Personal Vows

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by juliak, Jul 13, 2010.

1. juliak

juliak

Are any of you ladies writing your own vows to go alongside the traditional ones?

Just realised I've got 17 days to sort out my vows that are personal to us, funny in places and also tender and loving.

If anyone has any ideas on the tender and loving and any funny (suitable) vows, i'd be very grateful. Once I get started I usually go great guns, but just can't start....AAAARRRGGH!!!!!

juliak, Jul 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. juliak

Mrsg2b2011

Oh I love personal vows! I will have a think and let you know :D . 17 days!!! Eeek I remember when you had 30odd!!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. juliak

MrsBoucher2B2012

i would be too nervous to read out personal vows but will have a think for you

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jul 14, 2010
  4. juliak

iPrincess26

We weren't going to but once all the info came after we gave notice we decided we wanted a bit more than just the standard - think we are going to look on line for inspiration to start us off and then take it from there!

iPrincess26, Jul 14, 2010
  5. juliak

juliak

That's exactly how we felt when we saw the standard vows. Plus my mum has decided that it's be really, really nice to do (mum's way of making us do it, bless her)!
    I'm thinking the internet for a nudge in the right direction too. If you come across any really good and/or helpful sites can you let me know and i'll do the same for you. Thanks Amy!
    Love Juxx

juliak, Jul 14, 2010
  6. juliak

juliak

I think I've just finished my vows to Spence!! I'll need to run it past my friend on Wed night or tomorrow maybe! I'm quite excited about them! x

juliak, Jul 19, 2010
  7. juliak

poppleminster

awwwwwwwwww I love the idea of personal vows. Just don't make them too long to memorise :)

poppleminster, Jul 19, 2010
  8. juliak

juliak

I'm hoping it'll be alright but will probably take a little card with it written on just in case as I know i'll get all nervous and teary and forget everything!

juliak, Jul 19, 2010
  9. juliak

VikingWife

I am in the same boat...18 days...have written some but can't choose from them :)

VikingWife, Jul 19, 2010
  10. juliak

juliak

I didn't know where to start but I put down some words and sentences that I wanted then had an idea about putting in some lyrics from one of Spences' favourite songs, then a bit of fun, then jiggled them all around til I was happy with the result. It only took me half an hour - don't know if that's a good thing or not, i'll keep looking back at it over the next couple of days and run it past my friend and see how I feel about it then!
    Good Luck x

juliak, Jul 19, 2010
  11. juliak

Mrsg2b2011

Glad you have it sorted hun! Well done you. Think the fact it only took half an hour is a good thing. Means you knoew what you wanted to say & it just came right out. You didn't have to dig deep to see what you feel. if that makes sense? xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 20, 2010
  12. juliak

juliak

Thanks sweetie, that's how I feel. I do keep looking back at it and am still happy with it. My friends coming over tonight now instead so will run it past her too. Didn't really want to show anyone but think it'll be for the best, just in case!!! :)

juliak, Jul 20, 2010
  13. juliak

juliak

Ok, definitely sticking with my vows and have e-mailed them to the registry office!
    I'm really pleased with them and my friend, who knows Spence very well, thinks they are perfect for us. The song that i've incorporated is Pigs On The Wing (parts 1&2) by Pink Floyd and i've added the song to the ceremony music. x

juliak, Jul 28, 2010
  14. juliak

MrsC2Be

I'm sure they'll be perfect, personal vows are always so lovely. It's so close for you now! Good luck with everything x

MrsC2Be, Jul 29, 2010
  15. juliak

juliak

Thank you MrsC, that's very sweet of you! x

juliak, Jul 29, 2010
  16. juliak

ilovepink1984

All sounds perfect hun. Bet you are so excited now - in between the nerves! Have a fab day sweetie, will be thinking of you xxx

ilovepink1984, Jul 29, 2010
  17. juliak

Mrsg2b2011

Aah well done hun. You will have to write up a copy in your wedding report! How lovely that you have both done that though. Think i owuld probably sob all the way through if I done my own xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question