Our Wedding

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by Mrsg2b2011, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Ok so this is my wedding report. Have no idea where to start so from the beginning of us would probably be good lol. Sorry if it doesn't make sense I am sorry I just typed away lol.

I used to work as an assistant manager for the Post Office. I enjoyed my job but was with someone who was 18 years older than me (no probs with age diff btw) but he was very possesive & controlling and I was probabl acting more like 42 instead of 22! Anyway we were having our problems and were on a long term break! :( so like friends lol.

A girl I worked with really wanted to set me up with her husbands best friend as she was sure that we would click. So she went about organizing us to chat. We spoke on the phone while he was at hers (he used to stay over a lot as he had a 2 hour commute to work and they lived near London so he would go out with her hubby then kip on sofa over night for work the next day. Well as he spoke to me on the phone it was beginning of May 2006 and I was round my friends house as I had booked for us to have a full body massage as a treat for her birthday. We were also fling out to Curacao in the Caribbean on the 13th May. So we were chatting on the phone & he thought I was nice but wondered if I was a bit of a pampered princess because of having a massage etc (yeah I wish lol).

So we started emailing as well and really hit it off. We would speak on the phone for hours. He really wanted to meet me and I wanted to meet him but I wasn't sure if we should wait until I was back from my hols.
    Eventually we decided to meet and it ended up being the Friday before I flew out the early hours of Sat morning lol. Mark has been married before & has a son from it so we couldn't go out so I went to his house! I turned up and we ended up just chatting and laying on the sofa cuddling! Can't believe I then went away for a fortnight!! Was so hard as I know its cliche but I knew i had met the one!

When I came back I went straight to his & we went out for a drink. We just chatted as if we had known each other all of our lives. We then went and picked up his son and that was the 1st time we met as he was asleep when I went to his house the 1st time. He took a shine to me & Mark was so pleased as normally he wouldn't go to anyone but Mark & his mum.

We spent all of our time together and got closer. After a couple of weeks Mark asked if I would like to house hunt with him as he needed to sell his house as besides his son he wanted to cut all ties wit his ex. I jumped at the chance as knew it was the right thing to do. His house took ages to sell and we missed out on so many houses because of it, but every thing happens for a reason.

Mrsg2b2011, Apr 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Mrsg2b2011

MrsBoucher2B2012

more more more[​IMG]

MrsBoucher2B2012, Apr 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Mrsg2b2011

MrsBoucher2B2012

...Please[​IMG]

MrsBoucher2B2012, Apr 14, 2011
  4. Mrsg2b2011

iPrincess26

I'll second that! :)

iPrincess26, Apr 14, 2011
  5. Mrsg2b2011

Becky

Aw, I can tell this is going to be the start of a lovely story :) looking forward to the next instalment!

Becky, Apr 14, 2011
  6. Mrsg2b2011

poppleminster

Awesome so far :) xxxx

poppleminster, Apr 15, 2011
  7. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Eventually Mark's house sold.....or so we thought....it actually turned out to be a bit of a nightmare actually, the people who bought it wanted to do work to it while Mark was still living there. Which Mark was fine with he just wanted rid of the house. Not that it needed much work doing to it mind it just needed redecorating, his ex wife....no sense of style, orange curtains & pink carpets???? Yeah need I say more lol.

As it had been taking so long to sell, Mark put it up with another estate agent, which is the one that sold it to these people. The 1st estate agent then popped up saying that they had shown the couple round 1st so they wanted a %age of the commission!!! :blink: Even though when they showed them round they failed to sell it :D, We were so cross but had no choice!! Then the girl at the very top of the chain got refused a mortgage so of course everything fell through!! So as annoying as it was at the time it was a relieve and a bit of a fingers up to the estate agents.

So back on the market again, but this time it sold without any glitches!! Thank god!!

In between all this Mark lost his dad. He was diagnosed while I was on holiday and he died within 6 weeks of his diagnosis. Such a terribly sad time, but Mark dealt with it incerdibly well and he says he is glad his dad see him truely happy before he died as he had obviously seen Mark go through hell with Tanja but say that Mark was happiest he has ever been with me. He has been around us several times since we are sure....

