Spence Unsure About His Outfit..

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by juliak, Jun 13, 2010.

1. juliak

juliak

Hi ladies.
    I really hope you can help with this one. Spence tried on his suit etc properly for the first time today and he's really not sure about it, in fact he kept saying alakazam as he feels like he looks like a magician! I think it looks good but I'm biased and obviously I want him to feel comfortable etc on the day. Our boys are wearing black suits, cummerbunds, bow ties and white shirts. I've posted a pic of Spence in his suit (cummerbund etc in pale gold to tie in with my dress) and am askng for HONEST opinions from you even if they're of the negative nature, we won't take offence I promise. In fact it was Spences idea to post it on here for your opinions, bless him!
    So here goes -

Spence

Just noticed he's not wearing shoes, lol!
    xxx

juliak, Jun 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. juliak

iPrincess26

I think he looks fab even without the shoes! How about if he had a gold tie and no cummerbund if he feels uncomfortable in that then he stills fits the colour scheme but might feel less like a magician? other than that can't think of anything different yet. xx

iPrincess26, Jun 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. juliak

juliak

Thanks iPrincess, he doesn't hate it but just thinks he looks silly. I think it's easier for me as I know what my dress is like and I know he'll fit really well with that, I think he also cannot imagine that when everyone is dressed up he'll not be so obvious if that makes sense [​IMG] !

juliak, Jun 13, 2010
  4. juliak

iPrincess26

That makes perfect sense and I think he looks great in his outfit, just trying to think of possible alternitives for him, but think on the day your right he'll fit with everyone else and not feel like he's standing out so much.

iPrincess26, Jun 13, 2010
  5. juliak

Mrs T2B (Kel)

hmm .... I can see what he means... but I also understand your point of view Julia in that you can see the bigger picture.. he just sees himself and thinks he looks silly [​IMG]

What about if Spence didn't wear the cummerbund, but instead had a gold waistcoat and the gold bow tie? perhaps that would be less abracadabra for him? [​IMG]

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 13, 2010
  6. juliak

juliak

Thanks Kel, I asked him about the waistcoat and he thinks he'd look more Paul Daniels, lol! x

juliak, Jun 13, 2010
  7. juliak

Mrs T2B (Kel)

lol ;) aww bless him... maybe it's the bowtie that needs to go then ... cravat and waistcoat instead? :D

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 13, 2010
  8. juliak

May2010bride

Like the other posters, I think maybe a tie & no cummerbund would look less Magician.
    Has he got cufflinks or is it a button cuff shirt?

Showed Hubby the pic, he thinks the cummerbund needs to go....says cummberbunds feel/look a bit silly unless you're going full pengiun suit.

ALSO; in 10/20 years time, do you think Spence will look at the photos & cringe? If he's going to regret anypart of it, it's best to let it go now... xx

May2010bride, Jun 13, 2010
  9. juliak

juliak

Ok, don't laugh, he has got cufflinks but they don't match anything (which I don't mind as they were what he wanted) they are, wait for it....

Captain America cufflinks!

juliak, Jun 13, 2010
  10. juliak

Frogbitch

Those cufflinks would suit my theme really well!

I'm not keen on the cummerbund, because I think it draws attention to Spence's middle, and not his face.
    I think a gold tie and no cummerbund might be an idea, but then, I don't like bow ties unless they're on Doctor Who!

P.S. He's cute!

Frogbitch, Jun 13, 2010
  11. juliak

Mrswalton2be

I think the waist coats and ties look nicer!

He does look nice though and great colours :D

Mrswalton2be, Jun 13, 2010
  12. juliak

MrsBoucher2B2012

Brill colours but i agree. i think a waistcoat and tie would look nice.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 13, 2010
  13. juliak

poppleminster

I like it as he is. Sorry that probably doesn't help! I wonder if he's just not used to it and therefore feels uncomfy anyway. I think a waistcoat would also look cool but I do like it as it is currently, it's weddingy.

Oh and I agree with Frogbitch, he' cute. LOL. How to embarrass the groom - yaaaay. Are we mean?

poppleminster, Jun 13, 2010
  14. juliak

juliak

Embarrassed? You ought to see the size of his head now you two!!!!! :D

juliak, Jun 13, 2010
  15. juliak

Becky

What a handsome chap! ;)

I think the suit looks nice, but if he wants to get away from the magician look how about a white shirt instead? Or maybe a shirt with a wing collar? It would look a bit more James Bond than Paul Daniels :D

Becky, Jun 13, 2010
  16. juliak

poppleminster

I think we should have a photo section for our grooms so we can name and shame them LOL

This is the man stupid enough to marry the Poppleminster... Well, sort of. It might be Keanu Reeves but he would have married me if he'd known I existed. Honestly he would. He just never had the chance to meet me. SIgh. Swoon.

Attached Files:

17. juliak

juliak

Yeah, i'd love to see some groom pics on here! x

juliak, Jun 13, 2010
  18. juliak

Mrsg2b2011

Popple your man really does look like Keanu!!! Is that really your h2b or am I just making everyone laugh by being a div & looking at a pic of Mr Reeves hisself??? If thats your man you are one lucky girly ;)xxx

Julia I think your fella in my opnion would look good in a tie rather than a bowtie but thats just what I think. Would definatly be less 'magiciany'. He is a very handsome man too!!!. Think all the ladies on here are very lucky. Will have to find a pic of my man when he is actually smiling nicley. Its a Chandler in Friends situation with Mark & the camera lol :lol:xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 13, 2010
  19. juliak

juliak

Mrsg2b, I thought it was Popples h2b until I looked a bit closer and realised it was Keanu (ha how bloody silly will I feel if she says it is h2b). Spence normally does a wallace & gromit in photos and that is the first really nice pic i've had of him in ages! I think he looks gorgeous! Then, i'm biased!

juliak, Jun 13, 2010
  20. juliak

poppleminster

LMAO Of course it's my h2b (cough loudly). Actually.... I have an equally gorgeous h2b and have started a Grooms thread on the chat section. We all have awesome grooms by the sound of it o we should show them off :D

1. Advertisements

Ask a Question