Our Wedding Report - 27Th June - Nj, Usa

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Rustysgirl

Mrsg2b2011

Oh hun it sounds AMAZING!! You look beautiful & you both look so so happy! Really can't wait for me, please don't make us wait too long!!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Rustysgirl

ilovepink1984

Congratulations sweetie. This is such a romantic and amazing story - travelling thousands of miles for love. So hapy for you and everyhing looks stunning - particularly the flowers. Can't wait for more xxx

ilovepink1984, Aug 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Rustysgirl

Scarlett~lady

wow !!! This report is amazing, what a beautiful story I wish you well in your new life, congrats !!!:)

Scarlett~lady, Aug 23, 2010
  4. Rustysgirl

juliak

What a wonderful, heartfelt, romantic report Rustysgirl. You looked stunning and everything you arranged is so beautiful! Looking forward to the next installment!

I'm being given dirty looks by my husband and son as I should have started dinner ages ago, don't worry, I blamed you.....only joking!

CONGRATULATIONS!

xxx

juliak, Aug 23, 2010
  5. Rustysgirl

Becky

I love the story of how you met - that is incredible! I was addicted as soon as I started reading it!

Congratulations!! You look absolutely stunning, Russ is a lucky guy :)

Looking forward to the next instalment! xxx

Becky, Aug 23, 2010
  6. Rustysgirl

Anon_SA

You were obviously inseparable from the start - in every photograph your faces are glued together!! :)

More more more!

Anon_SA, Aug 24, 2010
  7. Rustysgirl

MrsC2Be

It all looks beautiful and you look fabulous in that dress. What a great story :) x

MrsC2Be, Aug 24, 2010
  8. Rustysgirl

MrsBoucher2B2012

It all looks so amazing

MrsBoucher2B2012, Aug 24, 2010
  9. Rustysgirl

Helen

What a fantastic report! :) You look gorgeous and so happy together :)

Helen, Aug 26, 2010
  10. Rustysgirl

poppleminster

Loving the report and very cool that it all worked out :)

poppleminster, Aug 26, 2010
  11. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

Ahh thank you to everyone for such lovely words! I'm so touched and I'm glad you're all eagerly awaiting the next instalment... Here it comes!

Hi ladies, glad to see you're eagerly awaiting the next instalment. Here goes...

And then the processional started. In true American style, the bridesmaids went first, arm in arm with the ushers and then the flowers girls walked together, scattering petals to the Narnia theme. It was all so beautiful. I looked up into the gazebo to see Russ and all of the guests staring down at me. As my mom couldn’t come to the wedding, I had to walk up the aisle alone... but it was ok, I felt all of my emotions bubbling up as I took my first few steps, but just looked straight forward to see my wonderful new husband waiting for me. That kept me calm, I didn't look anywhere else.

Looking back everything went by in such a blur and everyone seemed to all disappear when Russ started walking towards me. We arranged to meet one another half way and walk the rest together... I will never forget the hug we gave each other when we met at our spot. It was just me and him in the world at that moment and it was perfect. He looked incredible and was shedding a tear. I just couldn’t stop thinking about how lucky I was to be marrying my soulmate. I felt so happy and overwhelmed.

So, we continued to walk up the aisle together to the strings of Canon in D. I had a sneaky glance around and noticed Russ’ excellent planning with the seating arrangements. He did so well! I also noticed his mom Joan, who had come despite being in a wheelchair and driven from her Assisted Living facility home. The officiant Dana, who happened to be heavily pregnant, was wonderful too. The ceremony was so relaxed, yet traditional. We said our vows as we held hands and looked out across the lake together. Then one of my bridesmaids read a poem we chose called Touch the Air Softly by William Jay Smith and before I knew it we had exchanged rings and were announced to everyone as husband and wife!! We did it!

More piccies...

