Our Wedding Day

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by Mrs T2B (Kel), Aug 10, 2010.

1. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrs T2B (Kel)

Hi,

I'm sorry I've been rubbish at getting this report up .. so I'm taking a leaf out of other peoples books and doing a bit at a time!! ..... first bits to follow!!

enjoy! :) x

Mrs T2B (Kel), Aug 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrs T2B (Kel)

Friday 9th July... T-1 and counting!!!

It’s 7am in the morning, and despite not having to be at work, and despite being a little hungover from an impromptu Champagne session at my ‘hen’ pamper night I’m up already and getting ready to go and pick my mum up to perform our ‘supermarket sweep’ for flowers for our Big Day.

Our first call is Asda, and they have so many beautiful flowers we actually don’t end up going anywhere else. £50 ater and we have Peonies, roses, gerberas, chrysanths, carnations, gypsophilia, daisies, and stocks... all in beautiful vintage pinks, creams and lilacs.
    IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg

Next up is the arrangement of the flowers into the various vases, jugs and teapots at my mums & the making of the buttonholes. Foolishly I never took any pictures of this part - I was too excited to be actually doing it!! I kinda regret this now, but I still have gorgeous pictures of the flowers on the tables, so I'm happy about that.

Now originally, when the wedding planning was starting, my mum and I had been to several florists, and decided that £250 was too much for flowers, hence the trips to the supermarket for the 'supermarket sweep' of floral designs. So the long debate had arisen about what I was going to carry - a handbag, a parasol, a fan, a single rose, a pocket watch, an artificial bouquet.... the list seemed to go on and on.

However.

Once we had the flowers and I had peonies, which were just gorgeous.. absolutely gorgeous and so fitted my theme I decided last minute I wanted some in a small posy.

I remembered to take some pictures of the bouquet and my hubby's buttonhole (all be it the day after!!).

IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg

1. Advertisements

3. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrs T2B (Kel)

Friday 9th July .. continued....

Then I popped by home to spend a few hours with my then H2B, making our evening meal and packing my 2 overnight bags for Friday and Saturday.

We were picked up by the best man and he dropped me at my mum’s and then took my H2B out for a few drinks with my dad, step-dad and a few other friends.

I settled down at my mums to have my nails done by my little sister, and awaited the arrival of 2 very close friends.
    When they arrived, they adorned me with deeley boppers and pink champagne.

DSC02493.JPG
    DSC02501.JPG

We chatted, painted nails, giggled and got excited until about 11pm.

DSC02494.JPG
    DSC02495.JPG

They left; my friend Laura taking everything needed for tomorrow, except my dress & accessories and the flowers, she offered to take my dress, but I must have pulled a funny face because she laughed at me and said "ok ok , you take the dress in the morning!"

My sister, my mum and I went off to bed. I couldn't sleep, so I actual text hubby to be to say good night, we had a brief 'text chat', which made me feel a bit lonely, but he made me laugh and cheered me up, before finally, at about 1:30am I think, I fell asleep......

4. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrs T2B (Kel)

Saturday 10th July....

I’m wide awake.
    It’s 6:30am, and really a little ridiculous that I’m so wide awake.

It’s a bit like Christmas morning as a child. Nervous excitement, fear of disappointment; I can't pin point what it is but overall my emotions running on a high level.
    I try to doze, I don’t need to be up until 8am and today of all days I need my beauty sleep!

By 7am I’ve given up and nip out to the bathroom. On the way back to my room I realise my mum is also up already and she comes and sits on my bed and asks how I’m feeling and if I’m excited. I actually burst into tears (for the first time this day!).

She gives me a hug and asks what’s wrong, and I say “I don’t know, I’m not excited yet, but I’m nervous, but also scared, plus I’m feeling a little daft for feeling scared!” She laughs a little, and tells me I’m normal, which makes me start to laugh too; I’m anything but normal! ;)
    She tells me that there’s tea and coffee in the pots downstairs and goes to get my step-dad up, so I put on my dressing gown and go down to get a coffee.

My little sister comes down and snaps a rather lovely picture of me.

photo-1.JPG

She’s 20 and is dancing around asking me if I’m excited yet. I tell her I’m not excited yet, I’ve got too much on my mind to still sort out .. the table decorations, the room decorations and layout, whether the cupcakes will arrive etc. She laughs at me and sits down to have a coffee with me; and to survey the damage I managed to do to my nails overnight, before deciding she’s going to have to repaint them; nail varnish and me do not mix well!
    She finishes them and we swig another coffee, before I casually leave the room, calling out a 'bagsy' for the bathroom, at which she chases after me and calls me names as I reach the bathroom first, despite us both laughing hard. It's no big deal, as I'm just having a quick wash since I'm showering at the hotel later; but we laugh about it anyway.

It’s 8:45 and the best man arrives with a last minute bunch of flowers for my sister’s boss (who is coming to do her hair and my mums), fresh orange and chocolate croissants for us to munch on during the morning.

