Share Your Proposal Stories!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by amyf, Jan 23, 2013.

1. amyf

amyf

I Just Love Hearing Peoples Proposal Stories!
    Whether You're Recently Engaged Or Already Married,
    Why Not Share Your Story And Spread The Love...xoxo

amyf, Jan 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. amyf

MrsGroves2B

Mine was odd! My H2B knew I wanted to get engaged for my 21st Birthday and did the whole ask my Dad beforehand. He did this after work one day whilst I was at work and normally I phoned when I was on my way but on this occasion I didn't and saw him at home without a car, Dad claiming he helped him move some garden furniture, then he went walking off half way round my estate to his car (he normally parks in the drive or outside my next door neighbour's house). I knew what he was up to! He met me that evening and said my Dad had told him he needed to talk it through with me, so that's what he did, then two days later he took me shopping to choose my engagement ring, but refused to give it me until he got down on one knee! In a struggle to think of somewhere to go we went to his house as everyone was out and in front of Only Fools and Horses he got down on one knee!

MrsGroves2B, Apr 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. amyf

WelshKittyBride

I got engaged on 6th of July this year basically it's the same day as my mates birthday so I assumed I was going out for that so h2b asked for a date night on the Friday however my mate changed days of her event so instead we had our date night on the Saturday, our plan also was on the Sunday to go to Ikea for the joys of home shopping .

We went to a gorgeous place for food we started off with some nice drinks as we awaited out table with someone playing piano at this point everything was lovely and I had no clue . After our food he was holding my hand and shaking at this point I must mention my h2b is diabetic so my first thought was oh my god he is having a hypo :eek: he began mentioning also we couldn't go to Ikea the next day and began saying how much he loved me and saying why he loved me and how the next day the reason why we couldn't go shopping as hopefully we would be telling family so fab news , he talked about how much he wanted to be with me forever and would I be his wife would I marry him :wub: I of course said yes .

What I didn't know was during the week he had met up with my dad and got his blessing so he and my step mum knew and sadly my mum passed away suddenly 2 years ago and that morning he went up to her grave and spoke to her about his plans .As soon as he said this it made me cry even more as I knew before he was the one but this made me love him more than I could imagine :D

I have to say I have not stopped smiling since then

WelshKittyBride, Aug 26, 2013
    Becky likes this.
  4. amyf

Suzi83

I got engaged on May 9th this year. My proposal was just done really simply - we were at home cuddled up on the sofa and suddenly he asked me to stand up and close my eyes for a sec. When I opened them, he was on one knee with the ring in his hand and said something to the effect of "Suzanne Fiona Shedden, will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" I said yes immediately, he put the ring on, we had a lovely cuddle and kiss and then he admitted that he'd asked my parents permission the previous week when we'd had dinner with them.

The ring originally didn't fit me properly so we had to take it back but they got me the correct size that same day so I didn't have to be without it. I also spent the next day informing my family and friends and being slightly obsessed with looking at my ring (or my new shiny as I called it) We then had an engagement party that weekend with my family and one with our friends too.

Suzi83, Aug 29, 2013
    Becky likes this.
  5. amyf

futuremrsH

my proposal was at 6am on Christmas Day last year after 6 years together.
    H2B got me up early, he is a big kid at xmas so I thought nothing of it.
    Dreary eyed I opened my presents and found he had bought me yet another handbag.
    "theres matching purse inside" he said. So I unzipped the bag and reached inside and pulled out a little black box. My eyes got wide and I giggled, he took the box from me, opened it and proposed :):)
    No bended knee as we were sat on the floor of our living room and I honestly thought I would cry the day he proposed but instead I laughed and got giddy! I keep saying I will prob have the giggles at the wedding.
    Seriously had no idea, even when a ring was missing from my jewellery box I thought I had lost it but he had toom it to a jewlers to be sized.

Some really nice stories on here!
    Xxxx

futuremrsH, Oct 9, 2013
  6. amyf

Becky

What a lovely story! If you can make each other laugh a lot then that is a great sign for a long and happy marriage :D

Oh and welcome to the forums! When are you getting married?

Becky, Oct 9, 2013
  7. amyf

RachCM

Awww I LOVE hearing engagement stories!!

My h2b proposed the year on my birthday in September. We were on holiday in rome ('my favourite place in the world) and on my birthday I woke up really early dying to open my presents like a child lol.
    Our hotel was located on a hill in the centre of rome and had an AMAZING rooftop terrace where you could see the whole of rome. My h2b suggested we go on the rooftop to open my pressies which I didn't really think anything of.
    On the terrace he gave me a biggest box and when I opened it it was an iPhone box and I was like "oooo you got me a new phone!" And he said "yeh open it see and check it out" and when I opened the box it was full of pink tissue paper with the ring box inside. Then he got down on one knee and proposed!
    It was really beautiful and romantic. :D

RachCM, Nov 13, 2013
  8. amyf

RachCM

Urghh sorry about the typo mistakes there! Blooming auto correct!

RachCM, Nov 13, 2013
  9. amyf

Becky

That is so sweet and thoughtful! Bet you were over the moon! :D

Becky, Nov 13, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question