Outdoor Wedding Venue

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by Helen, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Helen

Helen

We are trying to find a wedding venue that will let us hold our actual wedding ceremony outside. B)

If you know of any venues that can offer this facility please let me know! :D

In England and Wales I know you can only get married in a registered building but there are some venues that have permanent structures in the gardens or grounds that are registered so you can essentially be outside. Please help me to track them down! :blink:

I know that Consall Hall Gardens offer this on their pool terrace but we are keen to look at some other venues to compare. :unsure:

We will consider anywhere in the country but our preferences are anywhere in the Midlands and Lincolnshire and Powys and Shropshire. :)

We do not want to go down the route of getting married first and having a blessing or something outdoors. ;)

Helen, Aug 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

Mrsg2b2011

Hi hun. I probably wom't be of much help but I know Leez Priory in Essex lets you get married in their archway, so get married there & your guests sit outside. Leez Priory

Will keep my eye out for anymore xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

MrsC2Be

Will keep an eye out for you. It sounds like a lovely idea x

MrsC2Be, Aug 10, 2010
  4. Helen

FlowerCo

Hello!

I did one at Gosfield hall in Essex, it was stunning!
    IMG_3380.JPG
    IMG_3387.JPG

let me know if you want more details

Zoe x

FlowerCo, Aug 10, 2010
  5. Helen

Helen

Thanks ladies! Been looking at all sorts I'm knackered now and no further on than before :) :unsure:

Keep the ideas rolling in.

I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of places and I've also started looking at Scotland as you can get married anywhere you like there, why isn't the rest of the UK like that!!! ;)

Helen, Aug 10, 2010
  6. Helen

LoubieLou

cause that would make life easier lol x

LoubieLou, Aug 10, 2010
  7. Helen

Helen

Some time ago about 2005 ish when I was originally thinking of getting married (omg where does the time go!) I heard that the government were thinking of changing the law in England and Wales to make it like Scotland as in you would be able to get married anywhere with the person being registered rather than the place, whatever happened to that? Wondering if it is likely to happen? That would make things sooooooo much easier!

Helen, Aug 11, 2010
  8. Helen

rainbowbride

lythe hill hotel in surrey has a gazebo which looked v pretty decked up with fairy lights, by a lake.

offley place in hertfordshire has a gazebo in a rose garden although tbh when I was there the roses weren't up to too much and the gazebo style thingy is fully enclosed, unlike lythe hill which was v pretty.

rainbowbride, Aug 11, 2010
  9. Helen

Mrsg2b2011

Also Tewin Bury farm hotel? Think that has a gazebo you can get wed under xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question