Pocket Watches

Discussion in 'Best Buys and Bargains' started by MrsC2Be, Jul 26, 2010.

1. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Anyone got any suggestions for where I can get a load of antique-looking pocket watches for super cheap? They don't even have to work, because I only want to use them as part of the table decorations to go with the Alice in Wonderland theme. I've had a look on ebay, but they tend to be ones that are new/restored and are therefore stupid money for stuff to use for table decs!

I'm also going to get a super-shiny one for Neil for the big day and I'd quite like one incorporated into my bouquet,. (I'm useless and can't figure out how to put pictures on posts, so when I finally figure it out I'll stick one up!)

MrsC2Be, Jul 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsC2Be

poppleminster

I am going to the re-cycling centre later so will have a look for you. I'm looking for old cameras there to make a display of old cameras on the table where the polaroid will be :(

poppleminster, Jul 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

That would be amazing, thankyou. I guess I'm going to have to keep an eye out in all the charity shops I ever come across ever. I need to find me one of these recycling centres you've got, it sounds amazing!

MrsC2Be, Jul 26, 2010
  4. MrsC2Be

poppleminster

recycling centre

If you call your local council and ask for the recycling / waste department then ask if they have a license to sell the recyclable goods to save them from the landfill, they will be able to tell you the license holder and their business address :) Most of the centres are realloy cheap as they have such a high volume of stock. Some councils run the shops themselves at the site of the tip but others make traders compete for the license and the result is a warehouse like ours here in Exeter. I love it, you never know what you'll find, some of the furniture is amazing.

Worth noting nothing has ever been near food waste! This is stuff from the tip where people take household goods only and it is split into scrap metals and stuff that can be re-used or re-cycled.

5. MrsC2Be

poppleminster

Check out their gallery pages - it's an awesome place! Humungeous :) I have quite a few cupboards from there and bookshelves. I have an aversion to anything not wood or solid so get all my 1040's ish dresser tops that I have in my kitchen there and all my le creuset pans and casserole dishes, my old mason & cash mixing bowls, my denby etc etc. I LOVE the place as i'd never afford that stuff any other way.

6. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

I will make it my project to find out if there's one near us, could defo be worth investigating.

I work in wilmslow, surrounded by over-rich spoilt people, so really I need to start raiding the charity shops, these people are so wasteful there must be immense bargains!

MrsC2Be, Jul 26, 2010
  7. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

ok, so if I'm right, you should be able to see a picture. That's what I want to do with my bouquet and said pocket watch :)

I figured it out, I'm secretly a genius and I didn't know (with the help of MrsBoucher2b!!) xx

Attached Files:

MrsC2Be, Jul 27, 2010
  8. MrsC2Be

poppleminster

Haven't been able to go to re-cycling centre but akm going today. Will update you later, Ben says he saw at least one there without the insides but you can't tell that from the outside. :)

poppleminster, Jul 27, 2010
  9. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Ace, thankyou :) x

MrsC2Be, Jul 27, 2010
  10. MrsC2Be

MrsBoucher2B2012

that looks great. Im having a locket attached to mine, it was a gift for my 21st from the in laws and inside it i want to put a picture of my dad who died when i was little and a picture of my nan who was a fantastic person and role model to me.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jul 27, 2010
  11. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

That's so lovely :)

MrsC2Be, Jul 27, 2010
  12. MrsC2Be

Mrs T2B (Kel)

I got one for my brother off eBay - from China... watch was £4.99 plus £4 postage. They did combined postage too for multiple purchases . The bonus thing was the watch also works etc.

vintage watch search on eBay

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jul 28, 2010
  13. MrsC2Be

MrsC2Be

Ok, that's good to know. Although I'd only need a couple that work for me and Neil, the others don't even have to work, coz they'll just be for decoration

MrsC2Be, Jul 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question