Our Wedding Report - 27Th June - Nj, Usa

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

Here is my wedding report at long last. Russ and I got married on 27th June in Belmar, New Jersey which is in the United States. This is our story about online love, being in a long distance relationship and finally making it through to be married to my soul mate. It was a wonderful day, one which I'll never ever forget. I hope you all enjoy and I promise to keep it picture heavy :D Thanks for reading...

How we met
    Russ and I actually met through Facebook in December 2007. One day, totally by chance, I happened upon a preview of his profile on Facebook. His picture was of a tall handsome, muscular man lifting a young girl up in the air, her feet supported by just his hands. Little would I know then all about the world of American cheerleading... Intrigued, I ‘poked him’ and immediately got a brief hello message and a friend request. I accepted and so, it began...

Russ' profile picture on Facebook
    [​IMG]
    The first picture I ever sent him of me
    [​IMG]

Over the next few weeks we messaged each other every day, the messages got longer and longer, every time. I had never felt anything like this before. I was completely drawn to this kind, friendly and oh so handsome man. I found myself smiling throughout the day for no reason and eager to check the next message he’s left me. It must have only been a few days until we started IM-ing each other on MSN, talking briefly on the phone and then, talking on Skype...

On Skype - we talked all day sometimes and I often taught him how to cook some meals for himself
    [​IMG]

Russ was 39, living in NJ, only 30 minutes drive from New York City, had his own business, instructing and coaching cheerleading and gymnastics teams across the States. He was so wonderful and different. I had never met anyone so unselfish and thoughtful. He was so romantic, complimentary and affectionate; I couldn’t help but fall for him so early on. And I also couldn’t believe that the feeling was mutual. And so, we spoke every single day and soon made plans for him to come to England for 10 days in mid April. The day came when he actually booked his ticket and I still remember now, sitting in my living room, feeling so excited yet so nervous and wondering why? Why is he interested in me??? I couldn’t believe someone was willing to spend money and fly 3,500 miles to meet me!! So the date was set – April 15th, 2008 and now I had to worry about the rest of my situation...

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

I was currently living with my ex boyfriend of 7 years. It was awful... We had bought a house together just a year before and not long after, split up. I knew I wasn’t supposed to be with him all along. He was a companion, not someone I was ever in love with. I saw us more like siblings than boyfriend and girlfriend and it just wasn’t a happy situation to be in. We also had a Labrador, Honey together. I desperately wanted to leave and with the possibility of new love around the corner, I knew I had to soon. He became verbally abusive and even though we had split up, still tracked my every move, questioning where I’d been and waiting for me at the house, when I’d come back from going out.

So one day, I just left. I took my Honey and packed all of my things and left when he was at work. He was quite an aggressive person and I just knew he would cause trouble if he knew I was leaving with the help of my sister and her boyfriend, so I just went when I could. So I moved in with my mom and told her we’d be having an American visitor in April. I think she was a little bewildered by the whole thing, and wary (as moms often are) but none the less supportive, especially with everything I’d been through.

In amongst all this, I was talking to Russ one day and he said he had some air miles to use up and wondered if I would mind him coming over a little earlier than planned. How early, I said? Err ‘next week?’ he replied. I remember feeling a whole mix of emotions right then. I was so excited to meet him, but wasn’t sure if I was ready. I wanted to get to know him; by chatting for a bit longer in time for April wouldn’t we get to know each other a whole load more? But then I just thought, be spontaneous! So I bit the bullet and said yes! What did I have to lose?! And there you go, just one month after talking and in the middle of me starting to plan moving to my moms, we arranged for him to come over for just three days on 28th January 2008 - a month after we started talking!

And so that day came. I met him at Birmingham airport and his flight was delayed... he was coming from Newark to Paris and then Paris to Birmingham and it was delayed. I remember tapping my feet on the floor of the airport with such nerves. I don’t know how I managed to hold it together. But then... I saw him. I was in awe! He was so gorgeous and sooo tall. Every bit as gorgeous and amazing as his many pictures he’d sent! We ran up to each other together and just hugged for aaaaages! It sounds like such a cliché but it felt like he was a long lost friend. I am normally so shy with people I don’t know but I felt so at ease talking to him. He was so sweet and kept complimenting me over and over. It was so overwhelming! Even back then, I knew this was something different. It was something incredibly special. So we made our way over to the monorail to get the train back to Birmingham and going up the escalator together that’s where we had our first kiss... and ahh... it was wonderful!

