Pill Advice Needed Please

Discussion in 'Pregnancy, Babies and Children' started by MrsBoucher2B2012, Nov 22, 2010.

1. MrsBoucher2B2012

Becky Administrator

I'm really pleased to hear that (that your problem is solved that is, not that you rattle when you walk...) :)

Becky, Oct 28, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

i take so many vitamin and iron tablets along with my pill that i also rattle

MrsBoucher2B2012, Oct 30, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBoucher2B2012

Frogbitch

I just read my last post here from a year ago, and I can tell you that I was definitely being a bit optomistic then!

Since that post, I feel like I've just had one looooooong period.

I've changed the pill I've been taking a number of times, and tried different doses, but nothing seemed to work......until now.

For the first time in two years I'm having regular periods. They're slightly more often then I'd like, and very heavy, but knowing what to expect, and when, is a huge weight off my mind.

The only real downside is that I'm getting some period pain, which I haven't had since I was a teenager.

Does anyone take water retention tablets to coincide with their cycle? Just wondering if it might be worth trying.

Frogbitch, Sep 17, 2012
  4. MrsBoucher2B2012

Becky Administrator

I'm glad you've found something you are happier with, despite the downsides. Which one are you on at the moment out of interest? I've never tried water retention tablets I'm afraid so can't help there.

Becky, Sep 17, 2012
  5. MrsBoucher2B2012

iPrincess26

No idea about the water retention tablets but would be intrested to know if they work, glad you finally seem to have found something that works! I had a panic this week as normally I get nothing unless I have a week break from my pill (microgynon 30) and then it is 3 days, light and no cramp, but this week I have been terribly bloated and had intense cramps and it lasted a week (apologies to those with sensitive stomachs for the next bit - but it was very clotty and dark too) seems to have stopped now after about 8-9 days will see if it happens again and get it checked out if it does - thinking it was just a build up as I've not had a break between packs for ages!

iPrincess26, Sep 17, 2012
  6. MrsBoucher2B2012

Becky Administrator

I think you are right - I used to get heavier periods when I was on Microgynon 30 and skipped the 7 day break. It catches up with you! Hopefully it will be all back to normal next month :)

Becky, Sep 17, 2012
  7. MrsBoucher2B2012

iPrincess26

That's good to know - gave me a bit of a fright especially as it lasted so long! seems to be over now, so hopefully back to normal! No BigDay baby wanted here!

iPrincess26, Sep 17, 2012
  8. MrsBoucher2B2012

Helen

I agree with Becky - I had the same with Microgynon 30.

Helen, Sep 19, 2012
  9. MrsBoucher2B2012

nahatalie

Ah this thread scares me...sorry to hear about all the problems people have had with various pills!

Like any bride, I'd don't want to be "on" for our wedding day or the two weeks after for our honeymoon. I'm not on any hormonal control, as I found it gave me mood swings, increased my appetite and lowered libido. I really don't want to go back on it, or any other hormonal control, but I do want to ensure I am not on for that time! i was going to just take two packs back to back after the period closest to before the wedding, if that makes sense, but I'm worried about getting spots, or lowered libido, or it not having the desired effect of skipping a period! Argh, don't know what to do. I could ask the doctor I suppose, but I'm afraid I'll be considered a time waster as this is for such a superficial reason!

nahatalie, Sep 19, 2012
  10. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBrown

Have you got an app on your mobile that tells you when your period is due? I had one and you type in length of cycle/ dates and it works out when you are due, you can work out if you are due on about that time. I was due on on my wedding day according to app, but kept an eye on it and length of my cycle changes so I came on 4 days after. I wasn't on the pill or anything though.

If your not due on any time near then not to worry, I presume your periods are more controlled in dates on the pill? if you are due on, how about talking to practice nurse nearer the time? Or book a pill review.. They will have heard it before!

I came on on honeymoon, wasn't the best but it had to come sometime and we were wanting to try for a baby so didn't want to take anything.

MrsBrown, Sep 24, 2012
  11. MrsBoucher2B2012

Frogbitch

I use the I-period app.
    I use it to keep a record of my periods and also my weight.

Since I last posted here, my cycle has gone haywire again. Grrrr.

