Sharing A Venue?

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by MrsSA2B, Oct 12, 2010.

1. MrsSA2B

MrsSA2B

I have just found out that there is going to be another wedding on at the same venue as us. I knew that this was a possibility from the begining as the venue told us they would hold a max of 2 weddings on one date, but this had only been the case three times in the previous year, so it's not a huge surprise, I'm now just wondering how it will work? We have been told that we have first refusual on times and that the other wedding will be told that they can't arrive till after we have sat down for our meal, but as we won't be doing this till 3.30ish, I'm not sure if this is going to happen that way.
    Has anyone else shared their venue, if so what do I need to be checking with the venue and taking into concideration?
    I'm trying not to turn into a bridezilla over this, but it doesn't seem to be working to well :D Grrr I'm getting annoyed with myself now as I knew this was a possibility.

MrsSA2B, Oct 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsSA2B

muckypaws

hi our venue is only a small place and we will be sharing the function room at nite with who ever gets married that day.... could be 4 brides rofl !!! so i kinda know how you feel:( But on a good note this happened to my friend last year and with the exception of us noticing a few people on the terrace waiting for the other party we never saw them at all even at the photo shoot through the grounds etc so dont worry you prob wont even notice as you will be that wrapped up in your own day xx:D the venue staff will know how to plan around it so dont stress too much

muckypaws, Oct 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsSA2B

MrsSA2B

Thanks for that, it makes me feel better. Where are you getting married? Sounds an interesting place.

MrsSA2B, Oct 12, 2010
  4. MrsSA2B

muckypaws

The mill forge just out of Gretna green ;)

muckypaws, Oct 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question