Slimming World

Discussion in 'Weight loss and Fitness' started by Amymel86, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Amymel86

Amymel86

Just thought this would be the appropriate place to let you lovely ladies know that Slimming World really does work......I have been going since January and last week I got my 3 stone award :) yay me!

Amymel86, Dec 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Amymel86

MrsBrown

I lost a lot of weight with slimming world, or fat class as I called it!! Planning on re-joining after xmas as have been a bit bad since got married!!

MrsBrown, Dec 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Amymel86

poppleminster

I am ok but end up eating just bacon, scrambled egg and baked tomatoes. It does work though, not too difficult to stick too either :)

poppleminster, Dec 9, 2010
  4. Amymel86

Amymel86

have you been going since they did away with red and green days?

Amymel86, Dec 9, 2010
  5. Amymel86

iPrincess26

My sister dragged to me to a meeting, it has worked brilliantly for her and she lost all her baby weight and is now slimmer than she was before she got pregnant - but it's just not for me! It's not helped by the fact that my medication plays havoc with my appetite so I would find it impossible to stick to it, I however have lost getting on for 4st now over a year and a half just by following the leaflet you can get from the Dr detailing portion sizes and what to eat each day and to keep me on track I get the Dr to weigh me when ever I am there and if I find myself slipping then keeping a food diary for a few weeks and looking at it every night to see what I have eaten that day puts me back on track.

Well done for your weight loss, that's fantastic - just that whole group setting isn't my cup of tea!

iPrincess26, Dec 10, 2010
    Anon_SA likes this.
  6. Amymel86

airy_fairy

I'm a slimming world bride to be :) I've lost four stone since May - which is frightening really. anyway, two to go (yes, i was MAHUSIVE!)

airy_fairy, Dec 10, 2010
  7. Amymel86

Amymel86

Well done ladies!!

SW isn't for everyone though so I'm glad you found something that works for you iPrincess26!

airy_fairy 4 stone!!! that's amazing! well done!

I'm sure that the fact that my dad is doing the diet with me is the reason that haven't given up yet! he joined as a support for me and to loose some of his beer belly!:) He has lost 3.5 stone so far and looks like a completely different man! he will look really good when we are walking down the isle together now!

Amymel86, Dec 10, 2010
  8. Amymel86

Zoe

Ah, well done on the weight loss ladies. I needed to shift some baby weight at the start of the year and went on the extra easy slimming world. I lost 1 1/2 stone in 4 months. It's started creeping back on now - something to do with cheap sweets and pringles me thinks. Will be back on it again in January as it does what it says on the tin - it is extra easy!!!

Zoe, Dec 10, 2010
  9. Amymel86

MrsBrown

How are they doing it now if no red or green days? When I did it, I just had green days becuase I didnt eat meat, but just started to try eating a little meat now, so was wondering how it might work for me as I still wont eat a lot of meat?

MrsBrown, Dec 10, 2010
  10. Amymel86

Amymel86

You can still follow the red or green plans if you want to but there is now a 3rd plan you can follow called 'extra easy'. Basically, anything that is free on red or green you can have and is still free. The only thing is that your a and b choices are limited to 1 a day instead of 2.

So you can have as many potatoes and as much meat as you want on the same day!!

Hope that made sense!!

Amymel86, Dec 10, 2010
  11. Amymel86

MrsBrown

oh yer, they were just introducing that one when I stopped going, I didnt listen much as I didnt eat meat at the time, might be able to try it now. 5th Jan I am starting back at class and finding my running shoes again!!! I will need shouting at by you lot to get my arse into gear, you have my permission to be rude to be!! I have 2 10k runs to do in april/may!! (was secretly hoping to be preggie so dont have to, but that is taken longer and hubby says if I got preggie now, I could still run!!!!!!!!!!!)

MrsBrown, Dec 10, 2010
  12. Amymel86

Amymel86

Ooooooh good luck with the baby-makin!!

To be honest I have flagged with the diet recently! And I deffo don't do half as much exercise as I should!! So I bow down to those that actually have the umph to get out there and run!!

Amymel86, Dec 10, 2010
  13. Amymel86

Amymel86

Ooooooh good luck with the baby-makin!!

To be honest I have flagged with the diet recently! And I deffo don't do half as much exercise as I should!! So I bow down to those that actually have the umph to get out there and run!!

Amymel86, Dec 10, 2010
  14. Amymel86

MrsBrown

baby making is stressful!!! might sound daft, but as much as I try to be relaxed about it, i have suddenly become an expert in what my body is doing when and why ha ha... plus my body likes to wind me up such as making boobs hurt when there is no reason ha ha!! oh well, what will be will be!!!!

But anyway I do like slimming world, find better than weight watchers as when I am being good I eat loads of fruit which you have to count on WW but not on slimming world!!

MrsBrown, Dec 10, 2010
  15. Amymel86

airy_fairy

I was always hungry on WW - hungry and feeling guilty!!! I like slimming world, very rarely feel any guilt - and hey, rarely having too many syns isn't going to throw me off track :)

airy_fairy, Dec 10, 2010
  16. Amymel86

hpsauce84

Wow, well done on your weight loss!

Both h2b and I joined Slimming World at the beginning of September - I've lost a stone and he's lost a stone and a half!

I'm starting to flag a little bit now though, tonight will be the 3rd night in a row I've been out for a meal and drinking. Gulp! I always knew Xmas time was going to be difficult though so fully expecting to put on or stay the same for the next few weeks!

hpsauce84, Dec 11, 2010
  17. Amymel86

Amymel86

Well done on your weightloss! Do you have a goal before the big day? I would ideally like to loose another 3 stone before our big day (sept 20110 whihc is do-able but I would still be pretty happy with myself if I only loose 2 stone more! how is your h2b finding it?

Amymel86, Dec 11, 2010
  18. Amymel86

hpsauce84

Ideally I'd like to lose another 2 stone to take me back down to what I weighed when we first got together! Not sure if I'll be able to get back down to that though but I can only try! H2B is finding it easier than me I think! He wasn't very keen to start with but we'd tried to lose weight on our own the year before and done fairly well, put half a stone or so back on over the summer though and realised we only had a year to go so decided to try something different!

hpsauce84, Dec 11, 2010
  19. Amymel86

Frogbitch

A colleague gave me a spare set of books, and I've been doing the Original diet for a couple of weeks, but I don't go to meetings.

I've lost 8 pounds!!!!

Frogbitch, Mar 16, 2011
  20. Amymel86

Becky

That's brilliant, well done you! :D

I keep hearing lots of good things about Slimming World...

Becky, Mar 16, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question