Prince William And His Wedding Ring

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsBrown, Apr 2, 2011.

1. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Apparently Prince William is not going to wear a wedding ring after they are married. It got me and hubbie talking as he had initally stated he wasnt sure he wanted one, so we got a cheaper one than mine for the wedding (no point paying a fortune if he was never going to wear it!). He now wears it all the time and says he has got used to it, but I just wondered how common it is or men not to wear rings these days? Are any grooms of b2b not wearing rings?or even any brides?

My Dad has a wedding ring but never wears it and my grandparents couldnt afford rings when they got married so never bothered.

P.s Hubbie did try to loose his wedding ring in the sea on our honeymoon, it slipped of his finger so maybe he was really tring to loose it!! (a woman with a snorkle found it for him- luckily!)

MrsBrown, Apr 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

Frogbitch

My dad wears two!
    He lost his original one at work and then refused to take it's replacement one off when the old one turned up.

Frogbitch, Apr 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

poppleminster

Just asked Ben, he's unsure. Don't think he'd thought about it yet :)

I'd be happy with just an engagement ring as my wedding ring as I dislike the idea of wearing two.

poppleminster, Apr 2, 2011
  4. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

I want both and Neil's said he definitely wants one. His Dad wore his everyday until a couple of years ago when his finger started to swell up as it had gotten too tight as he'd put weight on as he'd got older. So after 30 odd years of marriage he had to get it cut off at the hospital! My friend got married this time last year and she has both, but generally only wears one of them, as she says wearing two rings on her short fingers makes her hands look old! :)

MrsC2Be, Apr 2, 2011
  5. MrsBrown

Mrsg2b2011

I've always worn two. Mark bought me an eternity ring when I had Ryan, then 3 months later we got engaged & I wore my eternity ring on top of my engagemant ring. But when I got my wedding ring it looks too much having three on one finger as they all have diamnods in (you know me & sparklers) so I am now wearing my engagement ring on my other hand so I will wear my engagement ring and wedding band together.
    Mark will wear his band, he didn't last time he was married. This time we got a titanium ring & it spins too!! He wanted sometthing different & a bit funky so he got it lol xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Apr 3, 2011
  6. MrsBrown

Becky

Ian will be wearing one, but it has taken a lot of persuasion. He doesn't wear any other jewellery apart from a watch and wasn't sure how he would feel about wearing one... I'm sure he'll get used to it though :lol:

Becky, Apr 3, 2011
  7. MrsBrown

MrsBoucher2B2012

me and gareth will both have two, i got him an engagement ring as our engagement is a tiny bit long, not sure what he is going to do with his engagement ring once we are married though.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Apr 3, 2011
  8. MrsBrown

Sez

simon has an engagement ring too, he said he will probably wear it on the other hand

Sez, Apr 4, 2011
  9. MrsBrown

Helen

My dad has never worn a ring that I can remember. He was a farmer and so not practical to do so although I have no idea if he ever had one. My mum had her engagement ring stolen before I was born so I have never seen that either. She did wear her wedding ring until she had me and her fingers swelled up and she hasn't worn it since.

My oh is not having one. He is also a farmer so would be not practical for him on a daily basis and I'm not really that bothered whether he has one or not. I like jewellery and I have always worn a ring or two since I was about 15 although I don't wear them everyday for work, gardening, riding etc but I do wear them when I go out somewhere. I'm intending to wear my engagement ring alongside my wedding band for going out etc although I did choose one that looks good by itself in case I ever change my mind about that!

My oh, as far as I know his dad didn't have a wedding ring and has never worn one (probably for the same reason of it not being practical) but his mum wore her wedding ring for as long as I knew her.

One of my friends got her man an engagement ring when they got engaged, until she did that I'd never heard of a man having an engagement ring. Do you think this is a new trend? Or is it an older one that is resurfacing?

Helen, Apr 6, 2011
  10. MrsBrown

MrsMay2011

I know this isn't very forward thinking of me, but I think a man's engagement ring is a little odd :( but maybe because my brain keeps returning to the image of a solitaire diamond ring!

My BM's husband doesn't wear a ring, they bought a cheap metal one to exchange on the wedding day, but aside from that one day, he's never worn one.

It was never really debated with OH we both just assumed he would, although he did say he thought it looked strange at first when we tried some on. We went for a big thick one in the end, like 8mm, as he's tall with quite big hands so anything smaller just looked too dainty. At first he said he just wanted a plain one, but he got quite in to it when he saw the choices and has gone with a slightly unusual one with bevelled edges and a matt finish. He's quite pleased now, which is nice.

My dad has a signet ring for a wedding ring, in silver though. My mum did have a ruby engagement ring originally, but after about 20years it was replaced (I'm not sure how much of this was my dad's idea - probably none whatsoever!) with BLING! She's got this massive diamond cluster ring with about 15 diamonds in a sort of flat cone shape (how terrible a description is that?!) Do you know what I mean!?!

I don't know how I'd feel about changing my engagement ring, is it something anyone would consider in years to come? I think the original one would mean to much to me. Even if I was presented with the option to "upgrade" it, this is the one he chose and propsed with etc?

x

MrsMay2011, Apr 7, 2011
  11. MrsBrown

Helen

I don't think I would 'upgrade' my engagement ring even if we won euromillions :( . I love how different it is and it was made specially for me so I know there isn't another one out there. It isn't very valuable in terms of money but it is in how I feel about it if that makes any sense!

Helen, Apr 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question