Stupid Things We Are Stressing About Today......(Or Even Tomorrow!)

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by MrsBrown, Aug 2, 2010.

1. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Ok I am offically finding everything I can to worry about, but I thought came into my head today and though I know that there would be plans to help with this,..... i wondered if anyone knew the answer???

What happens if the registrar phones in sick ha ha???? we all get sick, they must too!!

P.s if anyone knows any night mare stories please dont tell other wise you might here my stress down in cornwall ha ha

MrsBrown, Aug 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

I've always assumed they just send another one :lol:

MrsC2Be, Aug 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

oh... that is no doubt true!! Very sensible Mrsc2b ha ha!

Maybe I will change the title of this thread to stupid things that we are stressing about today!! A stress shared and all that!!

MrsBrown, Aug 2, 2010
  4. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

Lol its good to vent the stress otherwise you end up being the bride rocking in the corner of the room mumbling things like 'favours, menus, napkins...' Over and over :lol:

MrsC2Be, Aug 2, 2010
  5. MrsBrown

juliak

Yep, i'm pretty sure that they have back ups don't worry!

I totally understand where you are coming from hon but honestly it really won't matter on the day, I promise!!!

juliak, Aug 2, 2010
  6. MrsBrown

WelshBride

They better bloody had have someone else on standby after paying all that money for them!!!!

My stupid stress for today is the favour bags we are making look stupid and the bow is not right on them lol!

WelshBride, Aug 3, 2010
  7. MrsBrown

VikingWife

I am stressing about:

The cakes , we are having two...one for each venue....one of them or both going wrong
    The flowers
    The Food
    Everything I can possibly worry about ...I am :lol:

The last of my deliveries arrived today though...phew!

I wish I had more time to buy stuff....not that I actually need anything though. :lol:

VikingWife, Aug 3, 2010
  8. MrsBrown

Becky

I think we could do with a BigDay spa retreat!! :)

Becky, Aug 3, 2010
  9. MrsBrown

Mrsg2b2011

Becky I like your thinking!!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 3, 2010
  10. MrsBrown

ilovepink1984

Yes def Becky - count me in!

I'm always stressing about everything - silly really as everything always turns out fine in the end!

ilovepink1984, Aug 3, 2010
  11. MrsBrown

Frogbitch

I'm stressing about the best man today.
    He phoned quite late last night when Russ had gone to the shop, and asked if Russ could call him back as he was sorting out his diary.
    Bearing in mind that we're getting married on a Friday, he wanted to know if Russ would want go out for a drink on the Weds, because he wasn't sure if he could fit him in.
    Did it not occur to him that we might want to spend our last night together before the wedding ALONE!
    He also offered to pick the attendants suits up on the Friday, which would have been nice if they weren't due for collection on the Thursday. He doesn't even have a car. What was he going to do? Cart them back on the bus?!
    I really do not have any time for this guy.
    The thing I'm stressing most about? Having to sit near him whilst he eats!!!

Frogbitch, Aug 4, 2010
  12. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

He sounds a lot like Neil's brother, bloody useless! Neil's 30th is in November, so surely if I mentioned months ago we'd be doin something either the weekend before or after, you'd keep them free right?! Apparently not. Luckily he's not the best man, but he is supposed to be an usher. Great stuff.

He's not sure if he can fit him in before his wedding?! Keep some time free, it's important you fool! Men are actually stupid lol Don't let him spoil it for you, he's gonna be there, so don't worry about him. It'll all work out in the end :)

MrsC2Be, Aug 4, 2010
  13. MrsBrown

juliak

FB on the day you won't give a flying crap about him sitting near you, it'll be one of the last things on your mind, honest, you'll be bathing in the excitement of becoming a MRS!!!

No, it wouldn't have occured to him that you would like to be alone, he's a man! Most of them can be absolute divs especially when it comes to arranging anything too.

What is happening about the attendants suits?

xx

juliak, Aug 4, 2010
  14. MrsBrown

MrsApplen2be

JuliaK how was your day???

