Somebody Save Me

Discussion in 'Emotional Support' started by MrsBoucher2B2012, Aug 22, 2011.

1. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Right long story cut slightly shorter.

We moved in to our current house just over 2 years ago, i am a very shy person and i was pregnant at the time and did not know anybody. I didnt get to know many people in our street. There is a women that lives three doors down she has lived there since h2b parents owned the house, her nickname in the valley is new of the world, she is a gossip and doesnt not like outsiders and she really hates me.

Last year a girl roughly my age moved in next door to her and she took a huge dislike to the girl (now a very close friend of mine). Anyway Marcia (the old cow) started gossiping about us both over the last couple of months the most recent attack is saying we are too young to look after our babies we dont know what we are doing. Yeah right i am a fully qualified nursery nurse still think i dont know what i am doing.

Then today she started bitching about me to my friend and her h2b. They were stood outside their house at the time, so if i had been in our front room with the window open i would of got the whole show.
    This is what she said to them about me, i am just coping it from Facebook my friend just filled me in.

'she came to us an was telling chris abt u watching her and she shouted over saying dont worry im in my own garden.. then she was on about that u look down ur nose to everyone an that she'll quite happily tell it to ur face an she kept saying to me whats her problem i dunno i dont have a problem with her she was talking about u the other day not me she said if i got something to say ill tell u she said ur a curtain twitcher always listening to her conversations and yes she does talk about u is what she said cus other people in the street have said they dont like the way u are and she said if u look down ur nose at her again shes gonna hit u :/ i was shocked but she kept saying it she was gonna have a word with gareth about u cus shes sick of u its just like jesus i hope shes not listening to all this but then i thought ud probably be out by now i was just stood there in shock like why are u saying it to me u know im gonna tell her.... then she said what u heard before she feels sorry for abi i said why whats wrong with her an she goes theres something wrong with her she doesnt glow like she isnt happy well having a mother like that yada yada i switched off like i dont wanna hear this any more and went back in the house and she carried on bitching to chris'

so i now need some advice, she is a council tenant so i think i should report this to the council. What do you ladies think i should do/can do about her? This has really upset me i have never done anything to her.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Aug 22, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBoucher2B2012

poppleminster

Ok. Firstly calm down. Hard but necessary to react rationally :)

This woman will be doing this to everyone so much as she is a cow, everyone knows that. Do not stoop to her level and get drawn into talking about her back. When people tell you she's been bitching about you, best thing to do is to say something like "ah well, she does it all the time, don't worry, I am not bothered by anything she says so don't tell me, it'll be nothing knew".

She only has power if you let her and people all getting upset and telling each other what she says are only feeding her desire to gossip and bitch. She gets off on the reactions of thinking people actually listen to her. If she gets to realise you don't care, she'll still dislike you and gossip but wont get the kick of knowing you care. If you do anything that shows her you care, anything confrontational, she wins. It's like the child pesting for attention and pushing the boundaries. Give in and they win.

What I would do, is in no uncertain terms, not accept any verbal physical threat. If she tells you to your face that she intends to hit you then report it to the police. Do the same if she tells a friend and then ensure it actually gets recorded as a threat, get a crime reference number and contact the council with that. They will not be interested in neighbourhood disputes without evidence of the law being broken. It is the only time you should react to her.

So.. someone tells you she's been bitching - you reply you're not interested unless there is a physical threat.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but some people are just annoying and there is little you can do. If you confront her, she'll just go crying to everyone about how nasty you are to her. You wont win unless you walk away and continue life without caring about her comments. You have nothing to justify, anyone that knows you will ignore her anyway but if it turns into a big worry then there is a danger that they'll get annoyed with you talking about it too. People are annoying!

Big hugs xxxxxxxx

poppleminster, Aug 22, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

dont worry popple i no intention of sinking to her level. It is just me and my friend she has a thing against everyone else in the street loves her, she is the helpful friendly caring neighbour until you mention me or Alisha.

I will be reporting any threat to police. I was bullied in my teens i am not being bullied in my twenties. I am actually slightly worried for her wellbeing as Alisha is pregnant and VERY hormonal and the slightest thing turns her into a scary dangerous pregnant person.

