So Was Santa Kind?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsBrown, Dec 26, 2010.

1. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Hello, hope you all had a nice Xmas day? Happy boxing day! So did anyone get anything nice? My hubby bought be a wii fit, I so need to use it after Xmas!!!!!!I on a more strange note I got a purple all in one sleep suit from my mil!!! ( she did get me some other stuff) but an all in one suit? I am a newly married woman ha ha! Thing is it wasn't exactly long length and won't come up high enough but hubby tried it on and we were all creased with laughter!
    Hope you all had a special day.

MrsBrown, Dec 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

Happy Christmas/Boxing Day Mrs B!

Crimbo was great - new camera from the fella along with a few other bits and bobs and plenty of other lovely stuff from everyone else :)

Fab crimbo dinner at the in-laws, followed by dr who, strictly and the longest game of trivial pursuit in history (I retired for bed!)

Off to see my best friend who's over from Ireland today, ace :)

Hope you have a fab day today too x

MrsC2Be, Dec 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

poppleminster

An all in one purple sleepsuit. Don't people charge others to see them dressed in such attire? LOL I've seen them in Debenhams and they actually look really snug. Perfect for lazing round the house but you need fluffy socks to go with them!!!

Mrs C - enjoy seeing your friend. Trivial Pursuit is pointless here as Ben reads the questions throughout the year and therefore wins every time. He also beats me at scrabble and connect 4 and everything else we play for his amusement and my humiliation.

I had a quiet day yesterday, Ben woke up about 2 after his nightshift and I cooked a yummy fillet steak supper which I want to go shopping to repeat today but sadly there is freezing fog here and it's currently -11 on my thermometer so I wont be going anywhere unless I borrow Mrs B's purple jumpsuit thingy to keep me warm!

Watched Dr Who and dribbled over the new trailers for the new series, cringed through strictly then went to bed early as Ben was working again. For good measure I took a packet of choc cookies with me, incase they got lonely in the night, which indeed they must have done as when I awoke this morning they'd stuffed themselves into my mouth...

Odd here without the kids but plenty of time to play my new cd's. Ben let me loose on Amazon with £50 so I got 3 Cure albums, 5 sisters of mercy discs in a box set, 2 Kate Bush, a Cult album and a Robert Miles one all for £50:)

My other presents were awesome. A small Le Creuset heart shaped casserole dish that has been on my amazon wish list forever and some really groovy cupcake cases (I am a right nerd on kitsch things so these were probably my best present ever), a heart necklace i'd wanted and chocolates. All in all the nicest goodies I think i've ever had for xmas.

Hope you're all having fun and remember to scour the sales - lots of xmas stuff can be used for room decor especially candles, votives and hurricane lamps, platters etc. It's the best time to stock up on those sort of things if you're decorating a room yourself for your wedding. Also check out wrap and tags that can be used as place names etc in lovely gold and silver colours for bargain prices. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

poppleminster, Dec 26, 2010
  4. MrsBrown

poppleminster

Just had a call to say Poppy is coming home :) I am so excited as now we can spend the afternoon baking and snuggling up watching naff tv. I'm sad her father can't be bothered to do stuff with her but very glad I get to instead. Brilliant, brilliant news. I love my Popple to bits. She's apparently coming home because she is being difficult. This equates to her being four years old and requiring attention. I have a policy never to say bad things about her dad in front of her and never to deny access which works as he doesn't really want it anyway! Finally my patience is paying off. He's keeping Ben for a few days as Ben is older and sits in his room reading or playing lego most of the time. Popple is a socialite and loves being with people.

Now I can use those posh new cupcake cases father christmas gave me :)

5. MrsBrown

Becky

Happy boxing day everybody!! :)

We've just got home from visiting Ian's family in Newcastle, and we're off to see my family in Hampshire tomorrow. Thankfully the weather has been ok, so I've got my fingers crossed for the rest of the travelling we've got planned!

Had a lovely Christmas - Ian's dad bought us tickets to see We Will Rock You in Manchester, can't wait to see it. Ian bought me a dinky camera that will fit in my handbag (we only had a big chunky one before), and we both got lots of lovely other bits and bobs from everyone else :D

Ian's dad cooked a cracking lunch, although he let himself down with the pud. We were all expecting Christmas Pud, but out came... panacotta :) which I do like, but it was disappointing none the less... made worse by the fact that Ian's dad doesn't like panacotta and so after giving it to everyone else (who clearly didn't want it) he gave himself a huuuuge chunk of home made chocolate cake!! :lol: Still, I suppose it's the chef's perogative!!

