Readings For A Civil Ceremony

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by Becky, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Becky

MrsGroves2B

Chris' brother and sister-in-law had two readings I think, one was an extract from his sister-in-law's favourite book, and I forget the other. I can't remember the book she had an extract from, but even something like The Wind in the Willows is suitable.

Or even write something yourself, about feelings about each other, nothing major, nothing long but make it a bit of a story. Its not a reading but for our first Valentine's Day I wrote out how we got together as a little story, but from third person view (Rebecca and Christopher .... and not I met Chris...). We're going to print this as everyone loved it- we still have the original, albeit falling apart now! All Chris' family read it at his 21st Birthday party a couple of weeks later, but we're going to print out a few copies and have it in the middle of the tables as mini centre pieces for everyone to read.

xx

MrsGroves2B, Aug 5, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

carpevinum

I found this recently and am seriously considering it for my wedding. It is not "poetic" I suppose, but I like the sentiment.

When We Marry Wisely
    by J.A. Stewart

We do not usually associate romantic love with friendship, but the qualities that make a good friend are essential to the foundations of a strong marriage. We look forward to time spent with our friends. We share common interests, appreciate their company, and can relax and confide in them. This is also what we should expect in marriage, for the alternative is unthinkable. The excitement of first love transitions into something more enduring as we face the inevitable changes life brings, changes that only true friendship can help navigate us through. When we marry, we tell the world we love this person unconditionally and will from this moment on, regard the other as our first and highest priority. When we marry well, we join our lives, not with the person we cannot live without, but with the person we would never want to live without. When we marry wisely, we unite in common purpose with our most important confidant, companion, and playmate. We marry our best friend.

carpevinum, Feb 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

Becky

That's a great quote! I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment of it, and wedding readings don't need to be poetic.

Oh and welcome to the forums! :)

Becky, Feb 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question