Sooooooo....help Please?!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Amymel86, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Amymel86

Amymel86

:DNext big thing to make decisions on is the colour theme. I need to sort out bridesmaids, flowers and cake, so I thought I would ask all you lovely ladies to show me your ideas and what you have all decided on??? LOTS of piccies please!!!

Amymel86, Jan 29, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Amymel86

MrsC2Be

Well I'm having an Alice in Wonderland theme :D so our colours are gonna fit in with that. BM's are gonna be in blue, possibly with a white sash and then for flowers I really want to do something crazy and maybe go for something bright like orange.... it'd definitely stand out!

MrsC2Be, Jan 29, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Amymel86

MrsBoucher2B2012

i wanted either pale pink or pale blue hb2 didnt want pink so we settled on the blue, now we have gone for a slightly ice purple and blue colour scheme

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jan 30, 2011
  4. Amymel86

Becky Administrator

My colours will be predominantly blue and purple - BM dresses are a purpley-blue, and flowers will be mostly blues, dark purples and mauves.

BM dress 3.jpg

100731Weddings 005.jpg

Hope this helps! What colours have you got in mind? Have you got a shortlist?

Becky, Jan 30, 2011
  5. Amymel86

Helen

Green is our colour as such.

Having said that my bridesmaid (my sister) is wearing this which is not in any way green! (it is her favourite colour though)
    bridesmaid skirts.jpg

Flowers... I have cream jugs which I will have white/green and any other flowers I fancy when I stick it all together!
    cream jugs.jpg

I also have 4 milk churns of various sizes that I'll be putting wild flowers in (luckily ohs drive is 1 miles long with lots of wild flowers to choose from growing along side)

Then I have got some balloons
    star.jpg tractor.jpg cow.jpg

I also have some green candles that are similar to these
    candles.jpg

I'm making bunting that is mainly green in colour with lilac and pink (I cut up two duvet covers, one green and pink and one lilac and pink) and I'm mixing them up on the strings, I will take some pics when I've finished, only done 5m so far but have cut out all the triangles) With the off cuts I've also made some small square table centres to stand the jugs on. This is the lilac and green set I cut up...
    bunting fabric.jpg

The cake... I have had massive trouble deciding on a cake. I love so many different designs and I wanted something fun, bright and unusual that I can use in my cake portfolio. I'm working on a design at the moment so until I've finished it is top secret!!! :D

Helen, Jan 30, 2011
  6. Amymel86

Helen

Mrs C bright orange flowers would look amazing! A lady I worked withs daughter had an orange theme and it looked fab :D

Helen, Jan 30, 2011
  7. Amymel86

Helen

PS if the tractor and cow balloons seem a bit random (and the milk churns) my oh is a dairy farmer!

These are the mens ties
    ties.jpg

And grooms and best men waistcoats
    cows-waistcoat-lg.jpg

Probably dads waistcoats with be
    ts133-black-ivory-new-sm.jpg

Helen, Jan 30, 2011
  8. Amymel86

Frogbitch

Amy, what thoughts have you had so far?

Helping you choose a scheme would be easier with a few details....

What month are you getting married in?
    Do you have any favourite flowers?
    Are you a girly girl or a tomboy?
    How would you want people to describe your wedding? Romantic, Classy, Retro?

Frogbitch, Jan 30, 2011
  9. Amymel86

Amymel86

uuuuurm........

My thoughts so far have been a kind of 'dusky' purple, but i also like sage green and a vintage pink....i really like cornflour blue as well.......the problem is that each week i keep changing my mind as to what my favourite colour choice is!;)

We are getting married this September so the purple and would work well as an autumnal colour.

I would quite like a vintage/classy/rustic vibe for the day. I am not a tomboy but at the same time I don't do 'barbie pink' type of girly girl.:huh:

Here are a couple of pics i have found that i like the look of...

(green cake) My mum is making our cake because she is an excellent baker and loves doing it. i really like the green cake with the simple white flowers. Although, i would have it roound and without the initial on it.

[​IMG]

i really like the dusky purple and the rustic look of these roses.....
    [​IMG]

but i wouldn't want JUST roses and i found this that i like. i like the little berry-things in there as that would work quite nicely with an autumn wedding.
    [​IMG]

I really like peonies and freesias and cherry blossom but these are all 'spring' flowers really - although i know a florist can get them all year round.

One of my bridesmaids has gorgeous red hair and beautiful pale skin so i want to find a colour that is going to complement her colouring.

Thanks for all the input so far ladies, your choices all look/sound lovely!
    :D

Amymel86, Jan 30, 2011
  10. Amymel86

Helen

I love those flowers and that green cake is gorgeous!

I have red hair and pale skin (hence my green not white wedding dress) purples go quite nicely and any of those colours in that bouquet would go well ;)

I know what you mean, it is hard choosing just one colour scheme or one theme, I think I could happily have chosen several other themes and worked with those too.

Helen, Jan 30, 2011
  11. Amymel86

Anon_SA

Amy, I think with those photos you've pretty much chosen your colour scheme!! All those colours look great together, I especially LOVE the bouquet pictures - dusky pink would look great in autumn and would go really well with purple!! You could have a colour scheme that didn't really adhere to any sort of scheme - if you went for a range vintage-style dusky colours/creams/maybe with one accent colour such as purple you'd be sorted!!

Anon_SA, Jan 30, 2011
  12. Amymel86

juliak

Ours was all black, gold and white....didn't really have a colour scheme planned, it all just happened really.

My link

My link

Balloons!

juliak, Feb 4, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question