The first day we met
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

And so he stayed for three magical days. He bought me little presents, one for each day and treated me like a princess. We wandered around town, went to the zoo and ate at nice restaurants. Day four came and he had to go and get his flight home. I had never felt so upset to see someone go. The night before, he told me he loved me and I told him the same. I couldn't bear to let this man go and knew then and there, despite the distance, that we had to make this work.

And so we did... April came and went and I flew out to New Jersey for the first time in June 2008. I was so terrified, especially of flying on my own (I had only been to Spain once in my life, no where further) but I did it! And subsequently had another wonderful couple of weeks together. Our relationship wasn’t always plain sailing though... being apart was so tough. We had regular arguments about not being together and the stress of being in a long distance relationship often took its toll. The nature of Russ job also created friction. Having your boyfriend, thousands of miles away, go off for an afternoon to work with 60 cheerleaders doesn’t do much for you self esteem... But we worked it through and in the total time we were together, made 12 trips trip in total visiting each other. I even spent three months out there in the summer of 2008 and 2009! As he ran his own business, we could do stuff together whenever we wanted and so I experienced my first Thanks giving and the Macy’s parade, my first American Christmas, New Years Eve in Times Square, a long weekend trip to Montreal in the autumn, Philadelphia, Washington DC and Maryland Beaches, Dinner Cruises around the Statue of Liberty, Broadway shows, endless delicious American food... we even went to Paris in April 08. It was bliss!

In Times Square, NYC
    [​IMG]
    In Paris
    [​IMG]
    In Washington DC
    [​IMG]
    London
    [​IMG]
    Having a go at cheerleading myself
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  4. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

The Proposal

Russ and I knew early on we were going to get married. I don’t think anyone would get into a long distance relationship unless it was definitely going to go somewhere. Looking back, I also knew on our first meeting that I was completely in love with him and wouldn’t ever want anyone else again. He was so special. So unlike everyone else. And so, we discussed immigration briefly. To be together, we’d need a K1 (fiancé visa), travel over to the US and get married. I knew early on I wanted to go there as well; the land of opportunity!! And so, money worries started to settle in. Russ told me he wanted to buy a ring but wanted to get me something special, not something to be replaced with a bigger diamond in a few years so, he started saving. It was so hard at times, paying for expensive bills and endless plane tickets. Neither of us are well off. But some how we made it work and scrimped and saved to be together.

I flew out again for yet another trip in April 2009. One day Russ suprised me and said we were going to get ready for a day out at the Statue of Liberty. Unbeknown to me this would be the day Russ would propose. I was starting to get anxious about it actually beforehand. I don’t know if anyone else was the same, but when you know it’s going to happen sometime soon, you wonder when... And when it doesn’t happen immediately, you want to know why? But looking back that was so silly; we had only been together just over a year... But anyway, Russ took me by such surprise! At the top of the Statue of Liberty Russ got all the tourist’s attention (his typical big, American style) and he got down on one knee. It was all such a blur looking back but he presented me with the most beautiful solitaire ring I had ever seen. Perfect and simple and classic and just what I had always wanted! I couldn’t believe it and also slightly embarrassed by all the attention from everyone. I immediately grabbed him and said big YES! Standing up and catching our breath together we looked over the Hudson and the New York City Skyline. I had never felt so happy in my entire life! We were getting married!!!!

