Sez's Planning Thread...finally!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Sez, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Sez

Sez

Well I thought as its only 108 days I should really start my planning thread... so here goes....

The venue is at Latimer house (well latimer mews but its on the same grounds and i cant find any pics of it right now but you get the idea!
    [​IMG]

Our wedding invites were designed by the OH as he really wanted something tattoo realated that didnt cost a fortune (as a lot of tattoo stuff is now... i blame david beckham for making them trendy haha)

[​IMG]

So our colour scheme is black and white with a hint of red. For the reception we are having all white linnen with black chair sashes. We decided not to have traditional flowers on the tables so were having giant martini glasses filled with soft coloured sweets! yum! and black rose petals scattered below
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We are asking for money as gifts so we can go on a honeymoon when its not holiday season and expensive! so a funky post box has been made to put them in
    [​IMG]

My dress is by madeline gardner and fingers crossed it will be in for me to try on in about 3 weeks so i'll post a pic of me in it when i do that. VERY worried about it as its been ordered in a uk size 4! i didnt even think they went that low! but here it is anyway along with my gorgeous Irregular choice shoes (thanks frogbitch for finding them for me a again!).

My BM will be in a black dress but i have yet to meet up with her to chat over her dress... rubbish i know but she lives miles away and is a new mum

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am having some kind of messy up do for my hair (my trial isnt until june but here are the ideas that i have shown her) and my make up i'm toying with having Audrey Hepburn, breakfast at tiffanys kind of style (all about the eyes)
    [​IMG]

The OH and i are quite casual so we have decided on him having a tux with bow tie but keep the bow tie un done (very dean martin) sorry about the pic its the only one i can find haha
    [​IMG]

For the cake we are having something similar to the pic below but the topping ice white and the casses will be in black 50 smaller size cupcakes and 1 huge one on a stand
    [​IMG]

For the wedding favours we have having little black organza bags which will have everton mints and some red and white ones too so it goes with the colour scheme. Also in the bags are our little touch, temporary tattoos of the design in the front of the wedding invites and also a "finger stache" tattoo as we can have some great fun with the wedding photos with them! see pic to stop confusion!
    [​IMG]

ooh nearly forgot, this ring is similar to mine and the OH is having the same but with out diamonds in between the roman numerals
    [​IMG]

Phew, i think thats it for now! sorry if i rambled or there are lots of typos, i'm at work and rushing it a bit but otherwise i'd never get round to doing it! :(

Sez, Apr 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Sez

ElmoGrace

That dress is lush! But I am definitely most taken by the finger tash'!!!

ElmoGrace, Apr 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Sez

Sez

haha, i thought it added that hint of glamour :(

Sez, Apr 14, 2011
  4. Sez

Anon_SA

Ooooh love it all! That top right hair style is basically mine! Good choice :)

I now want a packet of oreos.

And welcome to the IC wedding shoe club! :)

Anon_SA, Apr 14, 2011
  5. Sez

Becky

Ha ha those finger tashes are great!! :)

All looks gorgeous, can't wait to see a picture of you in your dress! xxx

Becky, Apr 14, 2011
  6. Sez

Frogbitch

I heartily approve of your wedding ring. (Very similar to mine!)

Frogbitch, Apr 15, 2011
  7. Sez

Sez

haha when i'm feeling girly is IC shoes but when i want some rock chic i go for iron fist shoes!

I cant wait to try it on a size that fits me! Fingers crossed i havebt put any weight on... yikes!

ahh i love that style... its great and everyones is different (well unless you happen to get married on the same date and choose the same ring) :D

Sez, Apr 15, 2011
  8. Sez

MrsBoucher2B2012

love your dress

MrsBoucher2B2012, Apr 15, 2011
  9. Sez

Sez

thank you... its completly different to what i though i was going to have but i tried it on and loved it

Sez, Apr 15, 2011
  10. Sez

Sez

here are the table place cards, i just bought plain white ones as they are so much cheaper and stamped them myself... the OH is practising his caligraphy before he writes on them (even though we have spares) so no name on them but you get the idea. It keeps in with the old school tattoo thing too. sorry the pic isnt that great
    [​IMG]

Sez, Apr 15, 2011
  11. Sez

MrsC2Be

Love your dress, it's gorgeous, can't wait to see it on.

I love your theme and how personal it is to you both. And I'm still super jealous of your post box, I think it's fab!

MrsC2Be, Apr 15, 2011
  12. Sez

Sez

Aw thank you, if I think about it too much our theme seems to be all over the place but I guess that's what we are really, a mixed bag haha

Sez, Apr 15, 2011
  13. Sez

Frogbitch

I can't help thinking that so many parts of your wedding are similar to mine, but yet still so unique to yourselves.

I'm also a little worried that as you come from Aylesbury, that you may have been witness to my only (and very drunken) attempt at karaoke a few years ago.

If you ever frequented Bar Sol in the days of Hearsay, I may owe you an apology !!

Frogbitch, Apr 15, 2011
  14. Sez

Helen

I'm loving your planning! I'm feeling a bit peckish having looked at your cakes hehe. The finger tash is excellent! Also loving your hair ideas :)

(Mmmm Mr Bond!)

Helen, Apr 16, 2011
  15. Sez

Sez

haha well that good... it might not be too much of a mish mash... any other ideas then (as our styles seem to be similar)

i think your safe... i dont recall any karaoke incidents haha, i've only been living in aylesbury for about 3 years

Sez, Apr 18, 2011
  16. Sez

Sez

Argh! having a complete nightmare! As alot of you know our wedding was being paid by a house sale, my OH put his house up for sale in september last year and it still hasnt sold! Even if it sold tomorrow we still wouldnt have the money in time! we needed 8k! yikes! so we have managed to get a loan of 5k (a miricle in itself as we have bad credit) so we will be trying to make cut backs here and there, selling the car (get a grand if we are lucky) masses of over time at work ohew! knakered at the thought of it! 83 days to go! it will be done!

Sez, May 9, 2011
  17. Sez

Sez

Sez, May 10, 2011
  18. Sez

MrsC2Be

I really like that and think it would defo fit in with everything else :)

MrsC2Be, May 10, 2011
  19. Sez

poppleminster

I like it too. It would work really well :) Sorry you're having a hard time xxx

poppleminster, May 10, 2011
  20. Sez

Becky

Love it! :) It fits in very well with everything else - almost like it was made especially for you!

Becky, May 11, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question