Stag & Hen Do's ?

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by Alicia_Leoni, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Alicia_Leoni

Alicia_Leoni

What did everyone do for theirs? From the start of the night to the finish? I don't have a clue, I want to have fun but I don't want it to be tacky, Plus I'm not inviting very many friends... My wedding is more of a family thing.. Ideas? Thank you xxx

Alicia_Leoni, Jul 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Alicia_Leoni

Becky

Mine was on the day of the Royal Wedding! We had bacon sarnies and sparkling wine while we watched it, and then we had a cocktail making class in Manchester (I used to live in the city centre). It was really good fun! There was a cocktail on arrival, and we each made 3 cocktails for ourselves, and then I was forced to do a shot of Jaegermeister (which I detest). After that we went back to my flat where we played some drinking games, and I ended up very ill from doing shots which was not good! Went for a meal in the evening and then out to a club after that.

The only instructions I gave to my maid of honour were that I didn't want it to cost to much for everyone, and no paintballing! With hindsight I should have also said no forcing me to do shots!! ;)

Becky, Jul 24, 2013
    Alicia_Leoni likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Alicia_Leoni

MrsGroves2B

Mine was a Boogie Nights (70's and 80's) at our local Village Hotel (part of the DeVere Group). I really had no idea what I wanted to do, kind of wasn't too bothered about having a big thing (a couple of drinks at my local would have done, but I did like the idea of a spa day but knew not many people would be able to afford it so didn't look into that idea much). I can't remember the exact ticket price but think it was £18.50 per person to include a two-course buffet and the event, and we had our own private room that could be decorated how we liked (thrown is as I complained after being told there was likely to be spaces and then told the next day there was no spaces, and was restricted on that particular date as I was off work that weekend).

There's not much to explain from start to finish on the day. Me and my Mom went down early to get the private room set up (the staff did this for us in the end, so I went to welcome people and showed them to where everyone was so they could get drinks at the bar. When we were allowed in people found their seat and goody bag I made up for them, had a mingle and then went up for the buffet, eat the food, I did a little speech, then it was off to the dance floor to boogie the night away! I managed to get everyone together for a group photograph by the professional photographer that was there, then had one with me and my three school friends taken, purchased them (£5 per copy, so had one of each myself, others had a copy of one or the other), then back to boogie the night away! Then I drove me, my Mom and two of her friends home, and stayed at my parents' house for the night as it was a late night.

The goody bags I was on about were cheap little gift bags I brought, made sure there was one each, and inside each one I put a glow stick, willy straw, balloons, party poppers, plastic shot glass, a Time Out chocolate bar, a sweet of some sort (a mixture of lollipops, Parma Violets, etc), name badge (sticky ones that I wrote their names on, and included two extra for two women who were pregnant saying "Baby Bopper Groves" (my sister-in-law) and "Baby Bopper Hughes" (my best friend, who has her baby next Friday, and she wants me there!)). I included a little note thanking people for coming and asking them to make sure they have a good time, make sure I have a good time and don't give me alcohol (put it nicer than that, but I don't drink and I was driving too). I also made each person a survival kit, where I got a load of small pink drawstring organza bags and put in a stick of chewing gum, a plaster, a condom and a paracetamol tablet, with a little note saying it was a survival kit and put a reason why I put one of each thing in the kit (a plaster for the blisters on your feet whilst wearing your dancing shoes, a paracetamol for the morning after the night before, a stick of chewing gum for minty fresh breath when you meet a man you want to snog, and a condom because I wanted them to have a good night, but stay safe!)

xx

MrsGroves2B, Jul 24, 2013
  4. Alicia_Leoni

Helen

I had a few friends round to my house for a cowgirls party. I did food, the girls brought their own drink and we made crazy cocktails and just had fun. I didn't want anything that cost a lot of money, all my friends were having to travel to get to me so didn't want to make it more expense as money is tight for several of us. I think there were 7 of us in total. I didn't invite any family.

Helen, Jul 25, 2013
  5. Alicia_Leoni

iPrincess26

I went to Cake and Bake show in Manchester with my bridesmaid (I love baking and we attended a few of the classes) and then that night her husband came and joined us and my hubby to be (at the time just hubby these days) and we had pizza and drinks then on the Sunday my bridesmaid had organised afternoon tea with tme and her and my mum and sister and mother in law, we all got dressed up ( it was a bit fancy) and enjoyed sandwiches, tea cakes and home made cakes with tea/coffee! It was everything that I wanted and more than I could've expected! My only rules where nothing like a stereotypical hen do as that's just not me, in fact I organised the cake and bake stuff! - not that I'm a control freak or anything!

iPrincess26, Jul 25, 2013
  6. Alicia_Leoni

Mrsmrs

High-class hens planned mine. Best weekend ever. Amazing price and VIP treatment. They're on twitter and Facebook

Mrsmrs, Jul 27, 2013
  7. Alicia_Leoni

Emma Hope

I had the most fantastic hen party with Katherine Elizabeth Millinery. I turned up to Kettener's in Soho where the Tete a Tete was decorated in a vintage tea theme. We then created hats all afternoon and I even made one for my wedding day. Thanks for the surprise guys!!

Emma Hope, Aug 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question