Reception Planning

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Helen, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Helen

Helen

:D I've done most of the ceremony planning now so am getting stuck into the reception. Our reception will be about 6/7 weeks after we get married as we are going abroad and I needed to give myself enough time to do everything as I'm doing most of it single handed (madness! :wub: )

As we are going away I didn't have any bridesmaids for the actual ceremony (apart from my sister) so I have asked 3 of my friends and my neice to be additional bridesmaids for the reception. These are their skirts and each is going to choose their own top and shoes.
    Blue-Sml.gif
    Mint-Sml.gif
    Pink-Sml.gif
    bridesmaid skirts.jpg

The groom and 2 best men are having these waistcoats and ties, which look pretty good together, better than I thought! (They are all dairy farmers) They are wearing their own suits in black or grey whatever they have I'm not that fussed as we are being pretty casual about it.
    cows-waistcoat-lg.jpg
    ties.jpg

We are trying to get the dads to wear the same ties and this waistcoat just to make them a little different from the younger generation lol which is similar colour wise but makes them a bit different.
    ts133-black-ivory-new-sm.jpg

Our colour scheme is green. I've made nearly 200m of bunting so far in greens whites pinks and lilac, this is the duvet set I cut up to make it in lilac and I also had the pink set...
    bunting fabric.jpg

I've also made squares of the same fabric to go over the tablecloths (white) to stand the flower jugs on, I'm going to do flowers similar to this depending what flowers I can get at the flower markets that week...
    cream jugs.jpg

I'm also making flower decorations for outside the venue, these will be jam jars hanging on shepherds crooks with the magic soil and in the evening I'm adding some little led lights to them so they will form a pathway along the front of the venue.

We will also be having green balloons ( I love balloons!) and a few green candle jars similar to these...
    star.jpg
    candles.jpg

For extra comedy value I have also got these balloons which will double up as thank you presents for the best men
    cow.jpg
    And some of these
    tractor.jpg

I'm also toying with having some plain white opaque balloons that I can use some of the led lights in at the back of the bar and at the back of the band.

Outside we are hoping it will be sunny and we can have some croquet set up and our venue has loads of picnic tables that we can use too so fingers crossed for summer cocktails outside!

Ok breather now then I'll add my dress and accessories! :D

Helen, Feb 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

Helen

Ok my dress
    flower dress green.jpg

Petticoat
    raspberry petti.jpg

I've got a 3/4 sleeve short cardigan too if it is chilly I've got white, green and silver in my wardrobe and I've not decided which it will be yet. I've also got a cape in mint green and ivory to take abroad in case it is snowing lol!

Shoes I've not 100% decided on, I have these two pairs and who knows I may add a few more pairs to the list before long...
    rapunzel-aqua-300(1).jpg
    3780-1-l.png

This is my necklace and earrings
    necklace2.jpg
    necklace.jpg
    earrings.jpg

And I have a wax flower hairband, I can't find my photo of it at the moment.

I'm trying to decide whether to go bare legged or stockings, and if stockings I can't decide whether to go natural colour fishnet with backseam or sheer with backseam. I also haven't decided whether to have natural backseam or black... Decisions!

Hair I'm going for my usual dragged through a hedge backwards look haha, leaving it down and curly.

Makeup I'll be doing myself and will just be going natural, maybe with a sparkly eyeliner for the evening. I don't wear much normally so didn't want to go mad with it.

Have I forgotten anything?

Helen, Feb 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

Helen

Oh this was my first attempt at bouquet making to match to the dress. I have refined it a little since although I quite like the mismash sort of look it has.
    bouquet2.jpg

I also have this felt beauty that I was considering using instead of/along with a bouquet that will have to make an appearance somewhere along the line...
    99_cone_full.jpg

And I've not decided on a handbag just yet but these two are in the running...
    kate-garey-hot-muffins-bag-dtl-300.jpg
    kate-garey-juicy-berries-bag-dtl-300.jpg

The cake... I have been working on this design this week! Exciting! It will be interesting anyway that is all I am revealing at the moment... It will have fruit, chocolate, lemon and neopolitan layers in it and I have been trying out some different chocolate cake recipies much to my oh's delight :wub:

Helen, Feb 17, 2011
  4. Helen

poppleminster

I love your style :wub: Can't wait for you to hurry up and get married so we can devour the photos! :D

poppleminster, Feb 17, 2011
  5. Helen

ElmoGrace

That dress is gorgeous . Your styling is lovely!

ElmoGrace, Apr 4, 2011
  6. Helen

Helen

I made a decision about the bag and this is the winner....

PURSESWANS3SM.jpg

I also bought my 'legwear' this week, I did want stockings but hold ups were the closest I could get. They have very sweet little roses on them and I tried them on with my dress this morning and they look fab.

_mg_09703.jpg

We also decided that the dads are just going to have the green tie and not bother with the waistcoats. I will do them a similar button hole to the groom and best men to make them stand out from the other guests as well as the ties.

Helen, Apr 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question