Suprise Hen Do

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by MrsLetts2Be, Sep 17, 2010.

1. MrsLetts2Be

MrsLetts2Be

Im slightly worried, im not allowed to know what my BM and friends have arranged for my hen night, im not a massivly drinky person and i dont do clubbing or anything so dont really fancy that.
    I kind of just wish i knew what was happening, they've said its ok we wont do anything you dont want but im still nervous, anyone else in this situatuion?
    xx

MrsLetts2Be, Sep 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsLetts2Be

charrington

Hi,

I would be nervous as well, but i'm sure they will do a fantastic job and arrange something that would be perfect for you. I have no idea what i'm doing yet for mine, but im the same, whilst a few glasses of champagne is a must, all night partying and downing drinks is not what I class as fun. There are plenty of things to do and packages available on the internet which maybe you could have a look at and then drop a few hints at your BM?

But they know its your night, and wouldnt want to do anything that might upset you.

xx

charrington, Sep 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsLetts2Be

ilovepink1984

I'm sure they will plan something for you that you will love. If they know you well enough then you should have a fantastic time. Drop a few hints about what you would really like to do and I'm sure everything will be fine. Let us know!

I want mine to be a surprise. My sister is organizing it - my chief BM - and I trust her to a tee. She's asked about loads of things to get my reaction and then its up to her. I just have to turn up. I don't go out very much due to having 2 small chiuldren, and although I really don't want to do anything wild either, I'm looking forward to being a litle carefree for one day/night. I know I'm having it after my hair trial as its the only day my other BM can make as she lives 4hrs away - so at least we'll look glam!!

xxx

ilovepink1984, Sep 17, 2010
  4. MrsLetts2Be

Becky

I think it's always natural to feel nervous about your hen do!

I am particularly nervous since a particular episode of Don't Tell the Bride where they had a stripper dressed as a fireman who shoved the hen's face into his... er... fireman's hose!!:lol: My maid of honour said she would be taking inspiration from that - eek!! :wub:

I'm sure it will be a brilliant night for you - if there is anything that you really don't want to do then it might be worth letting them know though :unsure:

Becky, Sep 17, 2010
  5. MrsLetts2Be

Scarlett~lady

I'm having a suprise hen do ! All I know is that people keep texting me telling me they can't come !!!! so tommorow me and my BM's are meetin to discuss a few plans and sort another date hopefully because as far as i know no ones coming !!!! So I get the being nervous bit ! But saying that, I trust my BM's implicitly they know I don't want an alcohol infused night out, just one in :wub: and under nooooo circumstances must anybody get me a stripper despite that my mum keeps telling them i need one !!!! No one's going to stick their "hose" in my face !!! lol

All I would say is underline to them what you definetly DO NOT want, its your hen do at the end of the day why would they want to make it a bad one ??? Good luck keep us posted on what you end up doing xx

Scarlett~lady, Sep 17, 2010
  6. MrsLetts2Be

MrsMay2011

I know what you mean about the typical night out hen do. My BM got married last year and had the 'traditional' do - minibus up to Leeds, all dressed as 'moulin Rouge' going from bar to bar and aiming to get as much attention from as many idiots as poss! Apart from getting ready in the hotel room, I hated every minute, but she LOVED it, and I'd never tell her that I didn't. Problem is, I've joined in enthusing about how great her hen night was, now I'm sure she'll want to arrange something similar for me. She's already mentioned Newcastle, where I went to uni :wub:

I'm with the others, you have to be clear about what you DON'T want - that way they can still suprise you, but at least you'll know it won't be your worst nightmare hen do.

I'm already laying the groundwork - I went out for her bday meal but cried off the clubbing bit afterwards, and when my birthday comes around I'm going to make a big deal about how I'm so over clubbing and want a nice civilised meal instead.

MrsMay2011, Sep 18, 2010
  7. MrsLetts2Be

MrsLetts2Be

Thanks girls, i sat down with my BM's at weekend and had long chat about it!
    They still wont tell me whats happening but they toild me not to worry they wont do anything i will hate xx

MrsLetts2Be, Sep 20, 2010
  8. MrsLetts2Be

Becky

That's good to hear, I hope it puts yours mind at rest a bit :)

Becky, Sep 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question