September 19Th Wedding - Cyprus

Discussion in 'Veterans' started by Zoe, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Zoe

Zoe

So, I've now been married 136 days. The thing is, after originally planning and booking to get married today in Cyprus, I've been feeling a little upset this morning. Took my son to a playbarn to take my mind off it. Was thinking of cooking a nice dinner for myself and my husband to 'celebrate', and wearing some of my wedding accessories. Is this a bit weird?

On a more positive note, my dad is undergoing his 2nd lot of chemo.

Zoe, Sep 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Zoe

Becky

Definitely not weird, I've worn my wedding accessories since the big day a few times :) Is it the lack of overseas wedding getting you down? How about looking into a holiday to Cyprus? You can get some pretty good last minute deals if you are flexible on dates. Or if things are tight since the wedding you could start making plans to go there for your first anniversary?

Hope your Dad is doing ok hon, big hugs xxxx

Becky, Sep 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Zoe

MrsC2Be

No, not weird. Wearing stuff from your wedding is a great idea. A first anniversary trip like Becky said might be a fun thing to do and something to look forward to as well.

Good news on your Dad, hope it's not too brutal on him xxx

MrsC2Be, Sep 20, 2011
  4. Zoe

Helen

It sounds like a good plan to have a mini celebration. I love wearing my wedding accessories just randomly now and again, I def recommend it! I'm lucky as I had two pairs of wedding shoes that I have managed to give one or two outings to!

If you could manage a first anniversary trip to Cyprus that would be awesome, if not you could always pencil it in for another year and have it to look forward to.

Hope your Dad gets on ok xx

Helen, Sep 20, 2011
  5. Zoe

Zoe

Thanks ladies. We had a lovely evening - 3 course meal and a bottle of wine and some trashy tv. Just what I needed to cheer myself up. Didn't get round to putting accessories on in the end. Yeah, think we'll defo consider our anniversary there, or even re-new our vows there at some point.

Zoe, Sep 20, 2011
  6. Zoe

Becky

Glad you had a good evening together, and I'm sure you'll find another occassion to get your accessories out :)

Becky, Sep 21, 2011
  7. Zoe

MrsC2Be

Good times. And vow renewal means more planning :D yaaay :D

MrsC2Be, Sep 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question