Rustysgirl, Aug 27, 2010
  12. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 27, 2010
  13. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the all important Confetti Shot
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 27, 2010
  14. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

So that was it, and then our amazing photographer took us and the wedding party onto the beach where we took some really fun shots. I was so suprised at how blazen he was though, just telling people 'er, can we have these chairs!?' People soon jumped out of the way though. My petticoat got soaked through in the sea but I didn't care at all. And despite the 30 degree heat, I felt fine in my dress actually. To be honest, even in hot weather you don't really notice feeling uncomfortable, you're just so thrilled to be married! And thats all you can think about! Its an amazing feeling!

Rustysgirl, Aug 27, 2010
  15. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

Fun & Frolicks on the beach
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Me and my bridesmaids
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 27, 2010
  16. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

Meanwhile, our English Afternoon Tea & Pimms was being set up... I had initally planned to oversee all of the setting up with the bridesmaids but it was so hectic, I just didn't have time in the end. I thought it would be far better to have more pictures and so, we stayed at the beach for a few minutes longer instead.

[​IMG]
    Our tables with my labelled English organic honey Jar favours
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Over from the beach, we arrived at the reception and once everyone else was seated, for the first time ever, we were announced as 'Mrs & Mrs Blackwell' to U2's Beautiful Day.
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 27, 2010
  17. Rustysgirl

Becky

LOVE the pictures - amazing!! :)

Looks like you had so much fun, you look like such a gorgeous happy couple! xxx

Becky, Aug 28, 2010
  18. Rustysgirl

iPrincess26

Amazing and Becky summed it up perfectly. xxx :)

iPrincess26, Aug 28, 2010
  19. Rustysgirl

Helen

Gorgeous pics, loving the beach ones they look so much fun! :D

Helen, Aug 29, 2010
  20. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

So... as the reception started we had Pimms to greet our guests as our welcome drink, which went down a storm! Everyone kept coming up to us telling us they loved it and they'd never had it before. I think some didn't even realise it was alcoholic and kept going back for more and more, thinking it was iced tea! Hahaha!

The tables were named after famous couples and the table name cards I also made myself and the favours as I mentioned before, were mini Organic English Honey jars with labels I had made with our names on.

The centerpices were similar to my bouquet with buttermilk coloured Stock, ivory 'Vendela' roses, white freesia and peach 'Charming Unique' roses in square glass vases (which we got to keep!)

As afternoon tea is certainly not the norm in NJ, we had to supply the three tiered cake stands, all of the white tea pots, creamers and sugar bowls ourself. Which was touch and go as they were finally delivered a week before the wedding at the last minute, but they were really reasonably priced. I think we paid about $150 in total for them all from a restaurant catering supply company in the US which was far less than renting!

The afternoon tea itself was organised through the Barclay - they ordered the clotted cream, imported from the UK, from a specialty food store and other sweet treats, scones and pastries from a local bakery. It looked really good and I'm so glad I did it but working in hotel I'm so used to English afternoon tea the way we do it, I don't think the recepetion venue really understood what I meant totally. Sue, the planner, was really excited about finding sausage bread. :) I didn't want to bring her down so hey, I let her have her moment ;)

We had a sweetheart table just for us which was absolutely perfect and I highly recommend to anyone else not having a huge wedding. We could just talk to each other, not be bothered as much and finally start to relax. We still couldnt eat much though and I think I had two little finger sandwiches and a cup of tea - thats it! It was a little uncomfortable sitting in my dress with the corset as I hadnt really practised before so I just couldn't eat a lot.

As we didn't have the traditional 'top table' Russ' mom was sat with his cousin and her family and my bridesmaids had their own table with their partners. I tried to sit everyone with the people they had come with or knew cos I knew I'd hate to be split up at a wedding. Theres nothing worse than sitting next to someone you don't know all evening...

Anyway, so here are some more pictures from the rest of the reception...
    Our delicious lemon cake
    (Which was covered with sparkly sugar crystals to match my dress). The brooches were a bargain at $6 for the two from Ebay.
    [​IMG]
    Favours
    [​IMG]
    Centrepieces
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 31, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question