Self-Acceptance

Discussion in 'Weight loss and Fitness' started by Sarita, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Sarita

Sarita

Hi ladies,

When I bought my size 10 wedding dress it was a teeny bit tight but I told myself: "Hah, no problemo! I've got ages to lose a couple of pounds." Inevitably, a couple of weeks before the wedding I got it out of the cupboard and to my horror, I had somehow managed to expand further beyond the seams of the dress... My first reaction was to instigate emergency measures - the crash diet. After a couple of days I was exhausted and my mind was preoccupied with how the hell I was going to fit in the dress. I started to feel unattractive and like a failure - which are the only feelings I've ever experienced while on a crash diet.

I tried to get out of my chaotic head space and see things objectively. There was nothing wrong with my weight or the way I looked. The only mistake I had made was to knowingly choose a dress that wasn't my size! Isn't that crazy? The only thing that needed to change was the dress.

Luckily, I was able to take it back to the shop and swap it for a size 12 - my real size. Otherwise, I would have taken it to a tailor to be altered.

I'm glad I decided to accept my wedding body even though it didn't match the fantasy in my head. Of course, I was the only person that cared about the size of my dress - the people around me just wanted to see me happy.

Sarita, Nov 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Sarita

Doreen Guido

Wise option.... :wub: :wub: :wub:
    Ignore the size itself,you feel content and happy,this is the thing....
    Big Congratulations!!!

Doreen Guido, Nov 19, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Sarita

sheetalkapoor

Nice decision! It's better to change or altered it rather than feel crazy and uncomfortable. At last you got you sized dress. Congratulation! :wub:

sheetalkapoor, Dec 14, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question