Poppleminster - that is such a shame about Poppy's dad, and you are absolutely doing the right thing by not expressing an opinion about him to your kids (even though it must be really hard and drive you crazy). When my parents divorced, I was about 7, and they always put in a lot of effort to get on when they saw each other and never said anything to us about it. It meant that for my brother and me the change was easier to take, and I'm really grateful to them for it. Hope you two had a lovely afternoon together xxx

Becky, Dec 26, 2010
  6. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

Popple - cheating at games is not cool, so by punishment Ben has to let you win every game you play from now until forever, by decree of the Hewmeister. I doubt Poppy was being difficult, she sounds like an amazing little girl. At least you get to have her back with you and do super fun girly things together, hope your afternoon was great :)

Have to agree with Becky on the not slagging off thing - my parents detest each other but have never outwardly slagged each other off to their credit. My sister and me obviously both love our Dad but can appreciate everything extra my mum has done to make up for his slight lacking in dadness over the years. Kids are smart enough to figure it out :)

Arrived home now, hot bath, big plate of pasta and choccies in front of the telly. Ace!

MrsC2Be, Dec 26, 2010
  7. MrsBrown

poppleminster

Thanks ladies, we had a great afternoon making Ben a huge roast dinner, creating playdoh monsters and fridge magnets. She's such a creative little thing - anything messy she adores. Mess = creativity or so I like to tell myself. We watched enchanted too which was cool then the end of Oliver. Now all snug with her brothers DS which she has stolen and ready for bed.

Have a fab evening all, merry boxing day xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

Creative little thing.... wonder where she gets that from :) :)

MrsC2Be, Dec 26, 2010
  9. MrsBrown

MrsBoucher2B2012

sounds like you had a great day popple. I cant wait until Abigail is old enough to help me bake.

I love santa ever so much. Lots of pretty things and lego harry potter for the xbox, i fully intend to take over h2b xbox when i can be parted from my bucket.

Abigail is such a typical girl, she was way more interested in her shoes than in any of her present.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Dec 26, 2010
  10. MrsBrown

iPrincess26

Glad to hear you have all been having a good Christmas, Dani I hope you get better soon.

We had a lovely first Christmas together all starting on Christmas eve, we went out for a drive with the camera to take advantage of the beautiful scenes of the lakes in the winter and then called into the inn on the lake for some lunch Venue . Lunch was fab and we have decided that this is our wedding venue too! We want the whole thing there using the gazebo for the ceremony, just need to wait for him to pop the question now and we can start planning properly!

Christmas morning we had at home (I had him up at 7am, I'm such a child at Christmas) and got lots of lovely goodies including some lovely new boots, a meccano set! Then we went to his folks for lunch and got lots more presents they even got me a radley purse! (still a bit overwhelmed by everything they got me - and that the starter was specifically something that I would eat! - I'm a little fussy.)

Then we spent yesterday with my folks and got even more goodies (never had this much for Christmas since I was a kid! So last night was spent at home getting incredibly drunk and today we got up at lunch time and are having fun doing nothing! Although I might have to bake later so I have something to put on my new cake stand that I got super excited by when I opened it!!!

Hope you are all enjoying the rest of the holiday and that you all have a fab new year.

Popple - Glad you got to have fun being creative with Poppy - such a shame that her Dad is like that but a bonus for you! Well done to for not slagging him off, kids are incredibly intuitive and know a lot more than you expect them too for their age so will know what the deal is.

Have fun shopping in the sales!!!

iPrincess26, Dec 27, 2010
  11. MrsBrown

Helen

Hello ladies! I hope you all had a fab Christmas :D

My h2b had to work (he is a dairy farmer and sadly cows won't wait!) but he managed to get a couple of hours off in the middle of the day. I had 10 people for breakfast then 6 for dinner so I spent most of the day cooking :D

We all had fab pressies, h2b bought me a 7 step step ladder (how romantic) lol and I bought him some saw thing for cutting metal with! We also got a few other little things and he got me the new professor layton hehe that I am now struggling to put down.

I'm being really good and not going to the sales at all... I may browse a few websites later though lol.

Helen, Dec 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question