Savoy Hotel, Blackpool

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by colmax, May 11, 2011.

1. colmax

colmax

I am interested in feedback on the Savoy Hotel, Blackpool. My daughter has booked this for 10 March 2012 - but has just found out that the hotel has no rooms available for her guests that will stay over! I've also found reviews stating that the hotel have in the past had a few receptions on at the same time! Any one have experience, knowledge of this hotel that they could please help us with?

Many thanks

Colin

colmax, May 11, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. colmax

poppleminster

Hi Colin

Apologies but i've never been to Blackpool. If worried then i'd suggest talking to the hotel, explaining that you have had reviews stating they host more than one wedding and seeking assurance from their manager that they will not be doing this on your daughters big day.

Good luck!

poppleminster, May 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. colmax

ElmoGrace

With hotels like that they do have a tendency to run more than one wedding on the same day, or to run a conference or event along side a wedding. It will always happen as they have the rooms and staff numbers to cope with the situation. Ultimately unless you are willing to pay for an exclusive use venue then you will always encounter similar issues.
    My best advice is contact them and voice your concerns - they will not be able to guarantee not running a wedding on the same day but they will make sure your daughter feels like her wedding is the most important on the day. As for the rooms not being available they should be able to suggest nearby alternative accommodation for your guests, once again unless exclusive use is booked or a deal is made at booking they have every right fully book the rooms with others.
    I know that isn't that useful or helpful but chain hotels always operate the same system of making as much money as possible therefore making sure all their rooms are being used, including function suites.

ElmoGrace, May 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question