Engagement Day
    [​IMG]
    The moment just after he proposed
    [​IMG]
    The Ring!
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  5. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

Wedding Planning

Wedding planning for us, like everyone else was incredibly stressful. More stressful perhaps because we had to plan applying for a K1 visa at the same time. I joined a fantastic website called Visa Journey for support and advice (the amount of paperwork is so bewildering alone) and every single person told me I was crazy to plan a ‘proper wedding’. Apparently the done thing with K1 visa’s is to apply (which can take anything from 6 months to a year) and then when you get it and eventually arrive in the US, have a court house wedding (register office type procedure) within 90 days and then a party-reception once you’re settled and have your green card about 6 months later. There is no way of knowing how long the procedure with take though. United States Immigration Services are a law unto themselves and talking to others, I heard so many heart breaking stories about couple being kept apart, just because of red tape. But despite this, we both didn't want to go the register office route. No offence to anyone else at all, but it just wasn’t what we had in mind. I wanted to celebrate our special day once, on our one and only wedding day! And it be the way we’ve always wanted. Not compromise on hat was our dream. And so we took the chance and started looking for venues. We started the immigration process in July 2009, planning we’d (fingers crossed) have plenty of time for a wedding in late June the following year. And when I was over in the US, during the summer of 2009, I started contacting venues. We established we’d have a small budget early on and as it was a wedding abroad, I figured not many people from the UK would be able to come, hence keep numbers down, so we decided on a small, intimate wedding with a 3pm ceremony outside and 40 guests in attendance. This way we could have all the usual formalities and the sit down meal we’d hoped for. And so we came across this golf resort on the Jersey Shore... How funny there’s now a programme on MTV about it! Trust me, though, it’s nothing like that in real life. We try to stay away from those peeps ha-ha! But Ridgewood Golf Club was beautiful, but not directly near the beach as planned. They seemed accommodating and helpful and offered loads of beautiful photo opportunies...

Eagle Ridge Golf Course, Lakewood, NJ
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  6. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

But I soon learned the flaky ways of certain people in the wedding business. Having a small party definitely makes vendors less interested and so seem keen up until a point where they fall of the face of the earth, despite the opportunity for them to earn thousands of dollars! The final straw with eagle ridge came when they said they would give us only a pokey room with carpet for a dance floor. So the venue search continued...

Then I came across the Barclay. An old building, with vintage charm, overlooking Belmar beach with a lake and gazebo in pretty gardens adjacent to it. Their prices were reasonable and so we met with the wedding co-coordinator, Sue. She was a bit too relaxed and a little hap hazard, but we liked her none the less. Russ being the most amazing h2b, actually went to meet her himself when I was at home in England. They weren’t put off by our small party and were totally flexible with dates and deposits; they even gave us a lovely decent sized room with parke dance floor and chandeliers! We also mentioned to them that instead of the usual appetisers served during cocktail hour, we wanted afternoon tea, which they agreed with Pimms being served as our welcome drink. Sue also suggested we have our wedding ceremony in the gazebo adjacent, which turned out to be only $100 for three hours! It was perfect! A gorgeous outdoors wedding overlooking the beach. And so we reserved the gazebo and booked the Barclay for June 27th, 2010!

The Barclay
    [​IMG]
    Silver Lake Gazebo
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  7. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

Hi ladies! I'm glad you're enjoying my report! :D Now were was I...

The dress
    When I knew a proposal was kind of on the cards and we started talking about it, the National Wedding Show popped up in Birmingham. The next one wasn’t till October and not knowing where I’d be or what the situation would be by then, I went and dragged along one of my soon to be bridesmaids. I was just going to browse really and have a look at things when she egged me on to try on a dress and so I did. A beautiful diamond white gown caught my eye instandly. It was encrusted with crystals all over the bodice and ruched to the side of the waist. I just knew I had to try it on. It was ‘Michelle’ by Maggie Sottero and came with a £1400 price tag! Way over my budget! And so I put it to the back of my mind. Proposal day came and went and I travelled back home to England. I knew I had to start looking for a dress soon so started scouring for dresses, still with the faint memory of the heavily encrusted bodice. And then I came across Alfred Angelo 1136! Staring at the picture online, I was instantly in love. I knew that was my dress. Everyone tells you that you always pick something different to what you’ll think you have but not me. I knew it was mine.

