Slimming World

Discussion in 'Weight loss and Fitness' started by WelshBride, May 2, 2010.

1. WelshBride

WelshBride

Is anyone doing slimming world?

I've being doing it on and off (mostly off [​IMG] ) for about 2 1/2 yrs now and last week reached my 2 1/2 stone award [​IMG]
    I'm hoping to lose another 1/2 stone now before i start my dress fittings the end of this mth.

WelshBride, May 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. WelshBride

BunnyMonkey

I am! I'm on my second week. I lost 6 pounds last week, which I was really chuffed about, but I'm not expecting that kind of weight loss this week!

Congratulations on such a great weight loss. How long did it take you?

BM x

BunnyMonkey, May 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. WelshBride

WelshBride

Well done thats fantastic!!

Its taken me about 2 1/2 yrs to lose it, but I dont go to class every week and sometimes go off plan for months on end. I've also had alot of health and family problems in between so thats why its taken so long. But as they say the longer it takes to come off, the longer it stays off. Seems to be working for me lol! I always say I'm taking the extremly scenic route [​IMG]

WelshBride, May 2, 2010
  4. WelshBride

BunnyMonkey

That's really impressive though. When are you getting married?

BM x

BunnyMonkey, May 2, 2010
  5. WelshBride

WelshBride

20th August or 110 days or 3mths 18 days lol! Its fast approching!!

When are you getting married?

WelshBride, May 2, 2010
  6. WelshBride

BunnyMonkey

I have until 31st December. I need to lose about 6 stone. The numbers just don't add up!

BM x

BunnyMonkey, May 3, 2010
  7. WelshBride

MrsStanding2Be

i really want to lose weight, is this slimming world good?

MrsStanding2Be, May 3, 2010
  8. WelshBride

Helen

BunnyMonkey I know what you mean!!! I've got a year tho so fingers crossed the willpower needs to stay lol!

Helen, May 3, 2010
  9. WelshBride

WelshBride

It is good but like any diet you have to stick to the plan to see the effects. I love it coz you can eat 'normal' things on it and I dont have to worry about making 3 different meals everyday for myself. h2b and our little boy, its all family friendly [​IMG]

Have a look at their website, thats what I did before joining class. It gives you a rough idea what to expect.

So hows everyone doing? I was a naughty girl over the weekend but back on plan now :) Didn't have class yest because on bank holiday so no weigh in until next Mon now.

WelshBride, May 4, 2010
  10. WelshBride

MrsBrown

Hi all, I managed to loose 8st with slimming world (and running!). I have put a little back on but not since I ordered my dress back in Jan so thats good! its hard work living with my fiance, he doesnt do diets!! Trying v hard to be good now before it arrives!! Keep up the hard work ladies. ;)

MrsBrown, May 4, 2010
  11. WelshBride

WelshBride

MrsBrown2b that is an amazing loss well done!! [​IMG]

Do you mind me asking how long did it take you to lose that? and whats your secret?? lol

WelshBride, May 5, 2010
  12. WelshBride

MrsBrown

It took a year. I went to slimming world, but mainly just to get weighed and as a 'I have to keep this up, i am going to class on thurs!' Mainly i just cut out the rubbish!!
    I also took up running after i lost a couple of stone and I did a 10k last may (i am doing another 2 weeks aghhhhh) i find it harder to keep on target now though!

MrsBrown, May 5, 2010
  13. WelshBride

Helen

Wow that's fab, well done :p

Helen, May 11, 2010
  14. WelshBride

ilovepink1984

Wow, you have all done so well! One of my close friends has been doing Slimming World and she looks AMAZING! She was really unhappy with her weight which she has always struggled with and has been dieting on and off for years. Since doing this shes a different person. Down to a size 10 for the first time ever, think shes lost about 3 stone Much more confident, image change, and she has made lots of new friends too.

I don't need to lose weight but desperately want to tone my thighs and stomach after having 2 children. Any tips on what works - I have limited time with two under 3s!! Running around after them and going for long walks with pushchair has really helped keep weight down and get me fitter but stomach still too flabby!!

ilovepink1984, May 11, 2010
  15. WelshBride

WelshBride

Squats are good for your thighs, bloody hard work though lol!

I put on 1lb this week [​IMG] but it was star week so I blame that lol!

Been good girl this morning, I've been to the gym, did 4.5miles on the treadmill and burnt off over 400 calories [​IMG]

WelshBride, May 11, 2010
  16. WelshBride

ilovepink1984

Wow, that was good!! Used to do squats but never know whether I'm doing them right to get any benefit! And I'm totally useless at sit-ups! Need to join a gym but have limited time and money. My sister joined a couple of months ago and her stomach is starting to look amazing, the benefits of a personal trainer telling you how to do things properly!!

ilovepink1984, May 11, 2010
  17. WelshBride

WelshBride

I dont go to the gym no where near as much as I should!
    Dont know if any of the gyms in your area do it but I've joined with a friend so we split the monthly fee [​IMG]

Have you got a Wii? They do lunges on the Wii fit and thats really good, I love doing the boxing on there, its fantastic for anger management [​IMG]

WelshBride, May 11, 2010
  18. WelshBride

MrsBoucher2B2012

I know you will all most likely hate me for this so sorry in advance.
    I had a baby in November last year and i was unable to workout until now because i damaged my lungs pushing so hard to try and get the little madam out and then with the really harsh winter we had i kept having really bad (we are talking trips to hospital bad) asthma attacks so no getting back into shape for me.
    Luckily i didnt gain much weight during the pregnancy as i was very careful with my diet and i stayed a size 10 so i didnt have to worry about losing loads weight but my stomach was like a sack of jelly and until now its been getting me down. Last week i started doing between 50-100 sit-ups a day, i cant do them on the floor like normal people it hurts my back so i lay on our bed with my feet hooked under the bar at the bottom and i find it helps me keep going. It might just be my mind playing tricks on me but im sure i can notice a slight change in my stomach after only 10 days.
    I dont do well on diets i tend to over do it and eat very little so with 770 days to get in shape i should be able to get my old stomach back.

MrsBoucher2B2012, May 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question