Outdoor Giant Games

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsMoo2Be, Jun 25, 2010.

1. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

We are looking to making the wedding lots of fun!! So we thought of giant games out in the garden, there is already a park/climbing frame thing there and a big slide which I will clean and slide down in my dress!! he he

Any ways my mum has got a giant jenga already & I have brought from avon a giant snakes and ladders!

What other games could we get, and where to buy cheap. Everywhere is so expensive.. going to have another look on ebay in a minute!

We did see a giant limbo on there.... then my mum said oh your dad can make it (his services are always offered out..... err not like that hes a carpenter lol)
    Last night on the phone my mum said he has already made the limbo in work!!!! Only asked him a few weeks ago... said no rush you have till next June lol

So any one else doing anything like this? or have any ideas of a good place to buy them from??

Thanks Vikki xxxx :)

MrsMoo2Be, Jun 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsMoo2Be

Frogbitch

Our hotel is supplying giant Jenga and Connect Four. I did get a very weird look from the wedding coordinator when I asked for them though.

~Didn't I read somewhere here about giant Scrabble?

Frogbitch, Jun 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsMoo2Be

Ian Administrator

What a brilliant idea, it's been years since I've seen a giant jenga - I might have a look in to that myself :)

I've seen a giant connect 4 somewhere, but that might be expensive to hire/rent compared to the others.

edit : just did a search and found what looks like a non-inflatable sturdy one for just under £20: http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&q=giant+connect+4&scoring=p

Ian, Jun 25, 2010
  4. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

I was watching a giant inflatable connect 4 on ebay but forgot I was watching it!!! oops! Oh that would be good..... I was in manchester the other week for soccer aid, and we went to the lowri centre the day after to M&S outlet and I wish I brought it... but I could ask my dad again to make something lol.... they had a coconut shy think it was £15??? but I said to myself bet I can get it cheaper on ebay.... hmmm I should never listen to myself really!!

Thats good the hotel are supplying them... I think it will amuse not just the children but the adults as well!! Hope you gave the wedding coordinator a weird look back lol :) xxxx

MrsMoo2Be, Jun 25, 2010
  5. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

Ohh Thanks Ian!!

That would be much better than a inflatable one!! and only £13.95 fab!!!

I know last year M&S were doing lots of outdoor giant games.. might see if they do this year then wait for the sale!! :)

I was thining twister....... however ripping my dress springs to mind!! As I would have to have a go!!

the idea came from when i first met H2B's daughter she was 16 then.... he hadnt seen her for a while down to a few reasons... so we all went to SIL2B's and step daughter brought her then BF. To break the ice we got out twister and then jenga... was an absolute scream... and I just thought Its june (hopefully sunny) so why not!!

xxxx :D

MrsMoo2Be, Jun 25, 2010
  6. MrsMoo2Be

Frogbitch

No children at my wedding MrsMoo, just lots of geeks!

Frogbitch, Jun 25, 2010
  7. MrsMoo2Be

Helen

Fab ideas :lol:

How about a giant hoopla, all you need is some hulahoops and some stakes to knock into the ground with different scores painted on them :)

I made my giant jenga, all you need is a bit of wood and a saw!

We used to play welly wanging at primary school (can you tell it was a rural school :) :D :) )

Helen, Jun 25, 2010
  8. MrsMoo2Be

I'mAJones

I love the idea of outdoor bowling, wonder if you could get hold of it from somewhere. Giant inflatables are always really popular, especially the drunker people get.

I'mAJones, Jun 25, 2010
  9. MrsMoo2Be

Mrs T2B (Kel)

Hey...

we're having giant games too.. alice in wonderland theme, so looking at croquet, skittles/bowling .... we considered chess but aren't sure if anyone other than us can pla (and even we aren't really any good!)

Hoopla/quoits is another good one... liking the look of that giant connect four though! quick easy game, everyone knows the rules and cheap too! thanks Ian :)

Charlies stores seem quite cheap for garden games, if there's one near you, though you can buy online too - eBay seems to be incredibly expensive for them to be honest, I've been watching them for some time now.

Poundland have giant cards (about 3 times the size of normal cards) for £1 (of course) for 2 packs.. I bought four packs of cards in total .. though I'm mainly using them for decoration.

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 25, 2010
  10. MrsMoo2Be

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

I am loving the idea for giant outdoor games!!! Will defo have to do aswell!!! My sister has inflatable bowling & giant jenga that she gets out whenever there is a party so I am sure she will lend them to me! Will ask her where she got them from incase she knows of anywhere cheap!!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 25, 2010
  11. MrsMoo2Be

flo2310

Saw this thread and had a search and found this website... Giant Garden Games

Was really shocked to see them so cheap... Our venue hires them out at £35 a game!! CRAZY :)

Kel, you may like these Giant Playing Cards on the same site! Very "Alice"! Though not as "Giant" as they possibly could be!! Not sure how big the ones you already have are...

xx

flo2310, Jun 25, 2010
  12. MrsMoo2Be

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

Flo thats such a great find!!! I have saved into my favorites & will be showing Mark when he comes downstairs & bug him till he agrees if he doesn't straight away!!! :) xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question