Should They Have Took My Money?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Mrsg2b2011, May 18, 2010.

1. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Hi you lovely b2b's I am wondering what your thoughts are on this.
    I ordered some foam roses from a floristry supplier online & paid by paypal. I ordered a few buches of pink & white roses, some diamante sprays & 5 silver wire wands so I could make mine, my bm's bouquets & flowergirls flower wands.
    Well the parcel arrived yesterday yet when I opened it the wands were not there. I checked the invoice & it said that they were to follow in another consignment. Ok fine, so I phoned them yesterday to see when this will be yet they can't tell me they are out of stock & don't know when they will get more in. They just ask if its urgent. Well no its not really but I paid by paypal & they have taken the money for them!!!!
    Are they allowed to do this? It is now showing on their website as out of stock but surley if they knew they were running low they shouldn't have let me order them or at least give me a warning.
    Then to take my money & not know when they will be in stock is crazy!!! I also checked today & they are out of stock of white roses which I wanted to order more of & again they don't know when they will be back in stock!!!
    I know its getting busy due to wedding season but surley they can put a message on the website when stocks are running low or just not take my money until they dispatch them???
    Anyway sorry went on to a bit of a rant then lol. Thanks for reading this
    xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Mrsg2b2011

MrsStanding2Be

Can i just ask where you got these from? x

MrsStanding2Be, May 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Mrsg2b2011

Ian Administrator

I'm not a legal expert, but as far as I know they are supposed to mention on their website if the goods are in stock or not - as they can't take money for something and not know if they will be able to supply it. In reality, many smaller places don't have good stock control. If you are in a hurry for them you could just ask for a refund on that particular item and order from somewhere else - I can't see why they wouldn't be able to do that :D.

Ian, May 18, 2010
  4. Mrsg2b2011

vhc

i can see your point of view, it is annoying.

unfortunately, i can see ti from their point of view, too - it happens to me quite a bit - we have stock of something and it gets ordered, so we send it out, but sometimes it's something that we can get hold of quickly (normally) or something that we normally stock but have run out of. . when someone places an orde4r, we then order the item from our supplier and send it to the customer when it arrives.

there's nothing you can do to stop PayPal taking the money, that's not something the retailer controls.

they are intending to supply the item, so it is not bad that they have taken the payment.

vhc, May 18, 2010
  5. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Thanks everyone. Lucky enough Ian I am not in a rush for them just trying to be super efficiant [​IMG] that teaches me doesn't it lol.

MrsStanding2b it was rainbow florist supplies, hope I am putting you off I am really pleased with the roses that have come & am sure I will be with the wands when they arrive too!

Vhc. Yes I think I just more frustrated then anything just wanted to get cracking with it I think. Just kinda wished they had maybe sent me an email or phoned me just to say sorry its out of stock but we will be dispatching them to you as soon as possible. I am sure that you would do that for your customers. Can understand stock runs low & paypal taking the whole amount just wish the customer service had been slightly better I suppose. Still nevermind I have enough time to wait lucky enough lol.
    What is your company? x

Mrsg2b2011, May 18, 2010
  6. Mrsg2b2011

vhc

I knwo what you mean - I always try to email customers straight away if i know that the item has run out and i'm waiting for more - mainly so they know how long they have to wait
    (I have had a couple of times where i've sold an item through a 3rd party website, then the same day, someone's ordered it through our website! usually happens when it's been on sale at both places for about 4 months without anyone buying it!! :D :) )

my company is a little children's bookshop called Nickel Books

vhc, May 19, 2010
  7. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Its always the way isn't it!!! LOL

OOooo a childrens book shop, could you send me a link to your website or private msg me it please? I have a 16month old son who LOVES books & I would love to have a look at your site xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 19, 2010
  8. Mrsg2b2011

vhc

thanks! I'll never say no to a sale! :)

it's www.nickelbooks.co.uk

(sorry Becky and Ian)

vhc, May 19, 2010
  9. Mrsg2b2011

Rustysgirl

Sorry hun but I think this happens all the time. I understand you're annoyed though. This happened to me with ribbon I bought and I was waiting for about a month before it arrived. They had no idea when they'd get it either. So I emailed them to get a date and they still couldn't say one, but they kindly agreed to send the rest of my order straight away (I only paid 1 P+P) and then they sent the second pakage at their expense when it was ready for dispatch. Initially they wanted me to wait to recieve anything until it was all in stock! So to be honest, youre lucky you recieved some things! They also offered me a refund if I didnt want to wait. It was all ok in the end.

I think youre well within your rights to ask for a refund though. And if I was you I'd look elsewhere for the wands. Ebay must have some options, they have loads of crafting stuff on there...

Rustysgirl, May 19, 2010
  10. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Thanks Rustysgirl. I have ordered some more pink flowers from there & they should be here tomorrow. Needed somemore as didn't do my calculations properly [​IMG] & needed to order from there as need to be the same colour pink really & they have already been dispatched so I think generally they are very good just wish their communication was a bit better but hey lifes too short to get too upset with these things! You're right aswell atleast they won't be charging me another lot of p&p when they do send them out.

Thanks everyone I feel alot better about it now atleast I know I will eventually get them I just need to be patient! [​IMG] Think the other night I was so excited about them coming & getting started that I was just frustrated when they didn't come BUT tonight I am going to try & crystalize my shoes lol lets see how that goes......you never know you might come on here later to a thread from me ranting about that lol. (Promise I won't really) [​IMG] Wish me luck [​IMG] x

Mrsg2b2011, May 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question