Small venues where to start?!

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by Cayley, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Cayley

Cayley

I’m new to this site and newly engaged today!! So hi and merry Christmas to all!!

My other half and I have spoken about what sort of wedding we want, or more specifically what we don’t want, a lot in the past, but now he’s finally asked I don’t even know where to start!!

I’d be happy with a registry office and a family meal afterwards but he wants it to be a bit more special than that for the ceremony but I don’t know where to even start. I can’t imagine getting married in a hotel/Manor House type place, we’re not religious so a church is a definite no go.

We have a little girl and other kids in our immediate family so it won’t be an evening do. We want the kids there and involved and don’t want anyone to have to leave the rest of the party to put the kids to bed etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction where to start? What sort of venue should I be googling? We’re just on the edge of the new forest of anyone can suggest anywhere specific.

Cayley, Dec 25, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Cayley

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your engagement! :)

If you're looking for something small, maybe try finding a restaurant (or small hotel) that has a small function room? We went to a wedding earlier this year like that, it was really nice. What time of year are you looking to get married?

Becky, Dec 28, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question