Potential New Venues...

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by Helen, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Helen

Helen

Not been on for a while as been frantically searching for a venue we actually like!

Having real trouble as we really want an outdoor ceremony and everyone wants to do the whole package and we want to do our own thing and have our own food and drink and entertainment.

We are going to look at a potential place on Tuesday and I've also got a couple of back up plans to try. The only problem is none of them are going to result in a legal marriage :D oh well I will have to worry about that after we can get the wedding we want sorted lol :D

Helen, Aug 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

Becky

Oh what a pain, I'm sorry to hear it's proving tricky to sort! Hope the visit tomorrow goes well - let us know how you get on! :D

Becky, Aug 30, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

Helen

Went and looked at the venue on Tuesday.

Don't know what to do now lol.

The venue is fine, we can do exactly what we want so in that respect it is perfect. But they are booked up the week we wanted it so after much ado we decided to have it a week later which isn't really a problem for me but means Matt will have to work the day before and the day after now. My main problem is the band I set my heart on have emailed me and said they will be on holiday and can't do our wedding so we are both pretty gutted about that. The only other problem is that the venue is on the flood plain... Our wedding would be in May so chances of it flooding then are small but it is a worry all the same.

Sooooo now I don't know whether to try and find another venue for the day we wanted in the first place and see if we can have the band that day instead.

Helen, Sep 1, 2010
  4. Helen

MrsBrown

Hi,

its a hard one.. firstly I would ask yourself what is the most important thing for you? we all have to make compromises but which are important to you...

Does H2b really want to work the day after you get married? can he do anything about this?
    When are the band free? do the venue have any dates for then.. even if it is moving back or forward a bit?
    Regarding the flood, has it been flooded before.. what are the chances? what I am getting at is anywhere could be flooded, burn down etc etc but what are the risks. I am sure a viable business is not going to cope wit loosing trade every year to flooding??

your other options are finding another venue and I guess that depends on how much you liked it and how much you will compromise on the other stuff? do you have any other venues in mind, if so you could go compare and then right a list of pros and cons with each to help you make your decison.

good luck

MrsBrown, Sep 1, 2010
  5. Helen

LeFleur

I thinkt the same. My sister is using : http://www.squaremea...nd_Country_Club, She is looking for venue for wedding in Manchester ; ) next year on summer. Try this site, maybe it will be helpful.

LeFleur, Oct 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question