We start getting the flowers etc ready to be put in the car to go down to the hotel.
    My uncle is coming to give us a lift at 9:30am. We pack the car with the flowers in the teapots, my dress, my mums dress and my sisters dress, and he takes us off. Whilst doing this I manage to trip over my mum’s hall rug 3 times; I’m told to sit down before I hurt myself and they spend the day in A&E instead of Hadley Park House Hotel.

Little sister manages to take 'the best' pictures of me .. here I am by the front door waiting for my uncle to arrive

photo-2.JPG

Arriving at the hotel and my best friend and maid of honor is there already, unpacking her car.
    We get all the bits inside the hotel, and I dish out jobs to be done!!

My sister is in charge of my make & hair, my friend's and her own; so she goes upstairs to our room to get her own makeup started; we have a strict timeline for all things beauty to make sure we’re all ready by 2:45pm!

My mum goes off to ‘reserve’ the seats in the ceremony room with name tags I made.
    Laura and I go to do the table decoration and get water for the table flowers. An hour later the tables are sorted and it’s Laura’s turn for hair & make-up.
    My mum and I go outside to the lawns and set up the croquet, connect-4 and quoits.

Back inside we order some coffee for the room and go upstairs to relax for a while. Jasmine’s boss will be arriving soon to do Jasmine’s hair and also my mum’s.
    When Lisa arrives I nip into the bathroom for a shower, whilst Lisa does my mum’s hair, and Jasmine’s; it’s 12noon and the day is starting to get hot.

At 12:30 it’s time for my make-up; Jasmine does this in the bathroom as the light is better in there.

It’s at this point, when all that’s left is for me to get ready, that I begin to get excited.

I've got nothing else to worry about, everything else is just going to happen, and all I have to do is be there to be involved and absorbed by it all. As I sit there, with Jasmine fussing around my face, pulling the weirdest of expressions as she concentrates on my make-up, the giggles start to burst out involuntarily.
    I have to be told off for wriggling and not sitting still; apparently my 2 year old nephew sit's stiller than I am to have his hair cut.

Someone opens some more pink champagne, and we all munch on croissants, pink champagne and coffee whilst getting made-up and hair styled.

Once my make up is done, Jasmine's hair is due to be done, and I'm 'free' for 30 minutes.
    So I take the opportunity to give my mum her keepsake gift from me, which is a silk and lace handkerchief embroidered with ‘To my mum on my wedding day, to dry your tears as you have always dried mine’. It causes a few tears (2nd set of tears today) and I'm told off again by Jasmine for ruining my makeup (she's not as bad as she sounds, just a perfectionist, which is a good thing for a hairdresser / beautician :) ).

Time seems to speed up; my step dad and brother arrive, with the photographers in tow, who instantly start snapping away as Jasmine sets to work on my hair.
    I put my brother in charge of laying out the favours on the tables for me (they were biscuits and coconut ice so I left them in the fridge until closer to the time)

Suddenly it’s 2pm!
    My H2B & bestman arrive.
    I see him from the bedroom window, and I’m shooed away from it so he won’t see me.

It’s 2:15pm, and now we are actually a little late in our running order, so we start getting me into my dress. It’s hot and I’m excited, giggling more and generally not being helpful and as a result it’s all the more difficult for Laura and Jasmine to button me in!
    The photographers are back, clicking away as the button’s are finally done up, the sash tied and fastened with the brooch. My bracelet, earrings, necklace are on; finally my lace shrug, and then shoes... complete with lucky six-pence.

At 2:30 my dad, his girlfriend and my flowergirl arrive and come in to see us. More pictures follow, sorting out the flowergirl's baskets with the dried petals and getting the 'spare' petals down to reception for use later.
    Now it’s 2:50pm and I’m worried I’m going to be late! My mum laughs and says I’m allowed to be late as she kisses me and goes downstairs to take her seat along with my dad’s girlfriend.

I give my dad’s his keepsake gift from me, a silk handkerchief embroidered with ‘To my daddy, I will always be your little girl’. He starts to cry and says I’m unfair because technically the wedding hasn’t even started yet and I have him crying. I start crying, yes third time, more angry words from the make-up artist, and quickly we're all having a giggle about it.

We’re called downstairs for the registrar ‘interview’. Which seems to take forever! I just want her to hurry up! Yes I’m the same person I was! Yes I’m still marrying the same man! No nothing’s changed! hurry up!!
    Then it’s over, and I’m standing outside in the hallway with my dad, 2 maids and my flowergirl, and I’m listening to the registrar asking people to stand for the arrival of the bride.

The music starts to play; the music we picked; the music that is going to carry me up the aisle to my husband to be...
    My maids walk in... 25 seconds later, my flower girl walks in... 25 seconds later... oh my god, oh my god... my heart is racing now and I must have squeezed my dad’s hand because he asked me if I was ok.

I managed to stutter out the word yes, but along with the word comes a tremble and what threatens to be tears, but I can't cry now, I need to hold it together, because the doors are opening, and if I let go now I won't be able to walk up the aisle from trembling .. and the doors, the doors are opening now, they're opening..........

5. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrsg2b2011

Aaah I am loving this!! Can't believe you have stopped! Is it ok that it has bought a tear to my eye? xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 10, 2010
  6. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrsg2b2011

Ps happy 1 month anniversary xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 10, 2010
  7. Mrs T2B (Kel)

MrsBrown

Got goose bumps reading it! cant wait for next bit

MrsBrown, Aug 10, 2010
  8. Mrs T2B (Kel)

MrsC2Be

That's all so lovely, next bit please :)

MrsC2Be, Aug 10, 2010
  9. Mrs T2B (Kel)

poppleminster

ok o the hankie bits made me cry. I vowed not to keep crying at other people's wedding posts. Sob. Very cool and very you :)

poppleminster, Aug 10, 2010
  10. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Anon_SA

*like!*

(also cried a bit at the hankies thing!!)

Anon_SA, Aug 11, 2010
  11. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Becky

How can you leave it on such a cliff edge??! Aaagh I need the next bit!! Cannot wait to read the rest, you tell it so well :)

Becky, Aug 11, 2010
  12. Mrs T2B (Kel)

iPrincess26

Arrrgh I need more, although i'm not sure I'll be able to hold it together reading more only just held back a tear - what an excellent writing style and a fab thing to look back on - when it's finished you should print it off and put a copy in your wedding album. xx

iPrincess26, Aug 11, 2010
  13. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrs T2B (Kel)

hehe .. sorry ladies.. I'd written a little more, but thought that was an apt place to have a cliff hanger whilst I write the rest :)

Thank you all for your kind words... :)

I promise to get some more up ASAP.

Mrs T2B (Kel), Aug 11, 2010
  14. Mrs T2B (Kel)

MrsBoucher2B2012

Awwwww that is so beautiful

MrsBoucher2B2012, Aug 12, 2010
  15. Mrs T2B (Kel)

WelshBride

Aww it all sounds so lovely. I'm glad I'm not the only one with tears in my eyes lol!

WelshBride, Aug 13, 2010
  16. Mrs T2B (Kel)

juliak

Love it....more, more, more please!!! x

juliak, Aug 13, 2010
  17. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Anon_SA

MORE MORE MORE!

Anon_SA, Aug 23, 2010
  18. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Becky

Cannot.... cope... need... more...!!! :) :lol:

Becky, Aug 23, 2010
  19. Mrs T2B (Kel)

I'mAJones

Eeeek, you can't just stop there, I echo the other girls. More, please!

I'mAJones, Sep 4, 2010
  20. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrs T2B (Kel)

The doors are open.

I see a blurred sea of faces, but the only one I can focus on is Tristian’s, and he’s there at the end of the room, watching me, waiting for me. He turns slightly to his right and says something to his best man - I later find out his was asking him for some tissues.

We begin to walk in, pausing a little for photos, but only because my dad holds me back - which is ironic because on the ‘practice’ walks we did, it was him marching up the room, and me having to hold him back... saying “1....2...1....2”. But now I just want to run up the aisle, but I have to fight the urge to do so as we walk on sedately.

We reach the top and I glance at Tristian and his eyes are welling up as he looks at me.

The registrar speaks and addresses my dad, who steps forward and kissing my hand then places it into Tristian’s, and he then takes a seat.

The ceremony begins, and I realise that I’m trembling, and I try hard to stop but I can’t. We’re sitting at one point, listening to the registrar explaining the importance of the vows we’re about make, and asking if anyone knows of a good reason why we shouldn’t be allowed to proceed.... you could have heard a pin drop! The moment is punctuated by a murmur of laughter as Tris and I both say ‘phew’ at the same time.

We then stand to repeat the formalities of the ceremony. At some points it was hard to repeat the words, and I had to take a deep trembling breath; the registrar smiling at me, encouraging me to carry on, Tristian looking at me, his eyes brimming with tears and a slight smile on his face - and this isn’t even the vows!

The best man, our brother in law, stood up to do a reading by Ashley Rice, it was our only reading, but we felt it represented us, and the family.

“You don't have to be perfect to belong in this place.
    You don't have to have all the answers, or always know the right thing to say.
    You can climb the highest mountain if you want, or quietly imagine that you might, someday.
    You can take chances, or take safety nets, make miracles or make mistakes.
    You don't have to be composed at all hours to be strong here.
    You don't have to be bold or certain to be brave.
    You don't have to have all the answers here, or even know who you want to be.
    Just take my hand, and rest your heart, and stay awhile with me.”

It was time to exchange the rings, our vows and promises.
    When it comes to repeating our vows & promises we both have moments where our emotions overspill and both of us struggle to repeat the words as we look at each other, our eyes full of tears of love and happiness.

Then for the kiss.... followed by a roar of applause and cheering.

The ceremony was beautiful, and very emotional, apparently not just for us, as we were told afterwards by many guests that there wasn’t a dry eye in the room.

We posed for pictures of the register signing before leaving the room, as Mr & Mrs T to the sound of Jason Mraz singing ‘I’m Yours”.

Mrs T2B (Kel), Oct 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question