I also have a pelvic ultrasound to look forward to today. :(

Frogbitch, Sep 26, 2012
  12. MrsBoucher2B2012

Becky Administrator

Hope it all goes well. Is it so they can get to the root of your problems?

Becky, Sep 26, 2012
  13. MrsBoucher2B2012

Frogbitch

Not really, just a follow up to check on some cysts.

Looks like I'll have to cancel my appointment anyway as my lift to the hospital just backed out.
    I'm not prepared to pay a fortune in a taxi just for a check up.

Frogbitch, Sep 26, 2012
  14. MrsBoucher2B2012

Becky Administrator

Oh no, what a pain! Is there no public transport?

Becky, Sep 26, 2012
  15. MrsBoucher2B2012

Frogbitch

Getting a bus there would be a nightmare.

I've rearranged the appointment for next month.

Frogbitch, Sep 26, 2012
  16. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsBoucher2B2012

I came off microgynon 30 back in december simply because i was a mood cow on them. I had something similar with the bleeding on it in Jan 2011 but the bleeding lasted nearly 3 weeks and was in fact a miscarriage. I have so little faith in the pill these days it was the second type i have fallen pregnant on.
    My favourite thing about being pregnant so far during the morning sickness phase is the lack of periods.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Oct 3, 2012
  17. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsGroves2B

I know this thread is old but just noticed it!

I'm also on Microgynon 30, been on it nearly 3 years now. I was told this was the most common one when I went on it. I know of a few stories on them but I've personally have experienced no problems. I've skipped a few 7 day breaks, mainly due to forgetting to take them, but never forgotten to take more than one day (missed 3 in a month but not on consecutive days). I know someone who has missed about 3 tablets in a row and had like a mini period as her body thought it was a break in her cycle. I also know of someone (same person actually) who once carried over her pill for about 3 months so never had a period in that time because her partner at the time was working in the RAF and didn't know when she'd see him, and said never again! She was so hormonal apparently! I've carried over a few times but never more than once at a time.

I missed my tablet on Saturday, which is normally fine, but my pack finishes on Friday and they say have 7 continuous tablets, even if it means carrying over to the next pack, on Friday it will be 6 days. I don't want to carry it over as I have worked it out that my periods will be perfect for the wedding, if I carry it over I'll stop taking them on the wedding day and will have my period for the honeymoon, which I don't want, so I plan on stopping them as normal on Friday (its only 1 day). I also want to carry on taking them on the next packet as I'll be due on the day we come home from our honeymoon or the day before, so was carrying on that one to be sure.

I can't see it being a problem having 6 continuous tablets instead of 7, if you lost a tablet you finished taking them a day early, so its a similar thing really, and (forgive the graphic details here) he uses precaution as well as me on the pill.

Anyone else had a similar thing where they missed a tablet near the end of their pack but still finished the pack on the normal date rather than carry the pack over?

xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 5, 2013
  18. MrsBoucher2B2012

Becky Administrator

I think I've done that before... you are running a small risk, but if you are using extra precautions then I would have thought it will be fine!

Becky, Jun 5, 2013
  19. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsGroves2B

I'm on the phone as we speak to NHS Direct for clarification as that particular pill is the 3rd I'd missed in the pack (not together), but I'd have thought using extra precautions would be ok.

MrsGroves2B, Jun 5, 2013
  20. MrsBoucher2B2012

MrsGroves2B

Well, that was weird, I've taken her advice, she's just told me to take Saturday's now, and carry on as normal tonight and it wont harm me at all. I can finish them as normal on Saturday. I took it when I was on the phone, which was fine. I said is that ok even after already taking Sunday, Monday and Tuesday's as normal and she said yes, we tell everyone to take it even if it means taking 2 on the same day, it wont harm, its the same dosage across the pack. I worry something terrible with medication, so I will take her advice but will panic! I said I was worried about it being like 3 tablets in the space of around 24 hours (think of it as having Tuesday's around 7pm, just had one now at 10.30am, then my next one at around 7pm again) and she said don't worry its fine, you wont overdose, you're playing catch-up.

I may take my tablet for tonight a little later to be certain though, around 9-10pm! I really do panic on these things!

xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question