September Brides... How Is Your Planning Going?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsBrown, Jun 3, 2010.

1. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Hello fellow September brides!

I got to my double figures on the count down today (99 days to go yeh!!). Soon it will only be 3 months to go for all of us, so just wondered how everyone was doing.

How are you getting along with the planning? Time is going so fast and so much to do in the last few months!

I think I am pretty organised, only main things to organise are men suits (booked for 23/6/10) and bridesmaid dresses for little ones (going in july in case they grow). My problem is that there are lots of things to do and not enough weekends, such as dress fittings, ring fitting, visit to registrar , making favours, seating plans etc etc!!

What are your colour schemes? We have gone for dark purple, mainly because I love it! I did consider browns and oranges, but one of my bridesmaids has auburn hair and as my new surname will be brown i thought people would think we had decided for that reason ha ha!!

MrsBrown, Jun 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

bridetobe200910

Hello

I am not quite into double figures yet - 108 to go but I am getting so excited.

I too have chosen dark purple as my colour and I am so pleased with everything.

I had my hair and make up trial yesterday and my first dress fitting on Monday. I just cannot wait to do it for real.

Where are you getting married? Is it a large wedding.

I am an older second bride 2 b so we are having a smaller affair in Cheshire.

Just 24 guests and wedding ceremony and wedding breakfast at the same venue - no evening do as such - hopefully just a relaxing day for all. No stress !!

bridetobe200910, Jun 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Yeh another purple bride!! I went to a friends wedding on sunday and she had purple too!

My wedding has sort of esculated, it was going to be smallish but the guest list grew and grew!!! We have invited 99 people with another 40 to the eve. We expected to get lots of declines but so far havent (we reckon it might be about 92 in the end) My h2b family and friends will all have to travel quite far as he has only just moved to the area we live in, so we thought many might not come but they are!! His Mum reckons its because they are all in shock he is finally settling down ha ha (I am 33 he is 37 and firts wedding for both of us)

Im not having hair trial until august and dont need to go for dress fitting until 4 weeks before so some time yet! I think i am going to have a very busy August!! Its all starting to feel very real now though and time has flown. Have you been planning for long?

I just hope the sept weather is kind to us, everyone says that sept is usually nice but keeping fingers crossed!!

MrsBrown, Jun 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question