Small Print In Contracts (Photos)

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Helen, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Helen

Helen

Hi all. We are trying to sort booking a few things and in the contract we have been sent there is the following small print.

The client hereby grants (company) and it's legal representatives and assigns, the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of the client or in which the client may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising and any other purpose and in any manner or medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. The client hereby releases (comapny) and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liablity relating to said photographs.

Now we are not overly happy in having our photos ammended and/or published anywhere without our consent, is there anything we can do about this? Can we sign the contract and write on it we don't agree with this statement and they would have to contact us if they wanted to do this? Anyone else got any similar contract wording? :)

Helen, Oct 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

Becky Administrator

I see no reason why you can't ask them about it, and maybe amend it if you can both agree to new terms. In order for a contract to be binding, both parties must consent to the terms so unfortunately you can't just amend it unless they agree.

It sounds like a typical clause, designed to get them out of trouble if someone didn't want their picture used. Definitely worth talking to them about if you're not happy with it :)

Becky, Oct 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

Helen

I sent them an email about it earlier and they have now replied saying we can cross that bit out and send it back so all sorted :)

I was having a bit of a worry as I've only just managed to make oh agree to having photos taken at all, he read that and said no way and no photos if they won't change it. :) I'm hoping we might get one decent photo although we may have to have him from the back lol :D

Helen, Oct 17, 2010
  4. Helen

Becky Administrator

Brilliant news! :)

I hope the photographer manages to get a good shot of you and your H2B before he tries to hide!

Becky, Oct 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question