Official pictures online of Alfred Angelo 1136
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I booked an appointment at Go Bridal in Birmingham and tried it on. It was perfect. I loved the full skirt, soft sweetheart neckline, flattering shape and of course the crystals and beading! Just to be sure, I also picked out a couple of others just to see what other styles looked like. Drawn to the sweetheart neckline and ruched waistline, I picked out Ariana, by Maggie Sottero (which was gorgeous but just not the one). I also tried on a sexy fishtail, lacy scoop neck dress which again, just didn’t look right at all. Back to AA1136 in the dressing room which I put on again, just one more time. That was it! It looked perfect. The lady in the shop and my two friends were cooing over it and I knew by far, it was definitely 'the one'. I really had that feeling that everyone tells you you'll get when you just know. It was amazing! But, the £895 price tag was still a bit much. And so I set about researching other places for a cheaper price, like my life depended on it and came across JP Collections – previously called Just Pretty Bridals. I heard loads of amazing reviews on Y&YW (even from people who’d bought AA1136) and everyone said it was the official dress – they were even an AA preferred seller, so I took the plunge and ordered it when I was in the States for $712, an unbelievable £430 at the time!!! And it was perfect! And no alterations were needed! It was made for me!

First Try on
    [​IMG]

Upon finally getting it home to England and trying it on, it was gorgeous but just lacked something. It was a little flat and not quite as poofy as the picture online. So after asking quite a few of the girls on Y&YW, I searched for the best price I could for Jupon Petticoat 163. On it went and ta-dah! It was PERFECT! Buying a petticoat was probably only the one of very few things I was totally unprepared for, hence me spending ages trying to find the cheapest price. So brides to be, please set aside money for this as they're not cheap. But it makes the world of difference to your dress! Believe me!

2nd try on with Jupon Petticoat
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  8. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

Bridesmaid's Dresses

Looking for bridesmaid dresses was really easy. I found the most gorgeous, unusual colour on the Alfred Angelo website; 'Shrimp' – a soft peachy-pink colour, not a deep coral but not too pale. I thought it would go perfectly with the flowers I had in mind and the classic English theme. Alfred Angelo have so many styles too, all in 55 colours so it wasn’t hard to pick out style 7048 for them. I loved that it was simple but also echoed the crystal beading under the bust, of my dress. The girls thought it was lovely too. I initially wanted a champagne gold colour scheme, but finding ribbon and decorations to match seemed impossible so we agreed on Shrimp instead. Looking back, it was definitely the better option and would compliment the groom and groomsmen’s pale gold ties and waistcoats with their classic black tuxedo’s beautifully.

Online pic of AA7048
    [​IMG]

Groom's Waistcoat and Ties
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  9. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

Accessories

My mom kindly did the girls alterations for them and they decided to pair their dresses with champagne gold strappy sandals from BHS. For their gift, I had them made a gorgeous crystal and pearl headband and matching earrings and bracelets from Princess Aurora Collections. So impressed with their goodies, I used them again for my jewellery and so, they set about designing me a silver crystal and pearl bracelet and earrings. I thought a necklace would be too much with my dress but knew I wanted some kind of tiara. But, because I get headaches really easily, Princess Aurora suggested a tiara comb instead for me and it was perfect! My veil was a steal on EBay for £10 from Deity Doll and my garter, also from EBay, was engraved with my new initials for only about £6! To jazz it up and for my something blue, I sewed a blue heart crystal onto it.

My bargain garter from Ebay
    [​IMG]
    My Princess Aurora Hair Comb, Earrings & Bracelet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My Veil
    [​IMG]

I'll just sneak in here a few of our pro pics of my sparklies...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  10. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

The Bridesmaids Accessories
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Shoes
    My shoes were a story in themselves. They were CieraB by Faith and I knew the sparkles would be perfect with my blingy dress! I ended up being on the wait list for three months and then had all sorts of problems with Faith trying to actually get them delivered (it's no wonder they’ve gone bust) but still, I think they were one of the most beautiful items I had during the wedding day! And the photographer was in love with them when he saw them! He actually took about 10 great shots of them! American’s tend to love our UK history here as well, hence the pic of the sixpence (also off EBay) too. He couldn’t believe it was a real one!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you look carefully, you can see my engagement ring is on the heel of this one:
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  11. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

To be continued...

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  12. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

Flowers & Decorations
    I love flowers and saw this beautiful bouquet online amidst my wedding planning.

