Speeches

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by MrsApplen2be, Jul 19, 2010.

1. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

Ok....may seem a silly question but seeing as ive never been to a wedding I have no idea. What is the order of speeches? As in father of bride, groom, best men? Help I have less than 2 weeks and am spinning a bit now lol xx

MrsApplen2be, Jul 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsApplen2be

ilovepink1984

Really, it doesn't really matter what order the speeches go in. You might want to get the most nervous out of the way first! Traditionally though, its normally father of the bride who welcomes your h2b into the family and talks about his daughter, then the groom who thanks everyone for coming etc and then the best man/men who tells wild stories about the groom!! xxx

ilovepink1984, Jul 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsApplen2be

Mrsg2b2011

Yep agree with Pink, as she says it is your day so entirley your way. Traditionally it is in the order as Pink says but its also traditional to do speeches after the food or between the main course & pudding but I am doing them before the food. Everyone will be so nervous & won't enjpy their food so getting them out of the way. :) xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 19, 2010
  4. MrsApplen2be

MrsApplen2be

Thanks for the replies. I know it doesnt matter but I quite like some of the traditional aspects. I was going to do speeches first for same reasons but timings of the day all up in the air so going to do food first now. If their nervous their nervous lol x

MrsApplen2be, Jul 20, 2010
  5. MrsApplen2be

Frogbitch

We're doing our speeches inbetween courses.
    My MOH is going first after the starter, then me and Russ after the main course, and the best man after dessert.
    My MOH asked me last night if I'd thought about what I'm going to say, and I honestly haven't!

Frogbitch, Jul 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question