H2b has said he will be spending plenty of time out in the front garden so she has plenty of chances to come and have a word with him about me, Gareth is a harmless computer geek and this has really hit a nerve with him as well.

Thank you for replying popple, you have an amazing way of making things seem easier to handle.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Aug 22, 2011
  4. MrsBoucher2B2012

poppleminster

What I really wanted to type was:

Go up to her, kick her really hard, tell her she smells of poo and run away fast.

:)

xxxxxx

poppleminster, Aug 22, 2011
  5. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBrown

Ignore the silly woman! She really isnt worth it!!

You might think that everyone loves her... but deep down I bet other people in your street go inside and say to their loveones, she is a cow and she does nothing but bitch about other people!

Rise above her, walk with your head held high. Even worse, be a nice as pie to her! I dont mean make her cakes or be her best buddy, just when she is out bitching, walk past and say good morning, nice day isnt it (even in thunderstorms ha ha!)!!!

MrsBrown, Aug 23, 2011
  6. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

haha popple love it.

Mrsbrown i have already tried the nice as pie and it seemed to shock her into silence for a week and then she started up again.

I am ignoring her simply because i have more important things to do like colour with Abi and plan the wedding. Me and h2b have figured out why she has raised the bitch level this week. I delivered our save the dates to a few of our neighbours that are very nice people, we have not given her one and in her way she thinks she has a right to come because she has known h2b since his parents moved here when he was 2 years old.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Aug 23, 2011
  7. MrsBoucher2B2012

poppleminster

Ah now it makes sense. She's one of the most annoying kind of cowbags. One that is totally judgemental of your parenting skills yet offers no help, moans about you but never says it to your face despite threats and yet expects to be at your wedding. Nice style. I am expecting you to make her MOH of course.

Amusingly enough, by not inviting her, you've had the best revenge possible :) It will annoy the crap out of her!

poppleminster, Aug 23, 2011
  8. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

i cant wait to see what her face will be like when i leave the house on the day of the wedding, i hope somebody takes a picture.

Just posted all the save the dates so it is starting to feel real now. I took Abi for a walk down to the post office and Marcia's blinds were twitching when I went past with Abi giggling her head at her very random fluffy duck that quacks when it moves, why cant us adult be so easily entertained and pleased?

MrsBoucher2B2012, Aug 23, 2011
  9. MrsBoucher2B2012

iPrincess26

Glad to see you aren't sinking to her level (hard I know at the time) I think Popple has given great advice and can't think of anything to add - as for Abi's fluffy duck, that sounds great would certainly entertain me for a while!!!

Just never forget you are a wonderful person and a fabulous mother to a gorgeous little girl who loves you (as does h2b!) all things that you deserve.

Now i'll stop being cheesy - and we have to see the pic of her face on the big day if someone gets that shot! :)

iPrincess26, Aug 23, 2011
  10. MrsBoucher2B2012

lauriex

I really do not know where people like your neighbour get off. She clearly has nothing better to do with her time and obviously feels the need to try and upset you because she is miserable in her own life.
    You have 100% done the right thing by not rising to it, Popple is right - you have had the best revenge, no save the date card which means no invite to your big day!
    That will be eating away at her in a MAHOOSIVE way!!

I hope you're ok, and remember to report any kind of threat to the police, we are all here for you on here too xx

lauriex, Aug 24, 2011
  11. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsMay2011

Can't really improve on the advice already given, some people are just poisonous auld witches and best left to stew, but it's still not very nice having to live near them!

MrsMay2011, Aug 24, 2011
  12. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

Well last night Gareth spent most of the evening sorting out the front and Marcia didnt show her face once. I know she is all mouth but it is very annoying.

I will make sure somebody takes a picture as we leave the house, i am not getting ready here, i want to go down to the hotel to set everything up and get ready and relax there, but we will be up here the night before and will have loads of stuff to take with us so i doubt Marcia would miss the chance to have a nose.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Aug 24, 2011
  13. MrsBoucher2B2012

Joanna111

Be strong and stay positive. :)

Joanna111, Oct 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question