[​IMG]

Upon learning the meaning of flowers, I also discovered that peonies signify a ‘happy marriage’ and so I had a starting point. I also wanted lots of texture... kind of an English country garden feel. With roses and freesia... just nice and natural muted tones and lots of ivory. I met our florist at a bridal show; she was timid and sweet but was so accommodating and had the most beautiful arrangements on display. We set up an appointment to meet her in her shop and she continued to wow us. Her shop wasn’t much to look at to be honest, but it just shows you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover because she turned out to be amazing! The flowers she produced for us were absolutely beautiful. She even called us back for a mock up session where she created a centrepiece, bridesmaid bouquet and bridal bouquet for me free of charge! So it was decided... pale peachy pink charming unique roses (to match the bridesmaids dresses), white peonies, ivory ‘vendela roses’, white freesia and foliage for me. And the girls had simple, smaller bouquets with the same ivory ‘vendela’ roses and white freesia.

My bouquet (with another shameless appearance of my shoes :D )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The bridesmaid's bouquet at our table - more piccies of the bridesmaids later!
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  13. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

Being Crafty
    I’ve always been quite artsy. I studied it at A level and knew I wanted to do something creative with the wedding. I also really wanted to show off a bit of vintage English style with natural colours – creams, ivory, pale golds and soft coral. I also knew I wanted real petals for confetti and after finding the perfect colour (pink lemonade) from Shropshire petals, I set about making 30 confetti cones, all with the sheet music of Canon in D (my processional music) on the outside. I put them in a straw basket from a Dollar Store here and tied the edges with pinky-peach ribbon.

The confetti Cones
    [​IMG]

I also came across these pretty sandalwood fans online and thought they’d be a nice gift to hand out to the ladies at our ceremony, so they went in a basket too.

[​IMG]

We also decided together early on that we wanted our thank you cards to be a picture of us, holding a ‘thank you’ sign, which could then be printed onto cards. Adamant I wasn’t going to spend another $60 on Etsy, I set about making my own... which turned our really well.

Our thank you sign
    [​IMG]

In amongst all this, I also made all of the Save the Dates and Invitations in ivory and champagne colours, using card from Confetti and Pocket folds from The Pocketfold Invitation Company, who were great by the way (the poor guy in charge ended up sending me about 10 free samples in the post before I made up my mind). But they all worked out really well. I don’t know how I’d have felt about doing 200 or so though...

Invites
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  14. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

Finally getting the visa
    Meanwhile, months passed and Christmas 2009 came and weren’t when finally, soon after that, I was called for my visa interview at the US Embassy in London. I had to stay overnight in London on my own and then attend my appointment at 7.30am, but luckily had a free night courtesy of my hotel employer! Whoo hoo! One less cost to worry about! The morning of the interview, I was completely sick with nerves. I really had to pull myself together but I did it and after waiting to be seen for 2 ½ hours, they told me I was approved! I ran back to the hotel, called Russ and both of us were in tears! We were approved! I couldn’t believe it! We were finally ‘allowed’ to get married and be together!

The day I had my interview and was granted my visa at the US Embassy in London. You can just about make out the enormous brass American Eagle at the top of the building! What an emotional day!
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  15. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

Our Engagement Party
    Soon after we got engaged, Russ came to visit again and we threw a small Engagement Party at Frankie and Benny's and invited 30 of my close friends and family. It was a lovely get together as most of the people who came (including my own family) couldn't come to the wedding. I even did patriotic cupcakes as favours for everyone with US and UK flags in all them, complete with sparklers. We had a great time and the food and favours went down really well!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back to wedding Planning and getting ready for the big move...
    With money running thin on the ground things then got really stressful, but we ploughed on and somehow managed to organise Honey a pet passport with my local vet and Russ was booked to come over to England to help me move on 31st May. Moving countries was the single most stressful event of my life. I would never want to re-visit that day. I spent weeks feeling anxious and nauseous in the lead up to moving day – partly for my Labrador who would be flying with us but also at the unknown. Although, I’d visited here many times, I was starting a new life! An incredible opportunity and new start but one that is still filled with uncertainty – finding a new home together, starting a new job, finishing up with planning of the wedding and also the mountain of paperwork that continued with immigration. Russ was amazing! He totally held my hand, took charge and organised everything! I couldn’t even pack, I was all over the place, leaving my home and my family... it was all so stressful. But I knew I was doing the right thing. There was no question!