Mark's dad loved birds & butterflies and would watch them for hours. The tree in their garden always had orange butterflies on in the summer (not sure of their name)

Mark's dad was cremated and his mum wanted to scatter his ashes along the river near where that lived. Due to getting everyone together to do this it wasn't done until theNovember, so we all set off and Mark's mum scattered them as we walked all along the river bank & in the river etc. Then as she scattered the last bit an orange butterfly landed on the exact spot where they were scattered!! In November it is very rare to see butterflies especially to land there! It was so amazing & surreal, tears me up thinking about it and Mark knows to this day that was his dad saying he was happy with his send off.

So in April 2007 we bought our little 2 bed house we are in now and met our wonderful neighbours. They are so kind & we hit it of straight away. They gave us loads of stuff for Ryan when I was pregnant as they had finished having their family. Julie done my make-up for my wedding as a gift to me & their daughter was one of my bridesmaids, so as I say everything is meant to happen for a reason as if we had moved to another house we wouldn't have such good friends.

Mrsg2b2011, Apr 18, 2011
  8. Mrsg2b2011

MrsBrown

We want to hear more of your big day.......................................................!!!!!! We wanna see pics!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsBrown, May 1, 2011
  9. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Ok so we had been together for 3 years when Mark proposed. Ever the romantic lol. We were visiting my sister in sunny bognor and we were laying in bed with Ryan between us when he said asked me if we should get engaged as he hated calling me his girlfriend as it sounded very playgroundish lol so he officially asked me so obvioisly I said yes!!!

We were very excited but didn't think we would bother setting a date but once I got online and started looking at the wedding things I got a little.....well...excited lol.
    So after a chat with Mark we decided we would set a date but not for a while and after a few months he told me he wanted to marry me so he could call me his wife as he never called me his fiancee lol :rolleyes: .

So mid summer 2009 we started looking for places to get married but found everything so expensive!!! Mark asked his mum if we could borrow the money & pay her back a bit every month like a loan, to which she refused point blank leaving us very upset as we had savings but we couldn't justify spending the whole lot on the wedding and besides it wasn't enough even for a small do.

So we decided we would go to Florida & do it. We were really excited and loved looking at the brochures etc but then realised it would be way too expensive for my family to come and if we paid for them we would be in exactly the same situation as if we got married here!

Then Christmas came along & Mark's mum gave us our xmas card....and a cheque for £5000!!!! We were over the moon! What I have since found out was that Mark's brother spoke to her & asked her to lend us the money, she knew we would always pay her back but sometimes she doesn't think properly before saying things.....as many of you know from my previous posts lol!!!

Anyway thanks to heer very kind gift we were able to start looking again and kept looking at Florida but started looking for a venue to have the reception at when we got home.

We found a place called Maison Renouf in Rochford Essex, which we loved so much and worked out so reasonable (cheaper than Florida) that we decided to evertything there!! So we had a date set of 15th April 2011 and we set about setting colour themes etc.

Then...Aug last year I logged onto YAYW (I know I know traitor) I hadn't been on there in ages because I loved it on here too much, and found a message waiting for me in my inbox...from someone warning me against our venue!!!! :eek: I was gutted and messaged the girl who put the post up about the venue. She gave me her number so I called her and she told me all about the crap she had has from them, which included hidden costs, 2 single beds pushed together to form the bridal suite!! WTF???!!!!??? LOL, also the wedding co-ordinator had been sacked, to which I phoned to venue & was told 'she no longer works here' which clarifies that and why wasn't we told she didn't work there anymore?? Something was defo up. After digging deeper we found out it was having money troubles and were going to change their name...which they denied....but I looked them up in the new year....they are now called the Rochford Hotel!! Mmm funny no name change!!! :lol: But to be fair to them they returned our £750 deposit and I haven't heard any bad feedback since so I think it mus6t have all changed. Don't want to put people off of there as it is all different staff now.

So after many tears tantrums and rows we eventually found Blakes Golf Club...our saving grace that didn't blow our budget & actually turned out to be cheaper that the last venue!!! We just knew it was going to be an amazing day.....

Mrsg2b2011, May 7, 2011
  10. Mrsg2b2011

MrsBrown

Oh I remember all that hassle you had about your venue! Cant wait to hear more!

MrsBrown, May 7, 2011
  11. Mrsg2b2011

MrsC2Be

I'd forgotten that bit!

MrsC2Be, May 7, 2011
  12. Mrsg2b2011

poppleminster

yay, looking forward to the next installment. I'd forgotten you had such a venue nightmare! So glad you found the other place and got the deposit back. xxx

poppleminster, May 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question