Mine was beyond perfect......even the things that werent perfect were perfect.

Got married sat girls......dont stress on the day nobody cares, nobody notices. Youre not on 4 wedding no one is judging you its all family and friends. xxx

MrsApplen2be, Aug 4, 2010
  15. MrsBrown

iPrincess26

Today's stress is I have had to replace my maid of Honour! so I am now 1 bridesmaid down - just trying to tell myself i'll save on the flowers but really hurt that she didn't bother to tell me just never heard from her even when me and OH had our little hiccup! and so I sent her a message asking if she still wanted to do it and she said that she didn't have time to be MOH and would understand if I wanted her as bridesmaid or guest instead, discussed with OH and we decided on guest - but I don't think they will even bother turning up now - Just hope they reply not coming if they aren't so that we can fill their seats. Really pissed me off so haven't mentioned the £25 she paid for her dress and hoping that she doesn't either!

iPrincess26, Aug 4, 2010
  16. MrsBrown

juliak

Exactly the same as yours from the looks of it - perfect despite the non perfect bits if that makes sense! And thank you for re-iterating waht i've been saying about no-one noticing things etc and not getting too stressed!!

Congratulations hon, so pleased you enjoyed it, can't wait to see the pics and hear all about it!

Love Ju xxx

juliak, Aug 4, 2010
  17. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

Not surprised you're pissed off, that's pretty poor from a friend. I wonder what goes through some people's heads sometimes. At least you've found out now instead of her just not turn up on the day! X

MrsC2Be, Aug 4, 2010
  18. MrsBrown

juliak

Ridiculous woman, what is it with people?????? I can't believe that she said she didn't have time to be MOH but would 'understand' if you wanted her to be a BM or guest, how very bloody generous of her!!!!

What size is she, i'll fill in for her, lol!!!!

Don't blame you for being pissed off and I suggest that before you pay for their meals/seats check that they are coming so you don't waste your money!!!

Oooh, i'm really angry for you there sweetie, rant now over!

juliak, Aug 4, 2010
  19. MrsBrown

iPrincess26

Bless thanks guy's luckily we aren't paying per head as we are having a BBQ so have told the caterers our budget and they will fit to that - told her they can still come as guests - but I think they will make their excuses and not come - just hoping that if they don't make it we get plenty of warning so that we can promote a couple of evening guests to all day! She had been my best friend since we were about 3 and although we don't see/speak often when we do meet up we would just pick up where we left off - but after all the stuff that happened a while ago I thought she would have been straight on the phone but I herard nothing and that set the alarm bells ringing - also tried to sort something for a hen do a while ago (I am that organised I was going to book 16month in advance!) but she wouldn't commit and said she didn't know if she could make that and book it without her! Was booking a weekend (that was closer to her than the rest of us) and would have cost £80ish but with 12month to pay it so people could spread out payments and save some money for food etc - but that didn't happen as I wouldn't book a hen do without my MOH.

Have now asked one of my other bridesmaids - she is always there for me and would do anything she could to help me out, she was over the moon that I asked her and I wish I had just asked her straight away!

Never mind its done now and I have a MOH I know i can rely on and there is one less bouquet to pay for!

On a happy note I spoke to my florist today (I buckled and we are having real flowers for the bouquets and OH's button hole) the girls are having red gerbera about 7 each and poss a little bit of bear grass and I am having white gerbera, red roses, green chrysanthemums and some green berries ( I think) will post some pics when I get some! OH is having a white gerbera buttonhole to match me and separate him from the other guys in the wedding party!

iPrincess26, Aug 4, 2010
  20. MrsBrown

Mrsg2b2011

Ooh your flowers soung amazing!!!

Sorry to hear about all this rubbish with your friend! Poor you!!! You are going to be so much better off without having to worry about her!! You will have an amazing day & you now have a fab MOH so it all worked out for the best. Hope she forgets about the £25 & lets you know if she isn't coming!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question