Plan Number 357B Lol This Is Finally The One!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Helen, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Helen

Helen

Our planning so far...! (Excited lol :) )

Ok... After lots and lots of debate and many potential plans we have finally chosen what we are doing woohoo :)

As many of you know we really wanted to get married outside so we have chosen to have our ceremony in Canada :D We will be flying out to Calgary at the end of April and then getting married on 5th May 2011 somewhere outside near Banff :D :D :D We just have to fax back the deposit for this tomorrow and then it will be booked (providing we can decide what to do about the small print - see my other post...). We thought we would go by ourselves as when we previously mentioned this to parents they weren't overly keen, however now they are expressing an interest in coming so we will wait and see if we go on our own or if our parents and the best men will be coming too.

These are some of the options we can choose for our ceremony...
    Bow Falls 3.jpg
    Two Jack Lake 4.JPG

Once we are back we are going to have a meal and a party for all our family and friends, this will be on June 29, soooo I get two wedding days and two days to wear my dress! :lol: :D

Helen, Oct 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

Becky

That looks AMAZING!! :)

I can tell you are going to have some incredible wedding photos - what a setting! I'm really pleased that you've made some plans :)

Becky, Oct 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

poppleminster

I'm so glad for you! I know how much you wanted to go somewhere. Brilliant news :)

poppleminster, Oct 17, 2010
  4. Helen

MrsC2Be

Wow that looks beautiful. Brilliant photo ops. Yay for getting it sorted :) x

MrsC2Be, Oct 17, 2010
  5. Helen

Mrsg2b2011

Oh thats brilliant hun, I am so so happy that everything is working out for you xxxx

Mrsg2b2011, Oct 17, 2010
  6. Helen

MrsBrown

those phots look amazing, cant wait to see yours!

MrsBrown, Oct 17, 2010
  7. Helen

ilovepink1984

Oh yay, so glad you get to go to Canada after all and that its all worked out for you.

And 2 wedding days - I need to find something else to go to where I can wearmy wedding dress - such a shame to just shove it in the loft!! :) xxx

ilovepink1984, Oct 17, 2010
  8. Helen

MrsBoucher2B2012

it sounds great hun

your second day is a year before mine so almost a date twin

MrsBoucher2B2012, Oct 17, 2010
  9. Helen

Helen

Soooo excited now :D

Will add a few extra pics....

My dress
    flower dress green.jpg

With petticoat
    raspberry petti.jpg

My shoes
    rapunzel-aqua-300(1).jpg
    I will also need some flat ones for Canada depending on where we choose for the ceremony so I will have to go shoe shopping (what a shame lol :lol: )

My sisters bridesmaid skirt (she has a white top and shrug that goes with it)
    bridesmaid skirts.jpg

I've not decided what to do about flowers in Canada yet. This is something I made up to match my dress so may have a bouquet for our party in the UK like this...
    bouquet2.jpg

Ring cushion :lol: I did think of having this as my bouquet in Canada but oh said no :D
    99_cone_full.jpg

Helen, Oct 18, 2010
  10. Helen

Helen

The UK bit!

The invites I've made for our uk bit, on the back they will have a pale green paper with all the info on
    August 2010 135.jpg

Our UK venue aka 'the shed' excuse all the people and things it will just be picnic tables outside a marquee lining inside when I start......
    July 2010 003.jpg

I'm in the process of making bunting in greens white pink and purple so will take some pics of that later.

I've also got some white metal jugs for the flowers on tables, we are going to have long tables rather than round ones with about 3 flower jugs on each.

We also have some green heart shaped balloons that I may put in the gaps down the tables between the flowers or not depending on how I think it looks lol.

For the groom and best men (there are two) they will have black or poss dark grey suits with these waistcoats and pale green tie. (all 3 are dairy farmers)
    cows-waistcoat-lg.jpg

Then the dads will have matching pale green ties with a different waistcoat. I'm going to let my dad choose the waistcoat for them both so don't have pics yet...

I've also got some green tractor balloons that we will have outside along the fence and some outdoor bunting.

I'm making some giant garden games to play so we will have those outside (hopefully) if the weather is bad there is a separate room off the main room we can put these in.

We are also getting some polka dot and ice cream print parasols for the picnic tables.

The cake is going to be huge and I'll be making it myself from an idea I've had and I've never seen anything similar so you will have to wait and see for that one :lol: :D It will have fruit cake, choc cake and lemon tiers :D

We are having day and evening guests to our UK bit. The day guests we are feeding a buffet of beef, new potatoes and bits and bobs and (very randomly) macoroni cheese as I love this! We wanted to have jelly and ice cream with loads of different toppings for pud but I'm worried this will be hard to get the right numbers for and might have difficultly keeping it all frozen so we may look into having an ice cream van instead (does anyone know how much that costs?)

We going to have the speaches at the UK bit rather than in Canada.

Writing it down I've decided I'm more organised than I thought lol

One of ohs friends is going to take some photos for us in the UK. We are hoping to have a couple of our Canada pics back and hung on the wall at the reception. :lol:

Helen, Oct 18, 2010
  11. Helen

MrsC2Be

You're so organised. I love the sound of it all! Ice cream van is a great idea, I have no idea how much they cost tho, sorry!

I love your dress and shoes and bm's skirt and everything else, its all great. The UK bit sounds fantastic and you get two wedding days, hooray :D

MrsC2Be, Oct 18, 2010
  12. Helen

poppleminster

Loving your plans. The dress and shoes are awesome. I love that brand, I want the kitty boots they have on their current range. :D

poppleminster, Oct 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question