to plan (and get fab ideas from here) I would have probably gone for that! But we're on such a budget that at least I can use the kilner jars afterwards I suppose. x

juliak, Jul 22, 2010
  8. flo2310

VikingWife

We are hiring them...lets hope they dont get broken :)

VikingWife, Jul 22, 2010
  9. flo2310

juliak

Oh gosh, how much is the breakage charge?

juliak, Jul 22, 2010
  10. flo2310

VikingWife

Not a clue, my parents are paying for the event planners...not much I shouldnt think though.

VikingWife, Jul 22, 2010
  11. flo2310

Frogbitch

I've just ordered a second lot of Lovehearts labels, as my boss gave me another load of sweets left over from the sale.
    So now as well as "Another one bites the dust", we also have "Hello Sweetie!" for all the Doctor Who fans.
    I've got to go to Ikea today to get a few more jars.
    I also need to decide what to do with the cola cubes, as they've all fused together in the heat!

Frogbitch, Aug 9, 2010
  12. flo2310

Helen

Try putting them in the freezer and when they are cold drop the bag on the floor :)

Helen, Aug 9, 2010
  13. flo2310

Frogbitch

They were already in the jar!!!

I managed to get them out, but I won't be able to use them.
    It's not like I'm short of other options!!!!

Frogbitch, Aug 15, 2010
  14. flo2310

poppleminster

I love cola cubes! AM hungry now. I have fizzers from cash n carry somewhere so am off to hunt them down and devour some :)

poppleminster, Aug 15, 2010
  15. flo2310

Frogbitch

I've just photographed it all again for the venue, and packed everything up. It's going to take 2 of us to carry it !!!

Frogbitch, Aug 16, 2010
  16. flo2310

MrsLetts2Be

Hi Flo,
    I dont know if you alreayd have these, but we have the exact same jars as you we got them from ikea and they were 89p each bargain, they look really nice and they hold quite a lot of sweets in them xx

MrsLetts2Be, Sep 15, 2010
  17. flo2310

flo2310

Thanks MrsLetts2be my mum went to Ikea a few weeks ago and picked up a load of them for us! Have been designing lables for the jars and deciding on which sweets to use!
    Can't wait to start filling them.. although I know a lot of sweets will be eaten whilest doing that! MUST FIT INTO DRESS!!! Maybe I shouldn't be there when they are being filled, and then hide them somewhere when they are finished! xx

flo2310, Sep 15, 2010
  18. flo2310

MrsLetts2Be

yay glad you got them sorted, we have started to by ours but we are colour theming them to our wedding which is burgandy and white so they are the coloured sweets were looking for,
    Good thing Xmas is coming up and colours are red and white :)
    maybe i should buy a tin of roses and eat all the other colours except red :D xx

MrsLetts2Be, Sep 15, 2010
  19. flo2310

flo2310

Sounds like a plan to me!! Infact, I'm pretty sure I saw an advert for roses recently saying they were on offer... I have a feeling it was either asda or co-op, tag line was something like "not just for christmas"!!

This is an example of our lables for the jars, downloaded the WillyWonka font for the wording!

sweet jar lable.jpg

Am now on sweetie sites... another distraction from work! xx

flo2310, Sep 15, 2010
  20. flo2310

ilovepink1984

Just wondering whether anyone who has already had a sweetie table at their wedding could help me out. I'm starting to stress slightly now I only have 29 days left that I haven't got enough things and how on earth I'm meant to know how many sweets etc I will need! HELP PLEASE!!

I have 81 guests in total and we are opening the 'tuck shop' in the evening. 8 of these are children although 2 of them are too little to be excited by sweets! So how many sweets, jars and scoops do I need?

I have 100 packets of mini lovehearts
    Rhubarb and Custards
    Pink and white marshmallows
    Pineapple cubes
    White jazzies
    Pink chocolate pigs
    liqourice and aniseed Fox's glaciers - our fav!
    Flying saucers
    Fizzy cola bottles
    Big bag of Swizzel matthews stuff - mixture of fizzers, palma violets, lollies, love hearts etc
    Fried eggs

Have a mixture of bowls and vases. 2 big bowls for the marshmallows and flying saucers. The Pineapple cubes and rhubarb and custard are staying in their plastic jars with some pink ribbon tied around to make it like an authentic school 'tuck shop'. Have some kilner jars and screw top jars for the rest. Also have pink and white striped paper bags. Might be getting some strawberry bonsbons as I love them!

Does this sound about right? Feel a bit better now that I've typed it all out! Just don't want it to run out and people not get any!
    How many scoops and tongs do you think I'll need? Was going for 3 scoops and one set of tongs?
    Also was going to get some stickers printed with a picture of the 4 of us and our wedding date to seal the bags? Wasn't going to but the few people who know about the sweet table have suggested that they would probably take some sweets away as a 'favour' rather than eating them on the night and need to seal the bag for their handbag! Are stickers better than sone ribbon?

Sorry for the rambling - hope you can help!

ilovepink1984, Sep 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question