Reception Idea - Big House?

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by poppleminster, Jun 8, 2010.

1. poppleminster

juliak

I know ladies, why don't we gatecrash...lol! x

juliak, Jun 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. poppleminster

iPrincess26

I think we might have to gatecrash, it all looks amazing - if we can't get there we definitely need plenty of photos! [​IMG]

iPrincess26, Jun 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. poppleminster

ilovepink1984

I'm up for gatecrashing - what was the date again poppleminster?!! Lol :rolleyes: :angry:

ilovepink1984, Jun 11, 2010
  4. poppleminster

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

So glad its all booked, wait till your wedding day, you will look up & there will be several heads poking over the top of the fence! It will be all of us on here trying to gatecrash lol :angry: xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 11, 2010
  5. poppleminster

juliak

Ooops, sorry Pppleminster, think I may have started something here.....what were you saying bout turning up dressed as Michael Jackson and singing like Elvis? :angry:
    xxx

juliak, Jun 11, 2010
  6. poppleminster

poppleminster

You load of ratbags! To be honest, if you lot turned up singing Elvis and dancing to Thriller then you'd fit in well as Ben and I belong to a roleplaying club so there is every posibility of a load of orcs and goblins turning up complete with weapons! If you think i'm joking... pics can be found here by clicking on the gallery page.

Ben was considering dressing in kit for the big day but has agreed at least for 'smart' kit.

It's kind of sad to not ever meet some of you so maybe we'll have to beg Becky for a Big Day social event sometime in the future when we're all married. I guess that wont work as it's sooner for some than others but it's a lovely idea. We need the Big Day veterans section! That way we don't lose you all :angry:

poppleminster, Jun 11, 2010
  7. poppleminster

juliak

Those pics are fantastic!!!!
    I think you're right about the veteran page, I for one am planning on staying on here after my wedding. It may be helpful for new brides 2b!
    I agee with a bigday event too, it would be so good to put names to faces etc!
    xxx :angry:

juliak, Jun 11, 2010
  8. poppleminster

poppleminster

hahaha I shall be begging to meet you for coffee soon and drag you round looking at wedding stuff! I need shoes and have nobody to go with so am probably going to beg you to come to the big wedding fair in Sep with me!

9. poppleminster

juliak

Ooooh, I don't mind hon, anytime! I havn't been to a wedding fayre before and I think I'd love it! :angry:

juliak, Jun 11, 2010
  10. poppleminster

poppleminster

Awesome. You'll have to put your wedding date back as it's most inconvenient to have it so soon when the wedding fayre is after the wedding! LOL OMG you sooooooo don't have long to go! Hurrah!

11. poppleminster

juliak

I know, it's gonna be here before I know it, I have got so much to do......
    Doesn't help that Jakob has now got the pox, although it does mean that Spence has had to go sick from work again as I still can't lift Jake at the mo! I think Spence is secretly pleased though as he's meant to be on nights :angry: !
    I won't need to put the wedding back love, I will probably still buy stuff, lol! Anyway, it means we can concentrate on you!
    xx

juliak, Jun 11, 2010
  12. poppleminster

poppleminster

awwww what have you got left to do? Anything we can do to help or are you ok? Between your op, the ankle and now the pox - I admire your strength!

13. poppleminster

MrsMay2011

Hey popplemeister, what an amazing find for your venue. Just a thought, it's usual for most hotels to provide a certain number of discounted rooms for weddings guests. evil plan : Why not just say to people that this is the case with the manor house. Tell the people who you'd most like to be staying there that there are X number of rooms available at the venue at the discount price of eg £50 and they can have first dibs. if they want a room say you'll book them all together and get them to put the £ in your account. That way they'll be made up to be able to stay somewhere so lovely, and also convenient for the wedding at such a low price, and you get to avoid any awkwardness asking people to pay. We recently went to a wedding at a golf club - nowhere near as nice as your venue - and paid £115 to stay overnight. £50 would be nothing.
    Although maybe you are less willing to deceive your friends and family than me :blink:

MrsMay2011, Jun 11, 2010
  14. poppleminster

poppleminster

LOL I'll just get you to do it for me heehee

15. poppleminster

MrsBoucher2B2012

Im liking the gatecrash idea ladies. That really is an amazing bargain poppleminster. The hotel we are hoping to have our reception at is giving us as many discounted rooms as we will need so i think people will have to pay about £60 for a room, it helps it is a small slightly out of the way hotel and golf club according to H2B.

We all have to try and meet up one day it would be great to talk to you all in person.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 11, 2010
  16. poppleminster

poppleminster

Well when travelodge do their next £9 room promotion we can all bundle into one and have a big fluffy wedding weekend LOL

17. poppleminster

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

Ooo I am real;ly up for a big meet up. Good ides about the £9 rooms popple. Really think it should be a sensible hen do & we can all relax & just talk weddings all the time. Doesn't matter whether you have had your hen do or not its a multy hen party!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 12, 2010
  18. poppleminster

MrsBoucher2B2012

One slightly tiny detail ladies we all live all over the place it could be a mission to get us all in one place at the same time but other than that i think its a great idea.[​IMG]

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 12, 2010
  19. poppleminster

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

True but its nice to dream :) :) xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 12, 2010
  20. poppleminster

juliak

Come on ladies, if we all put our minds to it it's doable (another new word for the bigday dictionary me thinks!)
    I think it would be wicked fun though!
    xxx

juliak, Jun 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question