Second Time Around .....so Much Better

Discussion in 'Second Time Around' started by tinxfoowinkle, May 2, 2010.

1. tinxfoowinkle

tinxfoowinkle

I got married in 1981 aged just 19 & my marriage lasted 22 years - & no I wasn't pregnant. He decided to go off with one of my so called friends in 2003 & we got divorced in 2005. Well I've been with H2B now for almost 7 years & we're tying the knot in Cyprus in August this year. It was originally going to be just 4 of us going out there, but now there will be 13 of us in total. We have got a beautiful venue arranged to get married in, a highly rated restaurant for our reception to go onto with a 3 course a-la-carte meal with greek dancers strutting their stuff, & then to finally end our lovely day we are all going on a decorated boat for a 2 hour coastal cruise. What more could be perfect than that???? I've only got another 102 days to go.......Yaahhhh[​IMG]

tinxfoowinkle, May 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. tinxfoowinkle

fitnessfi

Sounds lovely. I agree its better second time around. I also married young and it lasted 7 years. Been with my H2B for 5 years now and we're getting married in France. Got about 30 close family and friends coming over. Really its a long weekend drinking session! But I can't wait, crossing fingers that the weather is going to be beautiful and not have a freak rainy day! X

fitnessfi, May 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. tinxfoowinkle

pinkangel

Totally agree. I got married in 1996 and got divorced in 2000. The only good thi ng to come out of was my little boy (not so little now he's 13!!!!)
    Have been with H2B for 10 years ( no he was nothing to do with the split), just happened to be in the right place at the right time, and we've been together ever since. He's been like a father to Dan and an absolute rock for me.
    Anyway, after 10 years togethe, I decided to pop the question over christmas 2009. Luckily he said yes and everything is set for a beautiful, small, low key weding in Zante, Greece on 28th August 2010.
    I am so much more excited this time, feel totally in control and everything just feels right this time.
    Can't wait, it's coming round so fast.
    xxx

pinkangel, May 2, 2010
  4. tinxfoowinkle

Scottybride

Scottybride, May 2, 2010
  5. tinxfoowinkle

Scottybride

sounds fantastic...congrats!

Scottybride, May 2, 2010
  6. tinxfoowinkle

bridetobe200910

I am also planning wedding No 2 and what a difference. I got married at 20 and it lasted ten years and I have been with H2B for nearly 5 years and everything feels so different this time. I am loving organising it and I get so emotional thinking about the ceremony and seeing my H2B. I maybe a little over 40 but I am looking forward to being a 'princess' for a day.
    Good luck to everyone with their plans, your weddings sound perfect.

bridetobe200910, May 2, 2010
  7. tinxfoowinkle

Frogbitch

This is the second time for me too, but the first for my fiance.
    So glad to be having the wedding I want this time around.

Frogbitch, Jun 3, 2010
  8. tinxfoowinkle

Mrsg2b2011

[​IMG] xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 4, 2010
  9. tinxfoowinkle

muckypaws

Don't even ask about my first lol only good thing about it is my beautiful 23 yr old son xxx known H2B for 10 years .... Told me 2 yrs ago he fancied me lol been together since xxx

muckypaws, Oct 9, 2010
  10. tinxfoowinkle

Frogbitch

Now that my wedding is done and dusted, I can honestly say that it meant so much more to me this time round, and planning everything myself gave Russ and I a very personal day.
    My Mum made alot of the arrangements for my first marriage, and looking back, it had none of my personality at all.
    I think the proof of this is my reaction walking down the aisle. I certainly didn't expect to blub!

Frogbitch, Oct 11, 2010
  11. tinxfoowinkle

2ndtimeround

I got married the first time in 1991.... I met my Ex Husband when i was 16!!! Married when i was 21. I look back and the only good thing that came out of my 16 year marriage was my two children. My first husband was a liar and a cheat!!! I met my H2B on facebook after being on my own for a year. I stayed high up on my shelf where i felt safe, until that day and i have never looked back, I have never loved and felt this loved before in my life. I have been with H2B for 2 years now and we are getting married on our 4 year anniversary.
    I was taken to New York for a surprise 40th birthday present by my H2B in June and at the strike of midnight when it turned to my birthday the big 40 My Mr T proposed to me on top of the Empire State building!!!! I felt like a Princess and i agree the second time round is so much better. I am loving planning our big day. Im so excited and can't wait to be getting married again which i thought i would never ever do again!!!!!

2ndtimeround, Nov 6, 2010
  12. tinxfoowinkle

Becky

Hi 2ndtimeround - welcome to BigDay! :)

That is such a lovely proposal story! It must be so amazing to find someone who makes you feel like that. Where are you getting married?

Becky, Nov 7, 2010
  13. tinxfoowinkle

poppleminster

Welcome 2ndtime and I met my h2b via facebook in a round about way - long story but without facebook connecting me to an old friend i'd not have met him. My first husband was also a liar and a cheat so I can fully appreciate just how lovely it is to have a decent man!

poppleminster, Nov 7, 2010
  14. tinxfoowinkle

muckypaws

Hey 2nd time around what a lovely story me nearly blubbed x I seriously think ladies that we have more of a sense of what we want and what's important the second time with regards to men that is and maybe that's why it's soooo much better x

muckypaws, Nov 8, 2010
  15. tinxfoowinkle

Sez

This is second time around for me too, i got married at 20 and we split up 4 years later. It was all very amicable though... it sounds steriotypical but we just drifted apart, we worked togather and ran our own business and of course lived together, i think i realised it was time to move on was on our anniversary we were going out for a nice meal and my rule was "tonight we do not talk about work" and low and behold we had nothing to talk about for the whole evening. So while were still young enough and still amicable we decided to seperate. We could of fought a bit harder to save the marraige but we didnt want any of us to have any resentment if it didnt work.

But years down the line we are still very good friends and at least one a year the other half and i go out and have dinner with my ex and his new lady.... its all very civilised, some people dont understand that, but ultimatley our friendship to each other was more important than our marriage (sounds very weird i know)!

This is the second time around for H2B aswell, hopefully just finalising the divorce process but now she's decided she want 100% of the house sale (on the market and his half is supposed to pay for our weeding) and 50% of his private pention! she's the one who cheated and used him as an imotional punch bag. Assulted me, assulted him in from of their kids and has a harrasment order against her! oh well.. long story but he'd left her before we met but apparently its my fault... yawn!

The first time i got married was in gretna green which was great fun, but this time round i wanted something very different and this time i'm soooo exited and we know exactley what we want!

Sez, Feb 1, 2011
  16. tinxfoowinkle

poppleminster

We do have an advantage second time round, we know what bits not to bother with!

poppleminster, Feb 6, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question