And so, we made the journey and all three of us arrived in New Jersey safe and sound – into 35 degree heat no less – but still happy, safe and sound. The relief of landing and getting into our new home together was enormous. And so things began to settle down. We had a month to the wedding which I thought was plenty of time... huh or so I thought...

My lab, Honey
    [​IMG]
    Arriving with my visa in Newark, NJ, USA
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  16. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

The Week before the big day
    The week before the big day was so stressful! Even though I had been busy crafting, making a million lists, sorting song choices, organising cake tasting sessions and tracking deposit payments, it still seemed like not enough time. The ushers didnt collect their suits until the last minute which drove me crazy but a few days before, my two bridesmaids and their partners arrived over from England. This was a comfort, especially as my mom couldn’t come, but it soon became clear that for one of them especially, this was just a holiday for them and the wedding wasn’t a priority. The other though, was absolutely fantastic! There was no exciting sleepover though, no champagne or pressies.. no nail salon appointment or anything... but looking back its fine. I had other things to concern myself with. Russ’ friends from Florida (who's little girls were our flowergirls) also arrived in NJ the night before and we met up with them and Russ’ best man for a ceremony rehearsal on the afternoon, the day before. We were supposed to go out and eat with everyone afterwards but Russ and I were so stressed we couldn’t eat and just wanted to go home and be together quietly. We didn’t eat in fact for two days before the wedding! Oh the stress!
    Here I am getting stressed cos no-ones listening!
    [​IMG]
    Rusty stunting with one of the flowergirls after the rehearsal
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  17. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

And so the big day came
    Prone to nervousness, I again woke up with sickness nerves. But Russ and I rang each other all morning and he put me totally at ease. He even drove 20 miles back to the hotel I was staying at to give me my disposable contact lenses I’d forgotten! The next problem came when the two bridesmaid’s partners wanted to go and watch the England match at the local bar. They knew we had to arrive at the Barclay to start getting ready at 12 and promised to pick us all up by 11.30. 12.15 came though and they still weren’t there! I was absolutely fuming and couldn’t understand why they didn’t feel this was an important day for me. There was no apology and I couldn’t help but feel hurt about it all. While they were out, me and bridesmaid #2 were dragged off to watch the other bridesmaid’s 2 year old son play mini golf in the 40 degree heat. Not something I would have chosen to do myself after washing my hair and showering. But it was my day and I couldn’t get upset, it wasn’t worth it. I just missed Russ. It felt like he was the only one I could rely on. I wished my mom had come over to see me get married.
    So eventually we got to the Barclay. I did my own hair and make up and got into my dress. I was so nervous by this point and wanted to get to the gazebo as soon as possible. The florist came and presented us with our bouquets and the sparkly cake arrived. I gave the girls their presents and they got into their dresses. It was so exciting – I was finally getting married and I couldn’t wait. I knew once I’d be in his arms everything would all be ok again. Russ set up all of the white chairs in the gazebo himself. He even draped tulle around the pillars. I began to get a little nervous though when we were told the guys aren’t ready yet- at 3.15! We were supposed to be married at 3!
    Getting ready
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Russ arriving
    [​IMG]

All dressed and ready to go
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And so we waited! When we finally got the all clear, the three of us made our way across the road to the gazebo. The two flowers girls (Russ’ friend’s daughters from Florida) look perfect in their sweet little AA dresses. Everything was so perfect. Approaching the gazebo, I felt so bewildered. I didn’t know what to do. Despite doing a rehearsal the day before, it all just went out of my head. I just couldn’t wait to see Russ. I could make him out but he kept turning away. He later told me everyone was telling me I was coming but he wanted to wait until he could see me properly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  18. Rustysgirl

Rustysgirl

To be continued...

Rustysgirl, Aug 22, 2010
  19. Rustysgirl

iPrincess26

Loving it, and all your photo's - I guess we can assume that the immigration side has a happy ending eventually! Want more though :)

iPrincess26, Aug 22, 2010
  20. Rustysgirl

MrsBrown

i want to read it in detail but i am gonna be late for work... love it though. all sounds so wonderful

MrsBrown, Aug 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question