Slipped Disc

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Becky, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Becky

Becky Administrator

Hiya ladies,

Just wanted to apologise for my absence recently, I've slipped a disc in my back and have been bed-bound since Saturday :( Currently on a cocktail of drugs to try and get the pain under control which are making me dizzy and sick, but last night I managed to stand up and walk a few steps which is good. Hopefully will get better as the week goes on, and I'll still be checking in on here.

If you notice any spam please click on the report button and Ian will get it sorted :)

Becky, Sep 4, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

iPrincess26

Oh no that's not good to hear, hope things are on the mend and you can come off the drugs soon, there is nothing worse that being confined to bed and the pain med's making you feel even worse!

Fingers crossed for a super quick recovery - just don't over do things too soon as you don't want to set it off again!

iPrincess26, Sep 4, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

MrsGroves2B

Oh no, sorry to hear that Becky. Hope it gets better soon and that the medication doesn't have those horrible side effects for much longer. xxxx

MrsGroves2B, Sep 4, 2012
  4. Becky

Helen

Nasty :( hope you are back on your feet and feeling better again soon x

Helen, Sep 4, 2012
  5. Becky

gildius

Oh how horrible! I hope you feel better soon :)

gildius, Sep 5, 2012
  6. Becky

MrsBrown

Oh becky. Hope you feel better soon. Getting pain under control is key, hope the drugs start working soon.

How did you do it? I hurt my back when I moved in with Simon, trying to move a chest of drawers. The drugs they gave me helped but then I had to lie on floor and not move as my head was so wozzy! Got me out of moving though hurt like hell and I didn't slip a disk so can't imagine what you are going through. I do know once pain got under control I fell about a million times better, even though it still caused me problems.

Hope Ian is looking after you x

MrsBrown, Sep 5, 2012
  7. Becky

Becky Administrator

Thanks for the kind messages everyone! :)

Doing a lot better today. I saw the physio yesterday which really helped loosen off the muscles which are in spasm, and today I'm doing an ongoing cycle of heat pack, stretches, and moving around to try and ease it off. The doc prescribed me diazepam to help relax the muscles which is making me feel extremely dazed and confused! Quite looking forward to the end of that one! Been referred for an MRI scan so that should confirm what is causing all the problems.

Ian has been an absolute star, I honestly don't know what I would have done without him!

Becky, Sep 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question