Sweetie Table

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by flo2310, Jun 24, 2010.

1. flo2310

flo2310

Hi Brides!

Hope all is well in wedding world for each of you :)

I am after a bit of help... H2B and I LOVE sweets... Always have and always will! We are having our table names as retro sweets, such as flying saucers and werther's originals etc... and we want to have a sweetie table with jars filled with sweets, pick'n'mix bags and scoops etc. Now this is where you come in...

Does any one have any idea of where to get some jars for a reasonable price? I just missed out on a big selection of jars on another forum (damn!) and have looked on ebay - but not very well.. Has any one seen any that look suitable? Ideally I'd like ones like in the picture below...

jars.jpg

Really hope you can help!

flo2310, Jun 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. flo2310

Frogbitch

Sorry, I've looked for a whlle and haven't found anything.
    I did start looking in charity shops for cut glass, but I'm probably going to go with a selection of glass vases that I already have, mixed in with my jelly belly dispenser, a couple of martini glasses, and anything else I can scrounge from friends and family.
    Do you want to do the buffet yourself, or would you consider hiring a company to do it?

Frogbitch, Jun 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. flo2310

flo2310

Ahh man! It's rubbish - there are loads on ebay but they are really overpriced :) But glad to see I'm not the only one struggling and that I'm not just being blind!!

Maybe vases are the answer then... I want to do it myself - that way I can make a really random selection of sweets! :blink:

xx

flo2310, Jun 24, 2010
  4. flo2310

Frogbitch

Frogbitch, Jun 24, 2010
  5. flo2310

poppleminster

poundland have those jars! I have some from there a few weeks ago that were the smaller kiln ones but they had the ones like your photo too.

poppleminster, Jun 24, 2010
  6. flo2310

poppleminster

As for supplies... find someone self employed (or be sneaky and call yourself saying you are self-emplyed - they only ask for a letterhead so print one off your computer...) then go to cash n carry as they sell the jar and the sweets :)

7. flo2310

Frogbitch

8. flo2310

poppleminster

how much can I dribble before it fecks up they keyboard? You wicked woman!

9. flo2310

Frogbitch

As soon as Russ gets up tomorrow I'm going to get him to apply for a Makro card. Do you think they'll accept Nectar points?:)

Frogbitch, Jun 24, 2010
  10. flo2310

juliak

He he frogbitch!
    Popps your keyboard is already fecked!!!!

juliak, Jun 24, 2010
  11. flo2310

poppleminster

So true about my keyboard.

Frogbitch - try Bookers too :)

12. flo2310

May2010bride

Ikea have those too!! Yay Ikea!!

Yay sweety table!

May2010bride, Jun 25, 2010
  13. flo2310

juliak

Ooooooh, Ikea, don't May2010......you'll get me all excited!!!
    I adore Ikea, going to get our new kitchen from there when we have any money for it!

juliak, Jun 25, 2010
  14. flo2310

ilovepink1984

Morning Flo - you get married the day after me and we are both having sweetie tables. Mine is being labelled as a Tuck shop as we are having a 'teachers' theme to the reception. Having a blackboard with closed and open on it! We have also been looking for retro sweets and jars to match the tuck shop idea - quite a struggle.

I have also heard that Ikea do jars like that, as do Asda and I've seen some in the 99p shop!! My mums going to look for me in Ikea this weekend so I'll let you know if theres anything suitable! We are going for a mix of the old school tubs with some ribbon tied round and some glass jars hopefully! MIL2b has a Makro card so we are going there in August when we go and visit - all the 4hrs away on Middlesbrough! - and shes kindly paying. The sweets come in the plastic, old fashioned tubs too! Yay!! Getting some pink and white striped paper bags of ebay too and stickers with our phtot and wedding date on to seal them - although I bet most people will just eat theirs!

Julia - I LOVE Ikea. Havent got one close tho. I think our house is entirely made up of Ikea furniture and I adore their kitchens - lucky you!! xxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 25, 2010
  15. flo2310

MrsBoucher2B2012

we have some similar one from Tesco.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 25, 2010
  16. flo2310

Frogbitch

Just ordered 3 5oz scoops, and some black and white striped bags on e-bay.
    Along with the black wooden letters I ordered yesterday, my table is really coming along!
    I'm going to make some space later to lay out all the glass vases I have to see what else I need.

Frogbitch, Jun 25, 2010
  17. flo2310

flo2310

Thanks for the help ladies.. Have been trying to search for things but a bit distracted at the moment, hope to really get into it a bit more next week.

Will check with Andrew he has a Costco card - I wonder if it's the same type of thing...?

I saw them on Ikea - we don't have one very near to us, and I don't think they deliver such small things! ARGH! Although probably good we don't have an Ikea too close, or I would have brought the whole wearhouse by now!

Ahh good idea with the blackboard! May stop kids (and adults!) from stuffing their faces before their food! I think I'll just have to shop around a bit and see what I can find... Maybe a trip to Ikea will have to happen afterall.

I say some good ones on ebay - may have to have a look again nearer the time and grab some bargains!

Thanks again lovelies ;) xx

flo2310, Jun 25, 2010
  18. flo2310

juliak

Sainsburys have some nice glass kilner jars at the mo, they were £2.50 which is quite pricey if you need lots but if you only need a few they were really nice.
    Pink our house is the same!!! Ours isn't near but we have to take Jake to Frenchay hospital in Bristol every 6 months and it's right on the way home so we HAVE to visit it!
    :)

juliak, Jun 25, 2010
  19. flo2310

WelshBride

We're having a sweetie table too :)

I think I've seen those jars in Ikea, they also have them in tesco for around £1.

I've had loads of different size and shape vases and bowls from poundstrechers, wilkos, morrisions and tesco.

I've had some sweets cheap from this shop on good old ebay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/itsasweetworld

Also had these bags to put sweets in http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250530463189&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I've also bought scoops from confetti and ebay, got to get tongs as well now.

WelshBride, Jun 27, 2010
  20. flo2310

juliak

Brilliant Welshbride! I've used the 'its a sweet world' shop on ebay to buy popping candy for the favour surprises, and they were really good and delivered quickly.

juliak, Jun 27, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question